Turner Hill Brides!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pij1126. Show Pij1126's posts

Turner Hill Brides!

Hi girls!

So I am possibly having a wedding at the Mansion on Turner Hill in Ipswich.  I really would like some referrals or to email a bride (or two or three!) that have had or are having their wedding there.  If you or if you know anyone that has had a wedding there and you can put me in touch with them I would TRULY appreciate it!  I can't find many reviews on it and want to make sure I'm making the right decision.

Thanks!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: Turner Hill Brides!

If you search Etiquette (where we typically post our reviews of our vendors and venues) and Venues for "Turner" you'll find old threads that mention it.  I found this post in a few minutes.  People will post here if they know anything; no need to email.  If you search on "Turner Hill" it will come up with threads that just have "hill" in it, like ones that have the word "chilly," for instance, so just type in Turner. 

Good luck!!

~kar

First: 1/8/2009
    Last: 11/3/2009
    Turner Hill is gorgeous. 120 fit in the ballroom, so your guests would definitely fit. They have a really pretty outside ceremony area too, if you're looking for that. Talk to Colleen - she is very nice.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from staci1. Show staci1's posts

What about the Crane Estate.. or do you have your heart set on Turner Hill.  I think the Fee's are about the same!!

Staci

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Hi Pij - that quote Kar included is me! (before I changed my screen name).  I loved Turner Hill, but we ended up at a different venue that ended up being perfect for us. 

Regarding Staci's post - we were able to afford Turner Hill but weren't even close to being able to afford Crane... I can't remember the details, but they weren't the same price...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pij1126. Show Pij1126's posts

Thanks girls.  Its not about the price ( I mean I care about price, but thats not why we didn't look at it) , but about size of our wedding.  We have close to 250 people which would fit at Turner Hill, but I thought I remember the Crane Estate only being able to accomdate 200 so I didn't even do further research on it. 

Poppy, do you mind me asking where you had yours and what made you choose it over Turner Hill?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Pij - We chose Willowdale in Topsfield.  One of the reasons we chose it was it was absolutely gorgeous, and we were able to use the entire house.  They even have up to 4 overnight rooms - a bridal suite, a groom's suite, and 2 others.  They usually charge for use of those, but they threw them in with our deal.  Honestly, also the price was a factor and it came in under Turner Hill.  Also, I don't think Turner Hill's caterer offered a tasting, and Willowdale's did.  They are pretty close to each other, so if you were going back to Turner Hill you could swing by Willowdale.  One big difference is that Willowdale's weddings are in a tent, whereas Turner Hill would have been inside for us (they also have a tent option).  That was fine with us, but might turn people off of Willowdale.

Good luck1

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Carey906. Show Carey906's posts

Pij, I'm having my wedding this June at Turner Hill, and I will be happy to answer any questions you have. We are having 150 guests at our wedding, so it is a lot smaller than your number. We picked it because it is such a fantastic venue. The mansion decor is great, each room is so different, and the outdoor garden ceremony site is unmatched in beauty. Plus, everyone at Turner Hill has been super nice and helpful! Definitely go for Turner Hill!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WingaerChic. Show WingaerChic's posts

Hello,

I had my wedding at Turner Hill in July of 2009. It was truly amazing. The Mansion and grounds speak for themselves. Please feel free to email me with any questions that you may have. wingaerchic@gmail.com

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pij1126. Show Pij1126's posts

Carey, I have a few questions for you...How can I get in touch with you?