Wayside Inn

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Wayside Inn

I went to a wedding there last night and it was BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! I wish I had known about it before I booked my reception!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Re: Wayside Inn

I love that place! Sept, do you know how many people it accomodates?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Peonie,

I don't really know. The wedding I went to yesterday (1 of 9 this summer!) was for a couple who are older (he is 52 and she is 45), so it was small, around 50 people I would say? It was my Uncles wedding. Anyway, I would ask Kargiver, she had her wedding there last November :) But my brother got married in the Martha Mary Chapel which is part of it, and it is so cute!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

That's where we got married, and there is a whole thread on it here somewhere after November of last year.  Photos and everything!  We couldn't have been happier with EVERYTHING there.

I think the main dining room seats about 150, but I can't recall since we only had 80 so I didn't need to care about the max.  Check out their website, www.wayside.org.

It's a non-profit so it's a reasonable place to have it, too.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Here is that Wayside thread with the info and photos.

They have a fabulous wedding information package you can request from their site.  It has all a LOT of decision-making information in there.  The wedding coordinator, Sandy Brown, is fabulous, too, very happy to answer questions on the phone.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Kar, it was so charming, and the food.....Oh. My. God. The food was A-Mazing! They had a chicken dish that was so unbelievable! FI and I might go there for a weekend get-a-way in the fall!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

In Response to Re: Wayside Inn:
    Kar, it was so charming, and the food.....Oh. My. God. The food was A-Mazing! They had a chicken dish that was so unbelievable! FI and I might go there for a weekend get-a-way in the fall!!
    Posted by Sept2010Bride

Liz, was it cranberry stuffed?  That's what our friends had when they got married there the year before us (their wedding is how we knew we wanted it there). We had filet mignon (to die for!) and turkey dinner (for November).  

You know they have weekend specials, right?  I think they include dinner, breakfast, and an overnight stay. Not sure when they offer it, but I remember seeing signs for it when we were getting married so it's a Fall thing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

In Response to Re: Wayside Inn : Liz, was it cranberry stuffed?  That's what our friends had when they got married there the year before us (their wedding is how we knew we wanted it there). We had filet mignon (to die for!) and turkey dinner (for November).   You know they have weekend specials, right?  I think they include dinner, breakfast, and an overnight stay. Not sure when they offer it, but I remember seeing signs for it when we were getting married so it's a Fall thing.
    Posted by kargiver

No, it was like a rotisserie chicken; a breast. So good. It was a small wedding, only from 5-9, no dancing, just dinner. And everyone had the chicken, with these amazing garlic mashed potatoes and yummy green beans! Delish :)

My birthday is the last weekend in October, so I think FI is going to bring me there for the night, and we will go pumpkin picking at a farm thats near there!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Kar, those pictures are beautiful! Looks like you had a gorgeous fall wedding! That has always been my dream! Thank you for sharing Smile

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Kar, those pictures are beautiful! Looks like you had a gorgeous fall wedding! That has always been my dream! Thank you for sharing
    Posted by Peonie

Thank you! :)  It was a faairy tale experience in every sense, especially the handsome prince!

P.S.  I can't spell the word before "tale" correctly; apparently BDC thinks I'm using a slur.  Sigh.

Sections
Shortcuts