Waltham Area Venues

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

Re: Waltham Area Venues

If you want a function hall, check out the Sons of Italy (newly redecorated), the American Legion, or the Lexington Elks (very nice).

I had looked into the Wave (at the Waverly Oaks Athletic Club) for a bday party; their prices were very reasonable and they have a private room with pool tables.  Our budget didn't permit it in the end, but it would have been my first choice. 

If you need more ideas, let me know...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rysmom. Show rysmom's posts

Thanks Cosmo!  Is the Sons of Italy in Waltham or are you talking about the one near Russo's in Watertown?  I had checked out the Wave also (online).  I think it would be hard to get the guest of honor there.  It's a 60th b-day party and that isn't really a place she would have any reason to go to.  I am also looking into the Skellig.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkandpearls. Show pinkandpearls's posts

I'd recommend Skelligs...I've been to work parties there before and they are great with food and drinks- very flexible to work with.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

I meant the one in Waltham but I've been to the one in Watertown near Russo's, too, and it's very nice.

As to getting the guest of honor to any venue you choose, this is what my friend did for her DH's 50th....she made up a fake invite to their friends' anniversary party, so DH didn't think a thing of it when they had to go to a strange function hall.  (And to be honest, if it was my birthday, I'd want a bit of a hint so I would look good...but I don't love surprises!)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

P.S.  Are you the "old" Ryansmom and you're missing some letters?  If so, welcome back, old friend!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rysmom. Show rysmom's posts

Yes I am!  When they switched to the new format I had to change it.  We might end up telling her.  It's hard to pull the wool over her eyes.  Thanks for the info.  I didn't realize that there was a Sons of Italy in Waltham.  I have only been to the one in Watertown.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

It's so nice to see an old friend here!   Yes, the Sons in Waltham is right off of High Street, in back of where Mass. Hardware used to be (if you go back that far). 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rysmom. Show rysmom's posts

Just wanted to mention that we are going with The Skellig.  At $15pp plus tax and 18% gratuity we can't beat it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Check out the Chateau on School St. They have function rooms downstairs and their food is awesome.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Oops, you already booked something...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rysmom. Show rysmom's posts

Thanks anyway Peonie.  We have been going to the Chateau for our entire lives.  We wanted something different this time around.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Rysmom - I"d love to hear your review of the Skellig after the party.  AFter reading your post, I'm considering throwing my DH's 40th bday party there... Thanks!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rysmom. Show rysmom's posts

Poppy - I'll let you know.  So far they have been very easy to work with and very flexible.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rysmom. Show rysmom's posts

Poppy - The party was a great success!  We had a fabulous time.  The food was excellent and the staff was great to work with.  I think we got a great bang for our buck too (just over $18pp including tax and gratuity).  I would highly recommend it for a casual party.  If you have any specific questions I'd be glad to answer.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nantucket4life. Show nantucket4life's posts

Codmans Estate in Lincoln isnt too far and might be nice!

Sections
Shortcuts