Rehearsal Dinner Site

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Handlon13. Show Handlon13's posts

Rehearsal Dinner Site

Does anyone know a good place for a rehearsal dinner in the Dartmouth, New Bedford, Fall River areas? We're planning on having approx. 50 people. Thanks.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from momof3. Show momof3's posts

Rehearsal Dinner Site

The Abby Grill in Fall River great atmosphere and a unique place
    Stoneforge in Raynham The main dinning room has a separate area that is gorgeous
    Bittersweet Farms in Dartmouth

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Handlon13. Show Handlon13's posts

Rehearsal Dinner Site

We are paying for everything ourselves including the rehearsal dinner and the wedding and haven't asked anyone to pay for anything. And we have 9 bridesmaids and 7 groomsmen & factor in their significant others and then our parents (mine are divorced), grandparents, uncles performing in the wedding, and you come up to 50 people pretty easily. So maybe before you throw out RUDE & SELFISH, you probably need to know a little more about the situation. But I guess it might have been that time of month for busymom67 and needed to take it out on someone.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Rehearsal Dinner Site

Gosh, that was uncalled for busymom.

We had 50, as well; the RD is what you want it to be.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaBabe3. Show GinaBabe3's posts

Rehearsal Dinner Site

I think bigger rehearsal dinner are becoming more common. My RD will be about 50 people. I think you need to have a conversation with whoever is for paying for the event. My FIL's offered to cover the expense and we were upfront about the guest list before we booked any place. We also searched for a place that was more economical so we could have all our guests without over taxing the in laws.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Rehearsal Dinner Site

We paid for ours. It didn't tax anyone but us, and it was an expense we wanted to incur.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Rehearsal Dinner Site

Busymom,
    Of course you can have any opinion you want and if you believe 50 guests for a RD are too many - no one will argue with your beliefs. However calling people RUDE and SELFISH because they have a large RD is totally uncalled for. Everyone has a different situation.
    If you call people rude and selfish for a 50 guests RD, we must have gone straight to He!!. - We were 90 at our son's RD and close to that many again for brunch the morning after the wedding. Boths paid for by my husband and I. We had a large amount of OTTs - and it was a pleasure for us to treat them to a dinner and a brunch. After all - they all had to spend for airfare, hotel rooms and whatever extra expenses a wedding guest have.
    Was it unnecessary and "wasted money"? Absolutely not. According to our guests the RD was a lot more fun than the wedding reception.
    If you think of it, most wedding expenses are indeed unnecessary, and the money we spend could be put to good use somewhere else. The same goes for our everyday life. Lots of stuff is unnecessary - but it makes life pleasant and fun. How boring would it be if we cut out all the fringes.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Rehearsal Dinner Site

We didn't waste money on our RD, either. It was a blast, and it was worth it to extend the visit time with our OOT guests that we hardly EVER see. It's not like at the wedding and reception we'd be able to visit with them the way we'd want to. Money well spent.