venues with a view

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from malpha. Show malpha's posts

venues with a view

Hi, I was venturing out of Boston to Mount Washington....but am worried about my boston guests having to stay a 2 night minimum.   What we are looking for is something with a lovely view and possibly an outdoor wedding.  Im sure this is what everyone want.  But...I need some suggestions.

Ive looked into state room.  I can't make that minimum.  We will have about 75-100 guests and really want to stay under 20,000. Any ideas???  Im leaning towards the musuem right now.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEM81. Show GEM81's posts

Re: venues with a view

Check out the Hyatt Harborside, I know they have an outdoor tent option and the skyline ballroom is also gorgeous. If you're not completely sold on an outdoor wedding, I'd also check out the Downtown Harvard Club and MIT Faculty Club. Both have great views (especially the DHC) and I found them to be much more affordable than the State Room and some of the pricier hotels.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

NEAQ also has an outdoor tent option where you rent their pier. It's $2,000 for the space rental, and there's a $60pp food and beverage minimum.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from becauseican. Show becauseican's posts

I checked out Harborside - the view is phenomenal but I wasn't too crazy about the room, it looked a little dated and the tent doesnt have AC (August wedding). BUT if you can get past that, you can have cocktail hour outside for however long you want and its GORGEOUS! They have lanterns on the tables, fire pits and candles with a nice bar setup. You can DEF DEF DEF get it for under 20k, they are doing a crazy special if you book in '09 - 15% off your package and rooms are deeply discounted plus free parking for guests.  I ended up going with Seaport Hotel! I started with State Room too but it was a rip off, they were going to charge me $200 for a coat room IN AUGUST and charge me for the bridal suite too. So I put my foot down. I have 100 guests, the minimum was 25k and admin & tax fees brought it up to $32k. It was a lot for only 100 guests in my opinion plus everyone would be in one room all night. Seaport Hotel has an outdoor garden for cocktail hour, views of the city and water but the room itself sold me, its perfect and the minimum is right in my budget and includes EVERYTHING! Plus Nicole the planner sealed the deal, she is everything a wedding planner should be - shes the best!  We wanted Newport originally but logistics and the 2 night minimum for rooms killed it for us but I'm super happy how it worked out.  Hope this helped!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from malpha. Show malpha's posts

I looked at the seaport too.  I am also considering that.  I just am waiting on her to send me the minimums.  also wht the deposit is.  thanks for all your help.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WMegs5. Show WMegs5's posts

[QUOTE]I looked at the seaport too.  I am also considering that.  I just am waiting on her to send me the minimums.  also wht the deposit is.  thanks for all your help.
    Posted by malpha[/QUOTE]

The Seaport minimum for the main ballroom is $40,000.  At least that's the quote I got for June 2010.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bride2010. Show bride2010's posts

I am getting married at the seaport July 2010 in the lighthouse room.  I didn't want a standard hotel ballroom and am excited about all the windows and the view!!!  I am working with Diane and she has been great....let me know if you have any questions.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from becauseican. Show becauseican's posts

Same here - we booked the Lighthouse room as well.  The lighting is fantastic. The ballroom was far too large for us and it reminded me of prom venues back in the day!  I wanted something more intimate and this is perfect.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

I had my wedding at Bournedale Function Facility in Plymouth MA.  It's on Great Herring Pond.  The function building had outdoor decks and windows all around looking out.  You can have the ceremony outside on the beach or lawn, and the cocktail hour, too, but you have a great back-up in case the weather doesn't cooperate.  This happened to us and we ended up having the ceremony inside but it was wonderful.

There are many hotels in the Plymouth area, but they do have minimums during the season.  As an alternative, your guests can stay overnight in the cabins at Bournedale (it's a summer camp during July and August).  We did this and it was a TOTAL hit.  We had a bonfire after the ceremony and breakfast the next morning with everyone who stayed over.

It's totally NOT the State Room but it's fun, friendly, beautiful, the staff and the food were fantastic, and people are still raving about the "best wedding they ever went to" 2 years later.

Check out www.capefunctions.com. You can email me at capecod38@gmail.com if you want more information or to see pictures.  We had a fabulous wedding for 100+ people, open bar, stations dinner, etc.  Can't say enough about how much we loved Bournedale. 

Sections
Shortcuts