Rehearsal Dinner Restaurants / Florists

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rapunzel41. Show Rapunzel41's posts

Rehearsal Dinner Restaurants / Florists

Does anyone have recommendations for restaurants in the Woburn / Winchester area for a rehearsal dinner?  I was thinking Polcari's, but I can't find any recent reviews and the ones I did find are hit or miss.

I know I'm MONTHS away from needing to schedule the dinner, but my FMIL is already asking me where we should go!

I'm also looking for florists in that same area.  I was initially going to go with a florist in my area, but it dawned on me that our order is so small, they won't deliver and I don't want anyone to have to drive all the way back to Central MA just to pick up a couple of bouquets!

We have no arrangements - just my bouquet, my MOH bouquets, seven bouts, and a few single stem rose for the moms (none of them want corsages or bouquets).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Re: Rehearsal Dinner Restaurants / Florists

I am not a great fan of Polcaris. It maybe a decent place to go out for a family dinner with young children, but for an event, I would let it pass by. The food is mediocre and the waitstaff is either too hurried or too slow.
    I would suggest Cafe Escadrille. It is not in Woburn but just a stonecast away in Burlington. They have private rooms. Have attended a couple of functions there that were great. We were well taken care of and the food was tops. We have also eaten there a few times on our own and have never been disappointed.
    If you prefer to go the way of Polcaris, I would suggest Paparazzi instead. It is a notch up from Polcaris IMO, and also a family place. We have never been to a function there, but have eaten there several times. The food is good and the waitstaff friendly. But then again, there is always a chance to hit them (or any other place for that matter) on a bad day.
    Good luck in your search.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

Hey Rap!  Wow, you guys are planning machines!  Good for you!  We still haven't sent our STDs and we have had a date since October!  We're a little slow... :)

For a good florist, I'd recommend Jody at My Personal Florist.  She's in Reading, close to Woburn.  I haven't used her yet, but she did the flowers for 2 of my friends weddings (one last year, one 2 years ago) and they were beautiful.  We have talked to her and prices look really good (she works out of her home so less overhead).  She was so sweet, we can't wait to pick out our flowers (we need to pick colors first!!)  Here's her website:

http://www.thebestweddingflowers.com/

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FriarGirl03. Show FriarGirl03's posts

I like Cafe Escadrille or L'Andana, both in Burlington. The only other places I know in the Woburn area are chain restaurants. I think Lucia in the North End also has a Winchester location. Maybe that would be a good option if they did functions. I love the food at the Boston location!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rapunzel41. Show Rapunzel41's posts

I'm looking for something really budget friendly, since FMIL is not very well off financially.  I'm also thinking about the OOTers who won't be invited to dinner (due to the budgetary constraints) but who would probably want to join us for drinks afterwards.

I think I'll take a spin out that way next weekend and see what's in the neighborhood of the hotel. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Rappi,
    My nephew had his RD at Prince Pizza in Saugus some years ago. It had to be very low budget, as the couple had to pay for it themselves, and he had just lost his job. They had a lot of OOTs and wanted to include everyone. It was a fixed price pp. I don't know the exact price, but I know it was much less than $10. We were served "all you can eat" of antipasto salads, pizza and soft drinks. (Some guests ordered pitchers of beer or carafes of wine). For dessert, they had brought in a Costco cake, and the wait staff brought plates and forks and cut the cake.
    We all had a great time. It was casual and relaxed. No one missed the dress up part, the color selection of the tablecloths and the floral arrangements.
    Prince has a private room that can seat (I believe) about 30 - 40 people. But if you have a larger group they will close one of their sections for just you.
    This may not be for everyone, but just a thought for a real low budget good time.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

Hey Pingo:  I LOVE PRINCE PIZZA!!!  It is definitely a lower key place, but the food is great!  My parents *love* their pizza (it is crunchy crust and the sauce is delicous).  Since pizza is the only other food my parents like (other than Indian, which we're serving at the wedding), I think we are going to get pizza from Prince for our "rehearsal" dinner at our house.  (we're not having a rehearsal, so it is really just a family dinner!) 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rapunzel41. Show Rapunzel41's posts

Heh.  We used to have family parties there all the time.  I distinctly remember going there for my little cousin's birthday party and leaving my electric blue Jordache purse behind.  I was in tears until one of the waitstaff located it and held it for me.  (That little cousin is now 34 years old, married, with a two year old!) 

I'm trying to keep everything much closer to the venue / hotel for the OOTers so Saugus might be a little out of the radius...  Fortunately I've got plenty of time to work that out! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Perhaps Vinny T's in Lexington?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jag27. Show jag27's posts

I agree with Pingo that Polcari's doesn't have the best Italian food in the area, but they do have Regina Pizzeria and I really like their pizza.  So if you don't find another place nearby, you could still have your RD at Polcari's but just do pizza.

I had Jody from My Personal Florist do my wedding flowers and she was a dream to work with and very reasonable!  I loved my BM's bouquets, but wasn't crazy about my bouquet, but I think that was my own fault.  I wasn't specific as to what I wanted expect that I wanted an all white bouquet.  But I would still recommend her anyways because I really did like everything else she did for me.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

For Italian food there is Lucia Ristorate in Winchester (When I worked in Woburn we would go there for our christmas party...but it been years...though).

Looking at the yellow pages there is also La Stanza Diva in Woburn...I have never been there but you can check out the web page .

If your guests happen to be staying at the hotels near the Woburn mall there is alot of places near there to catch a bite like;
    Joe's American Grill
    Fridays
    Uno's
    and there a chinese place (I can't remember the name) beside the mall that is really good.

Good luck

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Hello Trex, do you get the Hot and Spicy Combo?
    My friend "invented" that one a long time ago. We used to take him and his family (Indians) there, and he would bring a Tupperware with cut up chilies and ask Arthur, who was always at the front desk - to put them on the pizzas we ordered. After a while Arthur thought it would be good business for Indian families coming there. Thus the "Hot and Spicy Combo" was born.
    Arthur is the son of the father, who opened the place a very long time ago. Arthur retired a few years back after his wife, who used to serve there, died. Now his son, Paul runs the place. Lots of things has changed. Arthur and his father used to come and sit down and chat with customers making sure the food was ok, and you were happy. Not happening any longer. The place, which was once just a mom and pop business in one small room, has been expanded and expanded and is now so commercialized, that it is hard to recognize for us, who knew it back when. But they still make the best pizza on the North Shore.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

Hey Pingo!  Oh, that sounds good!  My SIL would love it, she puts hot chilies on everything!  But no, we stick to the veggies pizzas and my dad just likes the classic cheese.  They really do make the best pizzas!  We went there frequently for years when my parents lived around here, but not much lately since they moved to FL.  That's why I thought they'd like it for the rehearsal dinner, brings back memories!  I do think it is funny how many Indians always frequent the place!  Yum...

Sections
Shortcuts