The Neighborhood Club vs. The Tirrell Room

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klee3. Show Klee3's posts

The Neighborhood Club vs. The Tirrell Room

Hi Everyone,

I've been looking for a long time for an affordable wedding venue.  Our ceremony will be in South Boston.  We're expecting around 180 people give or take.  We have a food/venue budget of 12k or less.  So far, the only venues we've foudn that have been decently close to South Boston and in our price range have been The Neighborhood Club and The Tirrell Room.  I'm wondering if anyone has had experience with either of these?  I saw some great reviews about The Tirrell Room.  We're hoping the wedding has a warm, romantic feeling, as it's in the winter (maybe a little fairytale-esqu :) ).  Any reviews would be great or any other suggestions of possible places!

Thanks!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from venforknot. Show venforknot's posts

Re: The Neighborhood Club vs. The Tirrell Room

I know nothing about either of these venues and have never been to either BUT for what's worth from someone who knows nothing, just from the pics on the website I'd go with the Neighborhood Room. It looks really pretty.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mezzogal1124. Show mezzogal1124's posts

I went to The Neighborhood Club recently for a wedding and it was very nice.  Good food and friendly staff.  HTH!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from laryan. Show laryan's posts

Another venue to consider...Phillips Old Colony House on Morrissey Blvd in Dorchester...good food...easily accessible... 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Obbieite. Show Obbieite's posts

In Response to The Neighborhood Club vs. The Tirrell Room:
    Hi Everyone, I've been looking for a long time for an affordable wedding venue.  Our ceremony will be in South Boston.  We're expecting around 180 people give or take.  We have a food/venue budget of 12k or less.  So far, the only venues we've foudn that have been decently close to South Boston and in our price range have been The Neighborhood Club and The Tirrell Room.  I'm wondering if anyone has had experience with either of these?  I saw some great reviews about The Tirrell Room.  We're hoping the wedding has a warm, romantic feeling, as it's in the winter (maybe a little fairytale-esqu :) ).  Any reviews would be great or any other suggestions of possible places! Thanks!!!
    Posted by Klee3

My youngest daughter had her reception at The Neighborhood Club fifteen years ago.  We had 125 people and it was fabulous.  I think we paid about $30,000 back then. As a native of Quincy, I also know that The Tirrell Room is very good.  I've been to many functions there and have always been pleased with it. I'm sure they can accommodate 180.  The grounds are beautiful too. If you are an Elk's member you get a discount on the room.  Obbieite

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JCarr68. Show JCarr68's posts

This is a guy's perspective, so I apologize upfront but I'd consider Port 305 in Marina Bay. I know you're wedding is in the winter, which isn't the best time for a waterfront wedding, but after looking and pricing both the Nieghborhood and Tirell room my Finace and I choose Port 305. We are having our's there in June for 100 people and it was a fraction of the cost of the others. 180 people is pushing its capacity as its a little smaller. But its under the management of Siros now and the food is straight off their menu, its been completely remodeled with a much lower room fee and they are great to work with. Louise, the function manager is great to work with and they have the best food options we've found. A better experience for less per person than the other sites. Best of Luck!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from elmirag. Show elmirag's posts

I've been to both- I think the Tirell Room is more "intimate". But they are both very nice, and I have not heard anything bad about either place, ever. One more to consider because I know their prices are really great and the food is AWESOME is Emerald Hall in Braintree. It's kind of out of the way, nothing to look at from the outside, but looks great inside. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tara0313. Show tara0313's posts

I had my wedding at the Tirrell Room last August and people are still talking about it. Since they added the addition, the place is beautiful.  The staff is wonderful and I had no issues in any of my planning! BUT I have been to many weddings at the Neighborhood Club as well and was in one last November. I think the fireplace in the main room is SO beautiful if you are looking for that winter wedding theme.
    Tough decision since they are both so nice!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klee3. Show Klee3's posts

Thanks all!  Your help has been awesome and much appreciated.

Sections
Shortcuts