Unique wedding venues in New England

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonDotCom. Show BostonDotCom's posts

Unique wedding venues in New England

We're searching for alternative and creative wedding venues in New England.

Have you been to a ceremony or reception that knocked your socks off?

Share the location below!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: Unique wedding venues in New England

What do you mean by "alternative?"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

I was married at the New England Aquarium, another bride on here had her wedding at the Museum of Science, and the Milky Way in JP does weddings. It was more popular when you could bowl there, but it's still not the traditional hotel or hall venue.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cat. Show cat's posts

we got married inside Sturbridge Village.  it was after hours and we had the whole grounds to ourselves.  the reception was in bullard tavern and there was a house drawn carriage for our guests to take from the meeting house.  there were lanterns lit along the path when it got dark and lit lanterns hanging on the carriage.

different and rustic. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadelineC. Show MadelineC's posts

I'm getting married at Mount Auburn Cemetery in June of 2012.  The event planning staff are SO nice!  I've booked both chapels: one for the ceremony and one for the reception.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MariahS. Show MariahS's posts

Oh, I love the idea of Mt. Auburn--didn't know you could go there. 

I have heard good things about the Aquarium as well. 

I have a unique wedding planned, but we are still dealing with US Immigration. So I can't have a final date selected, therefore it's not in stone yet. It's a rotten system--you have 90 days to marry once your intended hits the shores here, but you can't even know approximately when that will be. It's hard to approach a venue with vague generalities. I'd have no shot at the BPL, apparently, and many other cool options. 

Thanks for other ideas--if my plan A doesn't work out I'll have to search for some plan Bs. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from amprogress. Show amprogress's posts

Some 40 years ago, I attended a small wedding in the Massachusetts State House, in Doric Hall.  The reception was held at the Parker House, but the marble staircase, the vista from the balcony, the stately historic setting, lent a wonderful atmosphere to the ceremony.  The couple had met while working at the State House, so it was quite meaningful for them.  I wonder if other couples have been married there.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BijousMom. Show BijousMom's posts

Nearly sixty years ago, my aunt and (now late) uncle were married at the Martha Mary Chapel in Sudbury, and held their reception at the Wayside Inn.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from laryan. Show laryan's posts

some ceremony ideas...The Arnold Arboretum...Jamaica Pond..Larz Anderson Park..Pleasure Bay, Castle Island

ceremony & reception venues:  Fenway Park..

reception venue...Phillips old colony house..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from venforknot. Show venforknot's posts

The Skywalk at top of the Pru can be rented for functions and talk about a view!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

In Response to Re: Unique wedding venues in New England:
    Nearly sixty years ago, my aunt and (now late) uncle were married at the Martha Mary Chapel in Sudbury, and held their reception at the Wayside Inn.
    Posted by BijousMom

We were, too, in 2008.  Absolutely a dream come true in every respect.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shalar. Show shalar's posts

Moraine Farm off Cabot Street in Beverly is beautiful. A screened in house with a stone patio on the water. The grounds are lovely with a tent pitched for an outdoor reception.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from amylee33. Show amylee33's posts

I attended a wonderful wedding at Plimoth Plantation.  The ceremony was held in the most beautiful english garden, right on the property.  The reception was held in the Peabody Pavilion that had an absolutely breathtaking view of the river nearby.  The food was so delicious and the staff so accomodating, that I booked my Mother's retirement party and Sister's baby shower for later that year!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

Well, I have to put in my usual plug for "Camp Bournedale" a/k/a Bournedale Function Facility.

In addition to a lovely function hall, you can use the beach and outdoor patios for your ceremony and cocktail hour. 

