The State Room

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyc521. Show nyc521's posts

The State Room

Hi all - just wanted to send an update.  A while ago, I had posted about choosing the State Room as a reception site and I heard a lot of negative feedback.  I just wanted to post for any brides out there that we have had an AMAZING experience thus far.  We aren't getting married until June, but a lot of people said they heard bad things about the planning process with this venue.  We have loved every minute of working with The State Room and couldn't be more excited for the wedding day.  Just wanted to throw it out there in case anyone is looking!  :)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkandpearls. Show pinkandpearls's posts

Re: The State Room

NYC- Thanks for posting this! I'm looking at the State Room right now and have had nothing but the best response from them.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Maybe they read all the bad reviews here (I've heard nothing but terrible things for 5 years) and improved their service!  So glad you are having a wonderful experience.  Let's hope this is indicative of actual permanent changes they've made and not a fluke.

P.S.  I know if I were a Boston vendor I'd definitely snoop here and see what needed to be improved asap.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Not reading the contract and complaining about "getting burned" is something I'd not worry too much about as a vendor (what can you do about stupid people?), but if 9/10 brides complained about the site's wedding coordinator not getting back to them in a timely manner, I'd do something about that pronto.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatawagSBNy. Show whatawagSBNy's posts

The number of people willing to pay for pricey venues is down - all of the Longwood properties usually book way in advance have had a couple vacancies recently for the coming summer - early fall.

People are not job hopping in a hard hit industry.

I think people staying longer at their jobs rather than a revolving door for coordinators,  and a policy of catering a bit more to clientele,   can  go a long way toward improving things in 3 dynamite venues whose only long running complaints have been serive.

When people are lining up to book 15 months in advance, service sometimes goes by the board.  Now,  the idea of losing lots of business to something simple, like not returning phone calls,  rushing people through contract signing,  probably is less tolerated.   Allowing more flexible a la carte choices rather than fixed packages probably does not hurt either.

No one ever said Veronique, the State Room or Belle Mer were lacking in facilities,  or that the service and quality throughout the actual event was less than top notch, that I ever heard or read.

Mostly, front office issues, lack of clear communication and sometimes bad attitude.

I'm happy to hear that has turned around  for these brides.  So unnecessary to begin with. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkandpearls. Show pinkandpearls's posts

Hi NYC- what room(s) are you using at the State Room? The Great Room is amazing but it definately needs a large crowd to fill it up-I'm looking at the two smaller rooms right now and just wondering what others are doing. Thanks!!