Southern Maine/NH Coast Venues

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KD978. Show KD978's posts

Southern Maine/NH Coast Venues

Hi Everyone,

i'm new to these boards, recently engaged, and looking for any and all suggestions/feedback on venues in the Southern Maine/NH area. We're looking for something near the water that can hold approx 150 people. Budget is around 15K for food/beverage. We'd like to have the ceremony/reception in the same place and would love a venue that has overnight accomodations for guests. This weekend we're checking out the Ashworth by the Sea in Hampton NH and Union Bluff Meeting House in York. Has anyone been to/held wedding here? Any other suggestions are much appreciated!

Thanks so much for your help!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rirlo01. Show Rirlo01's posts

Re: Southern Maine/NH Coast Venues

We checked out Union Bluff  and loved it!  We opted for an inland venue with other significance to us, but had that not been an option, we'd have been delighted to go with Union Bluff.  Sorry I have no real experience to speak of, though.  Good luck and best wishes!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from deniece881. Show deniece881's posts

The Union Bluff was on our list, but we never made it there.  The Colony Hotel in Kennebunkport is another that was on our list.  We walked around, but never managed to get our schedules in tune with their event person before we fell in love with another venue. 

We got married at the Stage Neck Inn (also in York) which was wonderful and I would highly recommend, except they are a little too small (their day wedding room accomodates 125 and the evening room seats 75-100, I think) but it's a beautiful location and the food and service is great.  We had planned to see the Union Bluff and make an appointment with the Colony, but after my husband saw the Stage Neck, I couldn't have dragged him anywhere else if they paid him to go. :-)  I'll stop ranting now. 

I had a huge spreadsheet I had made for our wedding of venues, I'll try and see if I missed any when I get home.  Spring Hill in S. Berwick was our second choice, but there isn't really any nearby lodging.  Really good food though, and a pretty setting and room.  The Seacoast Science Center has a tented space, if you like outdoors, but again, there isn't a lot around.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from deniece881. Show deniece881's posts

The Dockside in York is on the water too.  I haven't been in years, but that was another one that was on our list to check out.  Good luck!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KD978. Show KD978's posts

Thank you both for your suggestions! I'll definetly check each of them out...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LindaO1MrsO1. Show LindaO1MrsO1's posts

In Response to Re: Southern Maine/NH Coast Venues:
    [QUOTE]Thank you both for your suggestions! I'll definetly check each of them out...
    Posted by KD978[/QUOTE]
    I would suggest also looking at the York Harbor Inn (YHI) in York harbor and Clay Hill Farm (CH) in Cape Neddick/Oqunquit.  We have dined frequently at YHI. They have several buildings on site. Definitely have a large dining room with views of York Harbor. Fairly sure that they could accommodate a wedding. 
    In terms of Clay Hill, we have been dining there for over 30 years.  The setting is very beautiful with many flower-filled gardens on their property.  I definitely know that they have wedding packages.  They also have packages with various motel accommodations.  Clay Hill is owned by the Lewis family - Donna was previously active at CH and now her daughter, Jennifer is the wedding coordinator.  For over 30 years, we have enjoyed CH while staying at the Sea Chambers Motel. Both YHI and CH are certainly worth looking at. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Re: S. Berwick and S. NH and lodging: they are not that far from Portsmouth NH. There is tons of lodging right off Exit 7, either downtown Portsmouth or near the Fox Run Mall.  You are talking a 20 minute drive, tops, to S. Berwick or parts of York.  And while it may not be pretty, there is plenty of lodging on Rt. 1 in Kittery, York, and all the way into Ogunquit. Once in Ogunquit, there is ample nicer lodging. HTH

Sections
Shortcuts