Rehersal dinner in Boston

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhigs. Show dhigs's posts

Hi everyone, you have all been so helpful with my previous inquiries, that I thought I would come to you for suggestions for a rehersal dinner venue in Boston. We have come up with a few places but nothing that seems exciting and special to us. There will be about 20 people.

Our rehersal is at St. Cecilia's so we are open to anything in Back Bay to the North End and waterfront. Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

What's your budget per person?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from circles82. Show circles82's posts

I would recommend getting the front room, upstairs at La Famiglia Giorgio in the North End. (no handicapped access though)
    This is where I had my reception. It was wonderful, the food was fantastic, I am still getting complements from my foodie family that attended, and you couldn't beat the price. If you want, since their servings are large, you can do it family-style, which I would recommend. Their house wines are nice, too. If you decide to go this way, definitely talk to Al.

I had my rehearsal at The Living Room. It is a little pricier, especially for the drinks, but it is a bit more unique and relaxed. This is more of a Waterfront location.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

Stay away from Anthony's Pier 4. My RD was there and the food was not great. I wouldn't normally complain, but it's so pricey I really expected better. DH's parents picked it, even though they live in MD and we said we hadn't heard good things.

Mid price range restaurants in Back Bay that are reliably tasty:
    Croma- italian fusion
    Bouchee- classic french

Both on Newbury Street. Croma feels more modern, Bouchee has a very bistro feel. The staff at both places I've found to be friendly and attentive.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SShoreChic. Show SShoreChic's posts

Fiore in the North End. If its in the summer you can reserve the roof deck, or the open patio area downstairs right on the street. And if your budget is endless, i would do a 3-hour Odyssey or Spirit of Boston dinner cruise! :) GOOD LUCK!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from klm44. Show klm44's posts

We're also having our wedding at St. Cecilia's at chose Top of the Hub for the Rehearsal dinner. We actually are going with a much more relaxed theme with many appetizers, drinks, desserts, etc. We have manhy OOT guests so a "drop in/open house" was more of the feel we were going for. It is convenient to St. C's. Just another thought!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I heartily second pink's warning about Anthony's Pier 4. It's ALL name and ZERO food and service. Yuck.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

Thank God it wasn't just me. [Quote]I heartily second pink's warning about Anthony's Pier 4. It's ALL name and ZERO food and service. Yuck.[/Quote]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhigs. Show dhigs's posts

Fiore is a great idea, I am leaning towards Italian since it is a crowd pleaser. I looked at Anthony's for the wedding reception and was so disappointed. They haven't really kept up the looks of the place, nevermind the food.

thanks for the suggestions! We definately want a relaxed, casual feel to the night. I will check out La Famiglia, I've been there a few times and was always happy with the meal!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fall08Bride. Show Fall08Bride's posts

We were also looking in the Back Bay. Our parameters - around 30 people and we wanted a private room. We ended up at Skipjack's on Clarendon Street and it was absolutely wonderful. The service rocked and the food was delicious.

Some of the other places we considered were: Tapeo, Casa Romero, Piattini, Petit Robert, Brasserie Jo and Laurel Grill. You may also want to consider Vox. I have attended a number of small, private functions there and they've always been great.

I also attended a rehearsal dinner at Ristorante Saraceno in the North End - great private room and the food was wonderful. Parking can be an issue in the North End though, so consider that. We were able to get discounted garage parking right underneath Skipjacks....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Colby2000. Show Colby2000's posts

Not to hijack, however I'd be interested in any suggestions in the financial district and/or Fanueil Hall/Govt Center area. Our rehearsal will be at the Langham and we are looking for a private room for about 30.

Right now our finalists are Kingfish Hall and Umbria (leaning towards Kingfish though.) We loved the idea of Sel de la Terre but the room is just too small.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don11756. Show Don11756's posts

Look at The College Club of Boston, 44 Commonwealth Avenue. Beautiful old brownstone, recently renovated. Excellent food, reasonable prices and they have b&b accommodations for your oot guests.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WMegs5. Show WMegs5's posts

I'm interested in these responses too! Our actual rehearsal will be at the Langham as well then we need a rehearsal dinner spot for about 100-110

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SMLD. Show SMLD's posts

I got married in Charlestown and had our rehearsal dinner at Joe's American Bar and Grill on the waterfront. They have a room upstairs that over looks the water and it was perfect!

Good Luck!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[Quote]I got married in Charlestown and had our rehearsal dinner at Joe's American Bar and Grill on the waterfront. They have a room upstairs that over looks the water and it was perfect!

Good Luck![/Quote]

Oh, that IS a great place. It seems that places either have great service, great food, or a great view. This has it all. ...and a fabulous wine list, too. That would be my pick!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhigs. Show dhigs's posts

Joe's would be a good pick, especially for an August RD. Is the room upstairs too big for a party of 20?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from circles82. Show circles82's posts

I am assuming that you are asking about the room at La Famiglia? If so, no, the room wouldn't be too big for 20. It would be just about perfect for 20. They can open it up for the whole upstairs if you have a larger party, but the front room is made for more intimately-sized parties

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[Quote]Joe's would be a good pick, especially for an August RD. Is the room upstairs too big for a party of 20?[/Quote]

I've been to a number of Joe's, but not that particular one. However, here is an excerpt from their website regarding the Boston Waterfront location:

"...as well as an upstairs private event room on the second level makes Joe's on the waterfront a perfect location for any special event. Whether it be a cozy dinner for two on our magnificent outdoor patio, a casual lunch or dinner with friends after work, Joe's on the waterfront is the perfect setting."

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

The Joe's on the waterfront is awesome! That's where my Dad and I would go to lunch after meeting with the coordinator at the NEAQ. Food, view and service is always consistently good.

Not to mention, Colunbus Park right outside of it is a great location for pictures. We were going to do some of ours there, but had to change plans the day-of because someone had thrown red paint all over the statue of Columbus.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yes, they are a good value. Not inexpensive, per se, but the food is so excellent, how could it be?

Sections
Shortcuts