Southers Marsh Golf Club?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SSBride09. Show SSBride09's posts

Southers Marsh Golf Club?

Has anyone ever been to or had their wedding ceremony and reception here?  We saw it on Saturday and really like it, but I haven't seen many people mention it in scouring these boards.  Any feedback?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fall2010. Show fall2010's posts

Re: Southers Marsh Golf Club?

I have been to many events at Southers Marsh.  The tent is beautiful. And the club house is really nice too.  Not sure if you are interested in having your ceremony on site...but we went to a wedding there a few years ago and the couple got married on the golf course, while the guests looked on from the deck with a cocktail (love that!).  It was intimate for the bridal party, but the guests could still hear everything because the officiant had a microphone.  The food was just ok at that wedding, but I have had good food there at other parties.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brighton1. Show Brighton1's posts

I went to a wedding there.  It was during a hurricane, so everything had to be moved indoors.  If you're okay with having everything in the club house, I think it's fine.  The bride was disappointed, but we all had a blast.  The food was decent.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SSBride09. Show SSBride09's posts

Thanks for the positive feedback.  We decided to book it and are really excited!  We're having the ceremony onsite and reception in the tent, with the clubhouse as a back up plan and for the cocktail hour.  Hopefully the weather holds out.  I will be disappointed if there happens to be a hurricane that day but decided to take my chances. 

Sections
Shortcuts