Sunday Brunch reception

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cherrywebb. Show cherrywebb's posts

Re: Sunday Brunch reception

In Response to Re: Sunday Brunch reception:
    [QUOTE]I seriously considered having a Sunday afternoon wedding. Ceremony at 11 and then reception from 1-6. And having lunch for the meal. Reason I was considering this is because my parent's are older (mom is 65, dad is 68) and a majority of the people who are going to be there are going to be in their 50's and 60's, even FI's parent's friends and family, most people are in their 50's and 60's, so I thought many people would love to go to a wedding like this. But FI wanted nothing to do with it. Oh well. Really, we are only having about 25-30 people under the age of 30 at our wedding, I think!
    Posted by Sept2010Bride[/QUOTE]

That was so nice of you to consider it but really, you can't please everyone so you might as well do what suits you and your FI. Plus, my parents are the same age as yours and they and their friends look for excuses to stay up and party! I seriously think my mom was the most disappointed when I told her we're doing a small brunch.

p.s. Do you live in the Newton Corner area? I thought I read that somewhere... I live right around there too!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Hi Cherry,
    Independence Harbor in Assonet, MA does brunch receptions. 

www.ihweddings.com

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Yes Cherry, I live right in Newton Corner!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cherrywebb. Show cherrywebb's posts

[QUOTE]Hi Cherry, Independence Harbor in Assonet, MA does brunch receptions.  www.ihweddings.com
    Posted by framerican51008[/QUOTE]

This place is so pretty! My cousin had her reception there years ago. Unfortunately the website says the minimum for Sunday brunch is 100.

FI wanted it SMALL - like 25 people and it took a lot to make him see that wasn't even feasible, so there's no way we will have 100. Oh well! I really appreciate yet another lovely suggestion!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cherrywebb. Show cherrywebb's posts

[QUOTE]Yes Cherry, I live right in Newton Corner!
    Posted by Sept2010Bride[/QUOTE]

We're neighbors! Smile I love living there. So convenient to everything. And you can't beat the 10 minute ride on the express bus into the city