Villa - Ridder Country Club

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

Re: Villa - Ridder Country Club

Where is it?  Has it's name changed from something else?  I've never heard of it....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lovetoplan. Show lovetoplan's posts

Ridder Country Club is in East Bridgewater.  They've been there for ages.  I don't know if they recently hired a new company to oversee the functions there or what.  At one time they were linked with South Shore Country Club (used the same catering, coordinating, etc) but I thought that someone on the boards was related to the family that owned it and had commented about a change a year or so ago.  I'm curious to know if they've updated the ballrooms or changed them (they used to be sort of a 'funky' setup) I know that they did add a tent for outdoor receptions.  Lily61, good luck getting your responses. 

My friend had her wedding there a LONG time ago (1997) and was fairly happy with them.  Her only complaint was that she found out ahead of time that the larger ballroom wasn't rented for the night of her wedding and she asked if she could move from the smaller venue to the larger one since it would be empty and was told no.  To me, it seems like a small thing, especially since the room remained empty the entire night, but for some reason the company wouldn't do it. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYEBride2010. Show NYEBride2010's posts

I'm going to a wedding there, but not until April.  I've heard they are good.  They own Saphire Estates in Sharon/Canton also.  My friend thats getting married in April has 175 on her guest list and said her food was going to be around $14k, I'm doing mine at Indian Pond next Dec and my foods around $10k with only 110 estimated...so I think pricing is reasonable.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mariya01. Show mariya01's posts

I went to a wedding there last summer. The place was really nice, but the couple got their catering from somewhere else. They had the ceremony outside, which was beautiful, then cocktail hour in one area and the reception in another more private room. I really enjoyed it!