Venezia

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KCMDux88. Show KCMDux88's posts

Venezia

Venezia in Dorchester.  Any good?  I can't find many pictures online.  How's it look inside?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: Venezia

Hi, KCM,

I haven't been there, but I found these 18 reviews of the restaurant.  Sounds like people find it to be "outdated."  Someone mentioned senior prom...

GL!

~kar

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

It's in an iffy area, IMHO.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

I went to the bar there once.  I wouldn't say it looks outdated.  I would say if the pricing sounds good to you, check it out in person.  It is in an awkward area, right by the Neponset Bridge and 93 onramp, but once you are at the restaurant, it's near the water with some kind of view of Boston.  (Sorry, can't picture it right now.)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

I went to look to have my wedding there, and I didn't like the location.  It is basically a parking lot and the resturant.  There is now a small grassy area that i think would be okay for photos.  There is a back deck on the water, but in the background there is a huge ugly gas station sign in the way of the skyline view.    
      I do know someone who got married there and had a good experience.  It was just not for me, I was not a fan of the ballroom and lack of ambiance.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jag27. Show jag27's posts

I went to non-wedding function there last year.  It is in a residential area and just looks like a parking lot to a marina, but I was there in the dark, so couldn't see any areas outside where you could do pictures.
    The inside looks nice.  Large foyer area you could do a cocktail hour and I believe there a bridal suite on the second floor.
    The ballroom we were in looked nice - had large windows but since it was at night, I don't know what the view was, but probably Boston Harbor. 
    The food was decent.  They served prime rib and we weren't offered a choice.  I'm not a fan of prime rib, but it was a huge piece and didn't eat very much of it.
    I think overall if you are looking for a venue in Dorchester and just concerned about how it looks inside, then they may be worth checking out.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1239331. Show user_1239331's posts

I had my wedding reception in June 2009 at Venezia. I loved the ballroom (huge family, so we were limited with venues) and the deck for pictures- we had amazing pics taken at sunset, and if you have a good photog, they will position you on the deck to maximize the view/ sunset. The food was excellent- my family still talks about it. The negative stuff: I felt nickel and dimed, and they were not flexible at all with their packages. The coordinator we dealt with left a lot to be desired. You would think that customer service would be top priority- it was not.  There is a $20K minimum for Saturday nights, and that is before tax, gratuity & admin fee. 

Good luck- it was a beautiful reception (we had a blast, and that's all that matters), but interacting with the coordinator was very difficult at times and caused my fiance and I some unnecessary stress.