Rehearsal Dinner Restaurant in/around Haverhill

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kbpell. Show kbpell's posts

Rehearsal Dinner Restaurant in/around Haverhill

Hi everyone,
    I am looking for a restaurant to have an August rehearsal dinner in or around Haverhill, Mass. George's on Washington is booked, which is where I had wanted to go.  I am looking into Bistro 45, though I'm not sure they can acommodate 20 people.  When I googled rehearsal dinners in Haverhill, this place Evenfall Restaurant came up and they have a whole Web page on their site dedicated to rehearsal dinners, which tells me they might be a good choice, but I have no idea. I'm open to any ideas or suggestions you might have.  Thanks for your help!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Scorpio75. Show Scorpio75's posts

Re: Rehearsal Dinner Restaurant in/around Haverhill

Why not try The Tap?  Or are you looking for something a little less casual?  The Tap's function rooms can accomodate 10-100 or so they say here.  I love the food and the atomsophere there.

Also I found this one while googling... George's on Washington Street, they do functions for 10-40 people.

And really a rehearsal dinner is a function, you just need a place that can accomodate a group and have some personalized service.  Good luck!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FriarGirl03. Show FriarGirl03's posts

I definitely second The Tap. There's also a function room above the A-1 Deli that's fairly nice. I did attend a rehearsal dinner there once. I would agree that Bistro 45 is kind of small. I've never been to an event at Evenfall, but I've heard great things about them. I believe they're on the expensive side though. JP McBride's also does events. I would definitely not recommend The Roma. The food there used to be good, but it's gone way downhill!

You could also get a caterer and a function room. My family always uses the space at Comfort Suites.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kbpell. Show kbpell's posts

Thank you both so much for your ideas!  It's nice to see some Haverhill-area gals on these boards. :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kat1354. Show kat1354's posts

We had our rehearsal dinner at The Roma. The food was great abd the service was good. I will say that if you have a large group of people like more than 18 you should confirm that your getting the bigger function room. We had about 15-18 people and the smaller room was a bit tight. Overall thought it was great...and in expensive.

GL

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from somethingold. Show somethingold's posts

My favorite is Keon's bistro,
    I've had dinner at evenfall, pretty good, pretty pricey but that was a while ago
    more recently had dinner at Georges,nice, sorry it wont work out there for you
    heard good things about essex st grill, too

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FriarGirl03. Show FriarGirl03's posts

Essex Street Grill is really good. I'm not sure what they have along the lines of function space though. You could probably set up a party of 20 in the back, but I would think for a rehearsal dinner, you'd want something more private. Not sure what Keon's has for space. I've only eaten there once.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kbpell. Show kbpell's posts

Awesome -- Thanks so much, everyone! I'll keep you posted on where we wind up.  :) 

Are you guys all getting married (or got married) in that area? I'm from Boston, but my fiancee is from up there, and I've been living up there for a few years.  We're getting married in August at Sacred Hearts in Bradford and our reception is at the Atkinson. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FriarGirl03. Show FriarGirl03's posts

I am! My fiance and I both grew up in Haverhill. He moved to Manchester about 5 years ago. Little did he know that he was going to marry a Haverhill girl! He's moving into my condo after the wedding. We're getting married at All Saints and having our reception at Michael's in June.

Are you having Fr. Knowle (I'm sure I'm spelling that wrong)? I went to Sacred Hearts for school but it's changed a lot since I went away to college. Atkinson is gorgeous! The only room they had available for my wedding date was far too small for our families.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from deniece881. Show deniece881's posts

If Keon's can fit you, I would highly recommend them, they are our favorite restaurant and the food there is delicious!  It is tiny though.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kbpell. Show kbpell's posts

Friar, All Saints looks beautiful although I've only driven by it a couple times.  I also have heard good things about functions at Michael's.  So exciting!

I am working with Fr. Conole, but my fiancee's cousin is a priest in Italy, so he's coming to do the ceremony, which I'm so happy about!

Deniece and somethingold, I'm with you on loving Keon's, but I'm not sure they do events. I'll have to check. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FriarGirl03. Show FriarGirl03's posts

It's really cool that your fiance's cousin is coming in to do your ceremony. Fr. Conole has done a couple of my friends' weddings. He had one of my friends in tears after every one of their little meetings because he thought they were so incompatable. (They're one of those couples that balances each other rather than agree with each other.)

He also seems to have only one wedding homily and he just swaps the names out. I'm so happy we made the decision to go to All Saints! You have the best of both worlds - beautiful church and a personalized ceremony!

Sections
Shortcuts