Western MA - walk from reception?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MScGirl. Show MScGirl's posts

Western MA - walk from reception?

Long-time lurker, (very) occasional poster here. My fiance's family is from NJ/NY and mine is from the Boston area, so we're trying to split the difference and have the wedding in centra/western MA. We're looking at ~130 guests, and I'd like for the guests to be able to walk from the reception to their rooms afterward. So the reception needs to be in proximity to at least 60 rooms.

Some other details: My family doesn't have much money, so any rooms have to be reasonably priced. Our total budget (EVERYTHING) is $25,000. Finally, I don't like a lot of hotel reception areas - no offense to anyone, but so many of them feel like conference rooms. Finally, NO TENTS (looking at early spring or late fall).

I really like the Publick House in Sturbridge - any other ideas? Finally, if you know of other reliable sources of info about central/western Ma weddings, please let me know. I'm trying to plan this long-distance, which makes everything soo much more stressful.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Re: Western MA - walk from reception?

A friend of mine had her wedding at the Delaney House in Western, MA.  It is right next door to a hotel.
    The owners also run a place called the Log Cabin, but I don't know anything about it.

http://www.logcabin-delaney.com/

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

I know that the Delaney House is a HUGE fave of Western Mass. brides.  I've eaten at the Log Cabin and it was wonderful! 

P.S.  Your name rings a bell from awhile back, me thinks. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from June09. Show June09's posts

The Delaney House and Log Cabin are the 2 most popular places in the Western Mass area, but they can be expensive. It doesn't hurt to look though. I can't think of many reception places where you can walk to a hotel without it being in the hotel itself. The Hotel Northampton is nice (http://www.hotelnorthampton.com). I got married (ceremony and reception) this past spring at Look Park (http://www.lookpark.org). My entire wedding cost around the same as your budget. You can't walk to a hotel, but maybe you could hire a shuttle bus or something? (I didn't have a bus, but I probably could have if I had chosen a cheaper photographer) There are hotels close by. Here are some pics of the inside of the Garden House at Look Park...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

June, that room is beautiful! :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from June09. Show June09's posts

Thanks! It's such a nice space and the park was great for photos...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MScGirl. Show MScGirl's posts

Thanks for the ideas, ladies. The pictures look beautiful.

Cosmogirl, I got mixed up in some of the long "keep all your wedding gifts even if you have no use for them" kerfuffles ages ago. Long before I got engaged...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dani273. Show Dani273's posts

I have to agree with you on the Publik House. I was just online at their website tonight looking for some weekend getaway deals. i have been to 2 weddings there over the last 3 years and the food is really good and the grounds are realy nice durring summer and early fall. The rooms there are quite small, but are clean and neat. I think it would be a greeat choice for you. Good luck with eveerything.