Venues near the ocean?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from easydoesit2. Show easydoesit2's posts

Re: Venues near the ocean?

There are a couple of function halls in Nahant if that's anywhere near you.  I don't know their rates, but the couple of weddings I have attended there have been lovely, and the hosts were not wealthy people.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from italianqueen. Show italianqueen's posts

Cruiseport Gloucester....beautiful. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I was sure I'd posted a second of easydoesit's suggestion...did it get reported?  All I said was that over the years people have reviewed Nahant weddings very favorably, and they all mentioned how surprisingly inexpensive they were.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

How many guests, what's your budget?  No sense telling you about places that are too small, too big, or too expensive!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerbride09. Show summerbride09's posts

I had my wedding at the Oceanview in Nahant. I also looked at many other venues on or near the water in Rockport, Salem, and Gloucester. Gloucester is more $- the cruiseport is lovely but is in the middle of the fishing village downtown, not near the scenic overlooks on the coast.

We went with the Oceanview in Nahant. Very reasonably priced and included many options- food, cocktail hour, cake, even centerpieces if you want. I believe they also have specials for off-season dates. Everyone there is incredibly helpful and informative. Our guests loved our wedding and the day turned out perfectly- you can really tell that this is their specialty. Another bonus is that they only hold one wedding/reception at a time, so the entire venue is yours with no random guests popping in. I absolutely recommend checking it out and sitting down to talk with Al, he's the best!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

I got married at the Museum of Science, washburn pavilion.  I know it is not the ocean, but it is right on the charles and was beautiful.  I too wanted an ocean wedding, but could not find the right place unless we traveled to the North Shore, RI, or down to the cape and didn't want to deal with cape traffic.  Anyways, we compromised and had an outdoor wedding with a water and city view and I was happy with it. Good luck in your search. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ltown1. Show Ltown1's posts

Thank you all.

I'm not sure what size we're looking at.   We're eloping and just want to hold a reception when we get back.   I suppose the price will determine how many we invite.

That said, at least 150.   Hopefully more if we can do it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from easydoesit2. Show easydoesit2's posts

In Response to Re: Venues near the ocean?:
    Thank you all. I'm not sure what size we're looking at.   We're eloping and just want to hold a reception when we get back.   I suppose the price will determine how many we invite. That said, at least 150.   Hopefully more if we can do it.
    Posted by Ltown1

Best of luck and a lifetime of happiness to you both, regardless of where the party is!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

Well, you need a guest list and a budget before you can start picking a venue.....

The good news is, the rates will be much cheaper if it's a party and not a wedding reception.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonslp. Show bostonslp's posts

the Emerson Inn in Gloucester is beautiful! They have a huge wrap around porch that faces the ocean. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerbride09. Show summerbride09's posts

The Emerson Inn is in Rockport. I checked it out too, and while it has an absolutely amazing view and grounds, the inside rooms are very, very tight, and receptions are split between 2-3 rooms. There is also no dance floor, and there were some weird rules regarding alchohol if I recall.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonslp. Show bostonslp's posts

oh, that's right - rockport. 
    We checked it out too and the dance floor is actually in it's own room, which I didn't really love.  And there were some rules about ending the night early.  But the view is amazing IMO.  Also, for a party and not a full wedding, it might work. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mezzogal1124. Show mezzogal1124's posts

If you're willing to consider the Cape, the Wequassett Inn in Chatham is gorgeous and right on the ocean.  My friends got married there last summer and it was, honestly, one of the most beautiful locations for a wedding I'd ever seen.  It is pricey (don't know how much), but for a "party" and not a wedding, it might not be too bad.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

The Wequassett Inn is about $250/person minimum.  But the Coonamesset Inn in Falmouth always gets rave reviews.  East Bay Grille in Plymouth is gorgeous.

There's also Venezia in Boston. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrssamiam. Show mrssamiam's posts

If you can head north a little, consider the Dockside in York Harbor, ME
    http://www.docksidegq.com/weddings.htm

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Misselwood (part of Endicott College) in Beverly is beautiful.  My good friend had her wedding there a year and a half ago.  I have no idea of the costs...

http://www.endicott.edu/servlet/RetrievePage?site=endicott&page=EveConWed

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Misselwood and Tupper Manor are expensive (at least to me), but I absolutely loved the look of both when we were researching.  Misselwood is in a tent and Tupper Manor is in... a manor, I suppose.  They both have rental fees.  We never looked in person because I figured other places would pale in comparison :o)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LindaO1MrsO1. Show LindaO1MrsO1's posts

In Response to Re: Venues near the ocean?:
    Misselwood and Tupper Manor are expensive (at least to me), but I absolutely loved the look of both when we were researching.  Misselwood is in a tent and Tupper Manor is in... a manor, I suppose.  They both have rental fees.  We never looked in person because I figured other places would pale in comparison :o)
    Posted by framerican51008

My apologies to the persons who have been commenting on this blog for some period of time.  And, have seen these comments previously.
    Aah, Misselwood and Tupper Manor once again.  To the OP, you might try to access previous posts on these venues.  My son graduated from Endicott so I have been to both venues. Tupper is a beautiful setting.  It has a great entrance hall, the main room, and two other rooms off the main room.  One is the Billard room, where I would think most of the men at the wedding would want to "hang out".
    Misselwood is a very, very beautiful setting in a tent overlooking Marblehead Bay.  But, there is only a small seawall (about two feet)  between Marblehead Bay and the Misselwood grounds.  The setting would be absolutely gorgeous on a wonderful warm day, sun shining, calm ocean.  However, we live in the Northeast.  The day of my son's graduation, there was a Nor'easter - complete with snow, sleet, hail, etc. 
    That type of weather could also prevail on your Wedding Day.  I cannot imagine what it would be like to be on the Misselwood lawn and under a tent on such a day.  Also, my understanding is that for any "facilities/bathrooms", one needs to go out of the tent to access them. Great on a sunny day.  A rainy day?
    There also have been posts on DJ's losing their power when they were at Misselwood during inclement weather.
    Finally, since Misselwood is part of Endicott, Endicott at one time had a strange Bar policy.  You might want to also check that out.
    I do think that Tupper/Misselwood would be expensive.  I don't know who their  current food service company is now.  You should definitely check that out.

Just thought this might give you some points to think over.