Wayside Inn

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Wayside Inn

We got married there last Novemeber, and it was a dream come true in EVERY sense! We had the horse and carriage, used the Martha-Mary Chapel, and the Inn was absolutely wonderful from the ambiance, to the service, to the food, and, especially, the wedding coodinator, Sandy Brown. More soon. I'll post some photos.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Wayside Inn

Horse and carriage upon arrival to the Inn.

DK110908_043.jpg picture by kargiver

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Wayside Inn

With the very helpful doorman - he was not just for show!

DK110908_046-1.jpg picture by kargiver

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Wayside Inn

Small dining area in front of Inn (not for wedding use).

DK110908_044.jpg picture by kargiver

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laura12. Show Laura12's posts

Wayside Inn

Does anyone have any experience/input? I toured the Wayside Inn today and loved it! I have been having a hard time finding a venue, due to budget but also because I didn't really know what I wanted.

I loved it and the idea of the historic building before I walked in! My biggest concern is the dance floor seems like it would be kind of tight.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Wayside Inn

Questions? I'll be glad to answer any you may have instead of randomly guessing what you may be interested in. My thumb isn't at its best yet.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Wayside Inn

Just married, walking out of the Martha-Mary Chapel. Note that pictures are not always allowed in the chapel.

DK110908_083_2.jpg picture by kargiver

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Wayside Inn

Buttoning up in the room we reserved for the girls to get ready at the Inn.

DK110908_027.jpg picture by kargiver

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CityGirl07. Show CityGirl07's posts

Wayside Inn

How many people are you planning on? I went to a wedding there recently and it was nice...it was very small. The dance floor was a little tight but not bad. It also felt a little closed in, the ceilings are low and it's dark. But, overall it was very pretty.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Wayside Inn

helphelp, that's a great comment. I got married in Nov. and went to a wedding there in March so they were both inside. I think that comment should be brought to the attention of Sandy Brown, the function/wedding coordinator at the Inn. The contact info is on their site, www.wayside.org, but if you don't want to, I'd be glad to let Sandy know there's a problem with that.

Laura, that's another thing - they really cared about us and our wedding, and they do 2 weddings a day on the weekends (they know what they are doing!) They wanted us and our guests to be perfectly taken care of, and they would do everything possible to improve the outside bathroom situation.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Wayside Inn

The dance floor is small, but adequte for our 80 person, rather subdued wedding. We had 10 tables (5 down each side) and a sweetheart table in the back center in front of the fireplace. I think the wedding we went to before we got married there had about 100 people in the same room. It was big enough for them, too. I didn't feel cramped by the low ceilings, nor did my DH who is a foot taller than me. It is historic, and that's how the buildings were built then. It was dark, but it added to the general historic ambiance as far as we were concerned, and you could certainly see your dinner and everything. Your photographer should be used to that venue. If I had it to do all over again, I'd have gone with a photographer recommended by the Inn.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from helphelpImbeingrepressed. Show helphelpImbeingrepressed's posts

Wayside Inn

I went to a wedding there over the summer and thought it was fabulous. The ceremony was at the chapel and the reception was outside under a tent. The food was good, I don't recall a bug problem and everything looked really pretty.

My only complaint was that the bathrooms were a porta-potty trailer that was fairly inaccessible for the cripple set. There was a wheelchair user and someone with a quad cane (in addition to me and my cane) in attendance, so maybe there were backup bathrooms that were more accessible that I didn't know about.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nbsbride1109. Show nbsbride1109's posts

Wayside Inn

We toured the Wayside Inn and the grounds, chapel and inside the main area were absolutely beautiful. We also ate in the restaurant downstairs and the food was delicious. My only problem with it was that the space was not ours alone, we could use the dining room by ourselves for the reception space, but the bathrooms, entrance and hallways were all shared with other people who were there for dinner. To me it was a problem not to have the space to ourselves, but to other people it's probably not a big deal, I just wanted to point it out. But the entire place had this wonderful New England charm and if it weren't for the fact that we were looking for a place we could have all to ourselves, this might have been our wedding spot.

