The Tirrell Room in Quincy?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lmh81. Show lmh81's posts

The Tirrell Room in Quincy?

Hi all,

I'm researching venues for my wedding and I'm wondering if anyone has any feedback on The Tirrell Room in Quincy.  Any information would be helpful!

Thanks!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from elmirag. Show elmirag's posts

Re: The Tirrell Room in Quincy?

I have been to two weddings at the Tirrell room, and they were both fabulous. The food, the people who ran, everything seemed to go very nice, and my friends who had their weddings there had nothing bad to say. It's a very pretty location. You might find some reviews for them at Weddingwire.com 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikadoWeddings. Show MikadoWeddings's posts

The Tirrell Room is very popular for weddings in the South Shore! I live right across the street and we see weddings there just about every weekend! They have a great view of the city, gazebo for portraits, and best of all - free parking! Have you looked into Granite Links in Quincy too? They have a spectacular view of Boston!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tara0313. Show tara0313's posts

MY wedding is there next weekend! They have been fabulous with everyhing and it has been reasonable as well. I will let you know how the day works out!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from alice88. Show alice88's posts

I have attended two weddings there.

I think the location, especially for a spring or summer wedding, is very pretty.  For one of the weddings, I had attended the menu tasting and things were great!  But the day of the wedding the food was far inferior, which was just disappointing.  I suppose it was that they were making everything in bulk, but the quality of food shouldn't be compromised.  This wedding in particular was about 4 years ago, so hopefully things have improved or it was just an "off" day.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from laryan. Show laryan's posts

seems to me the food at these venues are generally fabulous at the tasting, but lousy the day of the reception. 

I definetly get the impression that tastings are another way these venues get you to depart with your dollars, as they try to sell you everything under the sun.