South Shore Rehearsal Dinner

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdd01. Show jdd01's posts

South Shore Rehearsal Dinner

Hi Ladies,

It's been awhile!  I need some suggestions on rehearsal dinner sites in the south shore.  We are getting married at The Villa at Ridder Country Club in East Bridgewater, MA and our hotel is in Plymouth.  We are looking at about 35 people.  My hope is that we find something a little more contemporary.  We've looked into Stoneforge, Mocking Bird, East Bay Grille and 14 Union.  Any other ideas?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Re: South Shore Rehearsal Dinner

I don't know what your price range is but what about Alba in Quincy?  DH took me there for my birthday this year and the food was excellent!

http://www.alba1486.com/

I believe they have private rooms both upstairs and downstairs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdd01. Show jdd01's posts

Thanks, clc!  I knew I was forgetting something.  I'm not sure of our price range because his parents are the ones hosting.  I'm just looking at a few options for them.  I'm pretty much just looking for a nice restaurant with nice food and not crazy on the prices.  Alba looks very interesting, but it might just be a little too far north than where we want to be.  I'll put it on the list though.  Thanks, again!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bean78. Show bean78's posts

Benjamin's in Taunton is right off of 495. My In-laws hosted our rehearsal dinner and liked their prices. We had our own room so it was nice and private.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tibird. Show tibird's posts

My bridal shower was at Mockingbird.  The food & service was great.  It was a Sunday, and they weren't open to public yet, so it may be different.  but we had our own room in the front of the restaurant.  Everyone involved in the planning aspects seemed very happy.  And if you knew my in-laws, that is saying something!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

We are looking at about 35 people.  My hope is that we find something a little more contemporary.  We've looked into Stoneforge, Mocking Bird, East Bay Grille and 14 Union.  Any other ideas?
    Posted by jdd01

Hi jdd!  I'm from the South Shore and had my wedding here as well, so I've actually been to all of these places.  Stoneforge (in Raynham, I'm guessing?) can be pretty inconsistent with both service and food.  I've had both great meals and horrible meals there.  Last time I was at Mockingbird the food wasn't too good.  14 Union is lousy, and I haven't heard anything good about functions there.  East Bay Grille is fantastic, but they can be a little pricey.

We had our rehearsal dinner at Johnny Macaroni's in East Bridgewater.  They did a fabulous job -- the food there is fantastic, they have huge portions, and pricing is very reasonable.  However, I wouldn't really say it's contemporary.

A couple of other good restaurants in Plymouth are Cafe Strega and the Roobar; they may be worth looking into.  Good luck!  Smile

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdd01. Show jdd01's posts

This is great information!  I'll be sure to pass it along to my FMIL!

Thank you all for your help and if you have any other ideas, please feel free to share Laughing

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TammieMarie. Show TammieMarie's posts

Scarlet Oak Tavern on route 53???? in Hingham might be a good option.  They have private room(s), and the food is wonderful.  The venue is very contemporary and attractive inside and has a varied menu.  Not sure if the prices would be in the right range or not.  They also own Gibbet Hill in Groton where we had our wedding reception.  First class all the way!!! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdd01. Show jdd01's posts

Thanks Tammie!

We are actually doing a huge BBQ at my FMIL's house.  They have a wonderful house with a great back yard so we just thought that that was the easiest solution.

We're getting our BBQ catered with Smokey's

http://www.smokeyslci.com/

My dad is in a band so we're hoping that they will be available to play that day.

I should be a good, relaxing time before the big day!

Thank you again for all of your help, ladies!