I do know someone who was married there and they had about 100 people, maybe a few more, and they did mention the dance floor space was a bit tight, but nothing to complain about.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Wayside Inn

hello? did I photobucket all these pics for nothing?!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Wayside Inn

[Quote]hello? did I photobucket all these pics for nothing?![/Quote]

No way, I enjoyed looking at them - thanks for posting, even if our OP is MIA :-)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nbsbride1109. Show nbsbride1109's posts

Wayside Inn

Not at all! That is really nice actually, to have the attention and I think it's great that you guys had such a wonderful day. And the idea of a horse and carriage, the old New England feel to the place and a chapel to be married in make it a storybook location - I can see why you would feel like a princess! Thats why I pointed out it was just our opinion and I just wanted to throw in my two cents. When checking into our venue on these boards there were comments about things other brides didn't like about it, but we felt like it was right for us,so it's all just a person's opinion.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Wayside Inn

Thanks, ams, that was nice of you to say. :) You know what a pain it is to photobucket and resize everything so it doesn't push the post over, etc. I'm glad you liked them!

The OP didn't give us much of a chance to get to her post...oh, well. Did she see what kept me from responding?! Not much better excuse than that, I'd say!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Wayside Inn

Cool - I just couldn't help how much fun it all was!

Did we lose Laura12? I notice she posted a few days before the first response. Are you still there, Laura?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Wayside Inn

nsb, yes, that's true - it is a working inn and popular restaurant, and there are always people around, but we found that the private nature of the dining room was enough for us to not feel weird about "sharing."

While I was waiting downstairs at the Inn for the horse and carriage to take me and my MOH up to the chapel (we had gotten ready upstairs), frankly, I enjoyed the attention of being the bride that all the inn guests and restaurant patrons were running out to the lobby to talk to. Truly, everyone was so nice, and it was a lot of fun. And, after we were married, I think DH enjoyed it as much as I did to have patrons of the inn sincerely congratulate us, but I'm sure he wouldn't admit it. :) It was like we stepped back in time in every sense.

Once our reception was underway, it was a private (no one wandered in), and, if I had to go to the restroom it was all the more chance to enjoy the attention. I felt like an honest to goodness princess!

Am I a horrible person?!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Wayside Inn

Thanks, Heather! I really just tried to choose pictures that showed the Inn, but I was in them all so there ya go. :)

Where's Laura? I hope she didn't give up on the thread - I cut myself and wasn't able to type much before today...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LLLCK. Show LLLCK's posts

Wayside Inn

We looked at Wayside and the Mary Martha Chapel and just loved the historic feel but decided against it because they seemed to have too many restrictions (no photos in Chapel, no flowers on pews, minimal supplemental lighting allowed brighten up the place just to name just a few). This combined with the small space, lack of privacy and negative reaction from several vendors we contacted about woking with us here made us decide against it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from heatherv1211. Show heatherv1211's posts

Wayside Inn

Kargiver - you look beautiful in your pics!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Re: Wayside Inn

In Response to Wayside Inn:
    Thanks, ams, that was nice of you to say. :) You know what a pain it is to photobucket and resize everything so it doesn't push the post over, etc. I'm glad you liked them! The OP didn't give us much of a chance to get to her post...oh, well. Did she see what kept me from responding?! Not much better excuse than that, I'd say!
    Posted by kargiver

Kar, so beautiful! I am so happy that I can't sleep right now and found this :)

I can just imagine the smell of a crackling fire at your reception...so romantic!
    My brother got married in the Martha Mary Chapel in 2004 :)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: Wayside Inn

In Response to Re: Wayside Inn:
    In Response to Wayside Inn : Kar, so beautiful! I am so happy that I can't sleep right now and found this :) I can just imagine the smell of a crackling fire at your reception...so romantic! My brother got married in the Martha Mary Chapel in 2004 :)
    Posted by Sept2010Bride

Thanks, Liz; I think we were the only ones around yesterday!  Hope you settled down and got some rest. 

Yeah, it was like a princess story (I can't say "fa*ry tale"?).  I wonder what happened to Laura, our OP???

Sections
Shortcuts