Venues in central mass and rhode island

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from meg2011. Show meg2011's posts

Venues in central mass and rhode island

Hi all....I just got engaged a couple weeks ago! We are planning on getting married next November. I have a few places I'am interested in. The first is the Providence Biltmore Hotel. Second: Charter Oaks golf course in Hudson, Ma. Third: Wedgewood Pines Country Club in Stow, Ma. Looking to see if anyone has any knowledge or reviews of these places. I am also open to ideas for venues that can accommodate up to 150 people and affordable.
    Thanks,
    Meg

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from VanHassle. Show VanHassle's posts

Re: Venues in central mass and rhode island

My sister is getting married at Charter Oak, and I looked there as well.  It is beautiful.   They offer a number of different packages. I found the prices there to be very reasonable for that class of venue.  I believe it is a 130 person minimum.   I know other people who have gone to weddings there and they told us the service and food was outstanding.

I also looked at the Biltmore.  Also a beautiful venue.   The one thing that threw us off is the minimum (and we looked almsot two years ago so this could have changed).  At the time it was a $15,000 FOOD minimum.   so, alcohol wasn't counted toward it.   We would have needed a ridiculous amount of food to come close to the minimum.  But that could have changed since we looked.   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Have you checked out the other recent threads on Worcester area venues?

Congrats!!!  Hope to see you around a lot in the next year.  It'll be a fun and nutty time!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mo41083. Show Mo41083's posts

Hi Meg,
    I got married in October 2009 at Butternut Farm Golf Club in Stow which is really close to Wedgewood Pines.  We had an amazing time with Butternut (the review is on here somewhere) and I was very, very happy with the choice. I also really liked Wedgewood, but Butternut won out because of the super high ceiling in the ballroom.  DH is Jewish and I was afraid that we would hit the ceiling in Wedgewood when they put us up on the chairs. There are some pictures up on our photographer's website that show off the venue nicely: http://www.sierrakphotography.com/index2.php?v=v1#/gallery1/5/

Be careful if you're at work! There's sound on the website!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, I hated the ones with sound!  BUSTED!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from goldevents. Show goldevents's posts

Providence has great venues such as Marriot, Westin, Squantum Club, and a long list of more intimate and unique venues.
    Bonnie Gold
    http://goldeventplanner.com

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from meg2011. Show meg2011's posts

Thanks everyone for your responses! :) I have two appointments scheduled so far....I can't wait to start viewing these places.

Sections
Shortcuts