South Shore/ Cape Venues on a $15k budget?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheLongestTime. Show TheLongestTime's posts

South Shore/ Cape Venues on a $15k budget?

Ok girls, I need your expertise. I am planning a Spring 2011 wedding and I want to start with the venue. I would like to keep the budget at about $15k for 100-125 people. I’m looking for a casual/ beach-y but elegant vibe on the Cape or South Shore and want to do the ceremony and reception all in one place. So… Is this possible? Any venue suggestions?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tibird. Show tibird's posts

Re: South Shore/ Cape Venues on a $15k budget?

I had mine at the Shaw's Center in Brockton.  I played up the baseball, but there is a tent and lawn outside the hall & it is well within budget.  The staff there is AWESOME!  I would really suggest taking a look in person, as the website is horrid!

I also loved the Best Western Adams Inn in Quincy.  The hotel is totally re-done & it looks out over the water.  I was in love with the idea of having the ceremony in the gazebo over the water.  Their prices are good, too, as least last year when we looked.  Added perk of on-site lodging too!
    Good luck!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

You could try Bournedale, where Cosmogirl had her wedding/reception.

http://www.capefunctions.com/

I visited the Clarion in Hull when we were looking and liked it.  Not sure if it would quite fit your budget.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

I'm having a May 2010 wedding at the Flying Bridge Restaurant in Falmouth.  It's on the harbor in Falmouth and has a tented area outside for the ceremony. We are doing the stations option and it is pretty reasonable (base $55/person).  They also have a sister restaurant down the street, The Coonamessett Inn, where our friends are getting married in October.

Also, to save costs we are having a day wedding (12-5pm).  They aren't charging us the site fee they normally charge for an evening wedding.

http://www.capecodrestaurants.org/flyingbridge/

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cicirose. Show cicirose's posts

We looked into the Dan'l Webster Inn in Sandwich and they were very willing to work with our budget, which was about the same as yours (but for a smaller wedding). We never visited because we decided to go with a location closer to us, but heard wonderful things about the place from someone that grew up nearby.  You can have your ceremony there too.

Like clc said - you may want to consider a daytime wedding or even a mid-afternoon into early evening cocktail reception. We are doing a Sunday daytime wedding to have it at the place that we really love.

Good luck!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trigirl627. Show Trigirl627's posts

We did ours for around $20K in the summer of 2008 at the Jones River Trading in Kingston. We definitely could have cut out some splurges and done it for $15K without a problem, especially if you go with the package that they offer through Plymouth Bay Catering. We decided to just go with the food/drinks from them and bring in the rest of the vendors ourselves. Definitely doable.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

For $15K, you could have your reception at  Bournedale AND have all the guests stay overnight and have breakfast the next day.  I can't rave enough about the place.  It's gorgeous, fun, casual, and your guests will love it!

It's right off Exit 3 before the Sagamore Bridge in Plymouth.  The staff couldn't be nicer and I would have eloped with the Function Manager if he wasn't already married!!!  :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LNH721. Show LNH721's posts

Cosmogirl- my friend is considering Bournedale for her reception (the ceremony is at a nearby church).  She is wondering what the sleeping facilities are like.  Is it bunk beds?  Private rooms?

Also, in your experience, is 180 too many people for a seated reception in their dining room?  Their website says 200, but since you had your reception there, I think you'd have a more honest idea...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

The sleeping facilities are cabins, like when you went to camp.  There are 8 to 10 beds per cabin.  A couple of the cabins have private bedrooms.  Certainly not luxury but they were spotless.  There are private bathrooms in each cabin.

I just heard that they have renovated their reception hall, so they might have configured it differently.   If not, I can't imagine having 20 tables in there.  I think it would have involved putting tables on the dance floor.  We had 14 tables and it was great. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LNH721. Show LNH721's posts

Great!  Thanks for the info.  It sounds like such a fun, relaxing venue for a wedding.  Having the place to yourself all weekend is such a bonus!!  My friend is going to look at it next week!  Thank you!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from akire6279. Show akire6279's posts

In Response to Re: South Shore/ Cape Venues on a $15k budget?:
    [QUOTE]For $15K, you could have your reception at  Bournedale AND have all the guests stay overnight and have breakfast the next day.  I can't rave enough about the place.  It's gorgeous, fun, casual, and your guests will love it! It's right off Exit 3 before the Sagamore Bridge in Plymouth.  The staff couldn't be nicer and I would have eloped with the Function Manager if he wasn't already married!!!  :)
    Posted by cosmogirl[/QUOTE]

Does Bourndale include alcohol in their prices? Or will that be an additional charge?

Thanks!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

The alcohol is additional.  They only have a beer and wine license, so that will help keep the costs down, though.  We also served champagne. 

Sections
Shortcuts