Venue ideas

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SSBride09. Show SSBride09's posts

Venue ideas

I'm in need of some major help with venue ideas.  We just worked on our guest list and plan to invite a total of 95 people and are expecting about 80 of those guests to make it to the wedding.  We're both from the South Shore (Hingham/Weymouth) so we'd love the location to be nearby, and are considering anywhere between Boston and Cape Cod.

I'm open to something really casual (clambake style) or more formal.  I would LOVE something by the water, but am open to anything.  My main requirement is a beautiful place to have an onsite ceremony.  We're not very religious so we'd like to pick a venue where we can get married as well.

The other major consideration is that we are paying for every dime ourselves and are on a pretty tight budget.  We're hoping to keep the costs for everything (except rings and honeymoon) under $15k. 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnJankun. Show JohnJankun's posts

Re: Venue ideas

BALI HAI - LYNNFIELD, MA

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

With apologies to everyone who has heard my spiel before, check out www.capefunctions.com. The Bournedale Function Facility is in Plymouth, right off Route 3. 

It's on the water (a big pond).  The function hall has outside decks.  You can get married outside, have the cocktail hour outside, etc. if you want.  But you have the nice function hall in case of bad weather.  That was the main criteria for us. 

It's fun, funky, and if you want, you can even have a bonfire after the reception.  There are cabins where your guests can stay overnight and have a breakfast the next morning if you want. 

The staff couldn't have been  nicer. 

It's not for everyone, but if you want something fun and casual, I highly recommend it.  We had about 110 guests and it was perfect. 

Have fun venue-shopping.

If you want to see pictures, you can email me at capecod38 at gmail dot com. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tibird. Show tibird's posts

We were married at the Shaw's Center in Brockton.  It's actually a part of Campanelli Stadium, which was perfect, because we are big baseball fans, but it doesn't have to be played up that way.  There is a very pretty outdoor ceremony site ~ they have a nice floral arch and your backdrop for the ceremony is a solid white fence behind you & lush green grass. (it's not on the field, there is a lawn area!) 
    The function hall is simple but pretty with 1 wall being windows that look out over the lawn.  It can be decorated, but we kept it simple.  After dark, they lit tea lights and set them on the window frames ~ just lovely.  And the building itself is nice with big, clean bathrooms and water fountains as you get to the front doors.
    The reason I'm going into detail is because the website does absolutely no justice to this place!!  I would be happy to share pictures if you'd like so you can get a good idea, but seriously, check it out!
    And the prices (we were on a tight budget as well) were fantastic!  The food & service was great, Donna was awesome!!  We had 120 or so & went with prime rib & open bar.  The total for everything was under your budget.  My goal was 12K & we were pretty close.
    Good luck!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

I am not sure if you are the poster from before asking about the Lightkeeper's Residence in Cohasset so sorry if I am giving you this info twice! My friend got married there and had about 80 ppl as well.  It is right on the water, the pictures could not be better. She had the ceremony at the little park next to the house.  She spent only about 10,000 on the whole wedding so it is a great place to do a wedding on a budget.  You get a caterer and you can bring in your own liquor which saves a ton. You just need the caterer to have a licensed bartender available.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lovetoplan. Show lovetoplan's posts

If you knew you were having no more than 80 people the Inn at Bay Pointe in Quincy is a pretty location that isn't super expensive. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SSBride09. Show SSBride09's posts

All of a sudden our guest list expanded to 130 to invite; probably 110 will come that day.  So we now need to focus on slightly larger venues.  Thanks for the ideas though.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tibird. Show tibird's posts

Oh SS, I feel for you.  The same thing happened to us once a certain FMIL got involved ~ Our fun little wedding turned into a big family event.  But no matter what, it's still going to be a great day!  And you'll find somewhere wonderful!

PS - 110 is still a nice size, perfect for lots of places.  Bourndale & the Shaw's center can still accomodate. Good luck!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

Just a tip - don't count on 20 of the 130 NOT coming.  We invited family from abroad, thinking none would come... sure enough, most of them did!  It was awesome, we had plenty of room, so it wasn't a big drama; just something to be mindful of.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

We were also surprised by some who accepted and who declined their invitations to our wedding.  We thought we had it figured out, too!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tara0313. Show tara0313's posts

I am having my wedding at the Tirrell Room in Quincy. It is  part of the Quincy Elks. They just did it over and its soo beautiful. I am having a larger wedding (300 p) and so far it has been very reasonable.

Sections
Shortcuts