Western MA Venue

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SSBride09. Show SSBride09's posts

Western MA Venue

My friend just got engaged and since I miss planning so much (can't believe its already been 4 months since my own wedding) I'd love to help her out with venue scouting.  She's hoping for a May 2012 wedding in Western MA since her family is from MA and his is from NY.  They haven't made their guest list yet but probably under 150. 

Any ideas for a beautiful but reasonable venue?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ilovebeagles. Show ilovebeagles's posts

Re: Western MA Venue

Zukas Hilltop Barn is in Sturbridge! 
    http://zukas.com/
    (technically Spencer, but its right next door!) We ended up there because my family's from Boston, DH's is from CT. So we met in the middle there.

Saturday is a 150 minimum, but Friday and Sunday have no minimums. 
    We loved it, nothing but rave reviews. The pics speak 1000 words though!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SSBride09. Show SSBride09's posts

Looks gorgeous from the pictures!  I'll definitely have to recommend it to her.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ilovebeagles. Show ilovebeagles's posts

if she wants more details, feel free to let me know, i will do a detailed run down

also - i think the 150 minimum is only the spring/summer tent weddings for a saturday

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kel96. Show kel96's posts

I grew up in Western Mass and was married there as well.  There are a ton of places I can recommend including:

The Log Cabin
    The Delaney House
    Sheraton Springfield
    Springfield Marriott
    The Yankee Pedlar
    Storrowton Village and Tavern

I had my wedding at Storrowton Village and my reception at the Sheraton Hotel in Springfield.  I've attended weddings at all the others listed.  Please let me know if I can answer any questions. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SSBride09. Show SSBride09's posts

Thanks kel for the list!  We'll have to check these out.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from laryan. Show laryan's posts

In Response to Re: Western MA Venue:
    [QUOTE]I grew up in Western Mass and was married there as well.  There are a ton of places I can recommend including: The Log Cabin The Delaney House Sheraton Springfield Springfield Marriott The Yankee Pedlar Storrowton Village and Tavern I had my wedding at Storrowton Village and my reception at the Sheraton Hotel in Springfield.  I've attended weddings at all the others listed.  Please let me know if I can answer any questions. 
    Posted by kel96[/QUOTE]

There's also a house type reception venue in Tyringham...I can't for the life of me think of it...a former co worker has booked it for her august 11 wedding..it looks like its a really cute place that just might be alot of fun for a wedding reception...she's having a "snow white" theme..which is different and unique to me..(is a lover of *different & unique*)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenrubin. Show chickenrubin's posts

I just had the perfect wedding at the Hotel Northampton- they hold max 135-