SMALL wedding venue????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SLup. Show SLup's posts

SMALL wedding venue????

We are having a small wedding, probably no more than 50-60.  Could possibly go up to 80, but it's VERY doubtful.  Where are good venues that cater to smaller receptions?  We are in the Framingham area, but we're willing to do anything east of  (or along the border of) 495.  We'd like something elegant and intimate, but fun!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from HappyFrappy. Show HappyFrappy's posts

Re: SMALL wedding venue????

How about out the Sherborn Inn in Sherborn? Great food and a very traditional New England setting. www.sherborninn.com

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

The Wayside Inn is intimate, and the Martha-Mary Chapel on the premises is quite small.  We had 80, and the room would have looked great with 50, too.  And, if you're looking for quintessential New England, it's the oldest working inn in America (note the .org indicating their non-profit status).

www.wayside.org

Oh, yeah, it's in Sudbury.  There are 10 rooms.  Our OOT guests stayed (mostly) at the Embassy Suites in Marlborough about 10 minutes away.  I got a great wedding block rate there and had a great experience overall with their wedding block person.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cicirose. Show cicirose's posts

We are having ours at the Henderson House in Weston (owned by Northeastern). It's gorgeous and the way it's set up, feels very intimate. We are having between 70 - 80 but it would definitely work for less.

As Kargiver mentioned, the Wayside Inn is also great for a small wedding. It's has the very old and rustic feel.

Good luck with your search!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Not just the "feel" - it's really old and rustic! ;)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

There's the Aegean restaurant in Framingham.
    http://www.gatheringguide.com/event_directory/ma_massachusetts/event_venue_3529.html

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elmgirl82. Show Elmgirl82's posts

The Aegean has awesome food. I've been to the one in Watertown. I looooove Greek food. I had no idea they did weddings. It is 12am and now I am craving spanakopita, lemon soup, and grape leaves! I think I know where I am getting dinner tomorrow night :) Too bad Steves on Newbury St. isn't a lot bigger ;) I would totally have a wedding there.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trouble30. Show Trouble30's posts

If you might like Boston, you should look at the College Club in Back Bay on Comm Ave.  It's a gorgeous brownstone.  It is truly a hidden gem and the prices are sooooo reasonable.  It is a smaller room so for 50-60 guests it'd be perfect.  I got married there in 2007 and just loved it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Epigal. Show Epigal's posts

Not sure about pricing, but what about Upstairs on the Square in Harvard Square, or the Hampshire House, or the restaurant Avila?

Sections
Shortcuts