Wedding Venue Craziness!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tessy1285. Show Tessy1285's posts

Wedding Venue Craziness!

I'm looking for a ceremony and reception venue for a September 2011 wedding. I'm looking to have around 200 guests and have the location of the wedding be south shore/southeastern, MA. We've looked at a ton of venues and I feel like the only ones I really like are just too expensive for the size - Any suggestions on places I should be considering that might be a good fit??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Re: Wedding Venue Craziness!

Hi Tessy, We had our wedding at Brookmeadow Country Club in Canton, MA. 

They had a selection of caterers, Lafayette House being the most affordable.  Compared to other venues that we had seen in the same price range, Brookmeadow was incredible!  It had that high ceiling ballroom feel that we didn't see at other places.  If it looks good, let me know if you have any questions.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I believe Lombardo's in Randolph is decently priced...

http://www.lombardos.com/

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from juleen. Show juleen's posts

I second Brookmeadow CC in Canton idea!  My wedding is coming up on June 27th and I am really pleased with them so far.  Brookmeadow is a hidden gem.  They only host 1 wedding per day which is not very common.  They also work with Domenic and Anthony catering and I am very impressed with them so far.  Can't wait for the big day!!!  I will followup with a review post.

Second choice is the Tirrell Room in Quincy.  Very nice but also very busy...tough to get a date.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdd01. Show jdd01's posts

We're having our ceremony and reception at The Villa at Ridder Country Club in East Bridgewater, MA.  They just spent over $1mil remolding the whole venue last year so its a gorgeous space.  We are getting married this September on Labor Day weekend.  They didn't give us a minimum and once we estimated what we were going to spend they said they could agree to that price.  It's worth at least checking out.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaBabe3. Show GinaBabe3's posts

Tessy,
        Do you mind me asking what your food budget is?  Or the price per plate you are looking to stay within?

Thanks!

Gina

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tibird. Show tibird's posts

Lombardo's is great for a large wedding.  I loved thier room, but we were hoping for a smaller group.  Prices were decent too, with an all-included package.
    We went with the Shaw's Center in Brockton.  It's part of Campanelli Stadium, but it is very nice on the inside.  We played up the baseball, since that was what drew us there, but they have a beautiful lawn, floor to ceiling windows overlooking it, and great service/prices.  The website is not great, but call & talk to Donna if you're interested. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Woo hoo hi juleen :o)  Let me know if you have any questions about Brookmeadow.

Couple of RANDOM thoughts:
    If you're having your ceremony there, apparently they start the rental time after the ceremony, which is awesome... But I had asked Ginger if paying for the ceremony got me extra time and she said no, so I just wanted to spread that good news.
    My ONLY complaint about the entire night is that I thought the lights were slightly too bright for much of the night.  The dance floor was still bumpin', but it just didn't seem right to me!  That was literally the only feedback I had for Ginger afterwards.  It was a great experience.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

Hi, Tessy....

What is your budget?   You never want to see a venue that you can't afford. 

You might have a total wedding budget in mind - $10,000, $25,000, $50,000 or (better yet) you know just what you can spend on the venue - including rental/usage/ceremony fee and appetizers/dinner/alcohol. 

Let us know what you're thinking and we can better point you in the right direction....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

P.S.  By the way, how flexible is that guest list?  That's the very easiest way to lower your costs, is to lower the number of guests.....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Where did she go?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tessy1285. Show Tessy1285's posts

In Response to Re: Wedding Venue Craziness!:
    Hi Everyone!

Thanks for all your thoughtful replies....budget is $25k and we both come from huge families and have been trying to cut down the list like crazy - 200 people is cut down (if you can believe it from 270 which was the orignal one).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

A friend is having her reception at Jones River Trading in Kingston and I've heard good things (from her and others).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Believe it or not, private country clubs are very affordable, however you need to know someone in order to have your reception there. My budget for reception is $25k, as well, and we are having it at a private CC, and we are having about 180, and it is costing about $24k, and that includes open bar.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

Check out friargirl's review of her wedding at Jones River.  Sounds awesome and fun!