Question for Kargiver regarding Wayside Inn...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Question for Kargiver regarding Wayside Inn...

Hi Kar! So, my fiance and I would like to look at the Wayside Inn. We LOVE the Martha Mary Chapel and the tent for the reception. I remember reading in some of your posts that your wedding was around $18k. Now was that the reception, or the whole wedding?

Any feedback would be fabulous! I am just waiting for them to call me back!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: Question for Kargiver regarding Wayside Inn...

Hey, Peonie, that was for the whole kit and kaboodle, dress, tux, flowers, invites, everything.  And, it's an estimate since I didn't keep good track.

We had an open bar for cocktail hour and dinner for 80 people, and it was only $1700.  No one over indulged, but at the same time I think folks had what they wanted (I hope!).  It's been awhile, but I THINK our Wayside bill was about $10,500 for chapel, dance floor, wedding coordinator, dinner, open bar, cake, champagne flutes, guest book...can't remember what else, oh yeah, the horse and carriage (which I HIGHLY recommend for a measely $200 - they were kind enough to take us all around the property while our guests were at cocktail hour so we could just breath for 15 minutes!)......

I thought it was very reasonable (it's a non-profit organization), and our guests LOVED it.  The food was amazing, service, too.  And, you can't beat the ambiance if you are looking for traditional New England.  Go there for dinner and have the filet mignon.  It's to die for.  They also do cake tastings so if you call ahead they'll make you 3 tiny cakes in the 3 flavors they offer for dessert.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Wow, Kar...that is incredible :)

I am assuming she will call me back tomorrow and then we will go from there! Thank you so much for the information!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, yeah, the tent.  We got married in November so we didn't use it and I have no idea how much it is.

They have a great wedding info packet with everything you need to know.  Prices and services are clearly described, nothing hidden.  Just have them send that, and you'll be all set.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, yeah, and there are only 10 guest rooms at the Wayside Inn.  So, if you want to reserve one for you and your girls to get ready in you need to do it when you book the place to make sure you get one.  My parents and two other couples stayed at the Wayside Inn the night of the wedding.  However, most of our OOT guests stayed 10 minutes away at the Embassy Suites in Marlborough.  They had a GREAT wedding block service coordinator and fabulous prices.  It's also newly rennovated.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

We have around $20k for our reception alone, so I think that with the tent it would be around $5k extra. It is just another option out there. I am trying to look at all options. And for OOT guests, that is all fiance's parents deal, they said they would deal with all of that, because it is all his family who is coming from oot!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

It's within your budget if you have under 150 people, I think.

If you do go with the Wayside, I'd suggest to whomever is in charge of OOT guests to call the Marlborough Embassy Suites for a wedding block of rooms.  It's 100% risk free because they do NOT charge for unused reserved rooms even if they are not released the day of the wedding, the price is dramatically better for the guests than if they just book it outside the Peonie Wedding Block, all the family gets to stay in the same hotel so travel to and from the wedding is simplified and visiting maximized (breakfast the next morning together?)...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hi, miss, long time no talk!  Hope you are well.

It was Sandy Brown, but she has since retired.  However, her staff was very nice and knowledgeable, and they all worked together so I'm sure whoever is running the show now is just as good.  They do at least 100 weddings a year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

cici, GREAT spot for rehearsal.  What can be more historic, old New England than a place where Paul Revere stayed?

There is an elevator, but there are 3 steps out front.  Of course, there could be a wheelchair accessible entrance...I don't remember.  Yes, they can use the upstairs for smaller parties, but there are a couple of smaller dining rooms downstairs, as well.  The restrooms are on the first floor.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from candice211. Show candice211's posts

HI Peonie,
    just thought i would add a little something.
    when my fiance and i got engaged we checked out the wayside inn too, we've been a few times for dinner and loved it.
    we wanted October, and i'm pretty sure for that month you can only book the tent outside. 
    when we toured the chapel had just had a wedding the week previous - there were ENORMOUS spider webs over several of the windows, and some of the lights didn't work...
    the coordinator did mention they planned on replacing the carpet in the next year - it was sort of worn looking.
    we looked around the garden they propose for cocktail hour - very nice but all grass and we do have some elderly family members in wheel chairs to consider.
    the tent was ok - plenty big - but all your guests will have to use a bathroom that is brought in and attached to the tent, they cant go inside.
    in addition - the previous weekend it had POURED and there were still rain puddles in the tent AND black marks on the tent sides... 

if we had been considering a wedding inside the facility - they would have been much higher on our list, but based on having to use the tent and some areas that did not seem to be kept up, we unfortunately knocked them off our list.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

There was scaffolding on the chapel the month before our wedding so I think they overhauled it, probably inside and out.  It was pristine when we were there in November of '08.

Sections
Shortcuts