Rehearsal Dinner in Cambridge/Somerville area

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Danielle44. Show Danielle44's posts

Rehearsal Dinner in Cambridge/Somerville area

Hi everyone.
    I'm looking for a place to have our rehearsal dinner.  It will be small, about 15 people, and I'd prefer it to be in Cambridge/Somerville.  Guests will be staying in Kendall Square.
    The price range should be reasonable, by that I mean along the lines of East Coast Grill or under (not Oleana or Chez Henri territory!).  We'd really prefer it to be a place where we can have a private room...though it seems like that may be tough to find since we have so few people.  Any ideas?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

Re: Rehearsal Dinner in Cambridge/Somerville area

Elephant Walk in Porter Square might accommodate.  They have a room in their basement, but I don't if they can guarantee it to be private.  Worth a call though!  

I've seen big groups at Bombay Club, but I don't think they have a private room (could be worth asking).

Hotel restaurants can probably help (Henrietta's Table, although that might be too expensive, or the restaurant at the Marriott in Kendall Square).

I'm having trouble with the private room stipulation--that is a tough one!  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from arugulacm. Show arugulacm's posts

upstairs on the square - the front room that overlooks the courtyard would be good for 15 people.  Might be out of the $ range though.

In Response to Rehearsal Dinner in Cambridge/Somerville area:
    [QUOTE]Hi everyone. I'm looking for a place to have our rehearsal dinner.  It will be small, about 15 people, and I'd prefer it to be in Cambridge/Somerville.  Guests will be staying in Kendall Square. The price range should be reasonable, by that I mean along the lines of East Coast Grill or under (not Oleana or Chez Henri territory!).  We'd really prefer it to be a place where we can have a private room...though it seems like that may be tough to find since we have so few people.  Any ideas?
    Posted by Danielle44[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

Dali is an excellent Spanish tapas restaurant in that area.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

Gargoyles in Davis Square has a small, private room that seats 15.  I think they will do a 3 course dinner for about $30-35/person.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Epigal. Show Epigal's posts

Here are some ideas, just the first ones that come to mind...

In Harvard Square - Upstairs on the Square (agree with arugula), Harvest (they have an outdoor patio), John Harvards (they have a private room), Grafton Street (they don't have a separate room, but there is an area in the back that could work), Temple bar, Legal seafoods

Elsewhere - I also agree with Elephant Walk! There's also a place called Evoo near Inman...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trigirl627. Show Trigirl627's posts

What about the Midwest Grill? It's relatively inexpensive, all you can eat and there's usually entertainment, as well. I'm sure if you asked to be seated in the back room, they would accomodate you. It's not 100% private, but private enough.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 7x4. Show 7x4's posts

How about Dante at the Sonesta hotel?  A really fabulous restaurant, and not insanely priced.

http://www.sonesta.com/Boston/index.cfm?fa=restaurant2.menu1

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrideMeaghan. Show BrideMeaghan's posts

Have you checked the Bambara restaurant at the Hotel Marlowe?  A friend of mine just got married and had their rehearsal dinner there in a semi-private area.  It was very nice and I recall her saying that the dinner prices were reasonable.  GL!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Danielle44. Show Danielle44's posts

Thanks for all the advice.  We decided to go with the Elephant Walk.  They were very accommodating and the prices are reasonable.