We had a great bonfire on the beach after the reception, and all our guests stayed overnight in the cabins, finishing the celebration with a breakfast the next morning!

www.capefunctions.com

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LindaO1MrsO1. Show LindaO1MrsO1's posts

Well, I have to put in my usual plug for "Camp Bournedale" a/k/a Bournedale Function Facility. In addition to a lovely function hall, you can use the beach and outdoor patios for your ceremony and cocktail hour.  We had a great bonfire on the beach after the reception, and all our guests stayed overnight in the cabins, finishing the celebration with a breakfast the next morning! www.capefunctions.com
    Posted by cosmogirl

Cosmo, I have been trying to contact you for several weeks/months. Not sure how to give you my personal contact info.  Hope you haven't come to the Saratoga area this year. I have great info about Saratoga.  If you want to go to the track, let me know.  Can probably get you tix.   Let's try to get to get together.
    Linda O/Mrs O

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Emray. Show Emray's posts

I was married at the Peabody Essex Museum in Salem.  Ceremony was in the old East India Room with figure heads from ships lining the walls and our reception in the very modern three story skylighted atrium.  The space is really beautiful. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

In Response to Re: Unique wedding venues in New England : Cosmo, I have been trying to contact you for several weeks/months. Not sure how to give you my personal contact info.  Hope you haven't come to the Saratoga area this year. I have great info about Saratoga.  If you want to go to the track, let me know.  Can probably get you tix.   Let's try to get to get together. Linda O/Mrs O
    Posted by LindaO1MrsO1

Hi, LindaMrsO!  If you have an anonymous email account (I use gmail) that doesn't have any personal information associated with it, you can post that here, and let her email you.  There is NO WAY to privately exchange information on BDC forums since they changed the format.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

Hi LOMO -- No Saratoga for us this year unfortunately but thank you so much for thinking of me!!!  I did get your email on my gmail account and will write back soon!  I am SO bad at keeping up with that account!

Enjoy your trip to the Spah!  I'm jealous  :)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheWorstAdvice. Show TheWorstAdvice's posts

I got married at the Lyman Estate in Waltham, a historic property. Historic New England has several other historic estates as well. The Lyman Estate was beautiful, we didn't have to spend $ on decorations as the house is already decked out with paintings and period wallpaper, the staff was so wonderful, the grounds outside were fantastic and everyone had a great time being able to wander around the various rooms in the house.

I also looked into The Commandant's House next to the USS Constitution in Charlestown, (too big for our party of 80), the Old State House downtown, (too small) and the de Cordova Museum (Fell in love with Lyman before I met with these people).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldjcole. Show pauldjcole's posts

You should try the Coonmesset Inn in Falmouth. I was just there at a wedding and it was beautiful! Great location, and they have a few different options for your wedding. Just a really nice location for a function. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kpwntr. Show kpwntr's posts

My husband and I were married at the Stowehof Inn in Stowe, VT this summer.  Truly spectacular settings, everything is located on site, the food is tremendous, and the staff is simply outstanding. 
    http://www.stowehofinn.com

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pamplemousse. Show pamplemousse's posts

I got married abroad, but had a reception at Indian Ranch in Webster, MA for local friends and family.  It was a pig roast under a large pavilion on the shores of Webster Lake.  Casual and beautiful.  I did a lot of research on alternative venues in the area and there's a ton out there that you'd never think of - the American Institute for Economic Research in Great Barrington, MA; the Decodava Museum in Lexington; Friendly Crossways Retreat Center in Harvard, MA; The Milton Hoosic Club; the Barton Center for Diabetes (North Oxford or Charlton facilities); Fruitlands in Harvard, MA; a lot of the Trustees of the Reservation and Audubon Society's properties are beautiful and can be rented out; so too can most small local vineyards and farms.  The internet has a treasure trove of great ideas if you don't mind spending the time to dig.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LindaOdineca. Show LindaOdineca's posts

We will be getting married at the Naswa Resort on Lake Winnipesaukee.  The perfect blend of casual and beachy!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tibird. Show tibird's posts

We were married at the Shaw's center/Campanelli Stadium, home to the Brockton Rox.  More affordable than Fenway & very fun!  If we had waited until the season started, hubby & I would've thrown out the first pitch of the game :)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ramonab. Show ramonab's posts

My daughter got married last year at the Commander's Mansion iN Watertown.  It was a beautiful venue and the staff are very helpful.

Sections
Shortcuts