Willowdale Estate Brides/Attendees--horrible weather?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wedin2010. Show Wedin2010's posts

Willowdale Estate Brides/Attendees--horrible weather?

Hi everyone,

Thanks again for your input on North Shore wedding venues. We toured willowdale and I have to say that I really liked it. Our biggest obstacle is the tent, which for a tent seems like a great one. I'm wondering if anyone has had or attended a wedding there in the worst case scenario: cold, monsooning rain, etc., and how the tent held up for the guests' comfort?

I read some posts on the Willowdale and one poster had mentioned that it got a little chilly in the tent, but I'm thinking more of the monsooning rain scenario, which makes me and my family a bit nervous, despite all their assurances that it wouldn't be a problem.

Thanks!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyclechic06. Show Cyclechic06's posts

Re: Willowdale Estate Brides/Attendees--horrible weather?

I toured Willowdale last fall when we were looking at venues and it happened to be pouring rain.  The tent was completely dry and they even put up a covered walk-way from the house to the tent.  The sides were down on the tent and I don't remember it feeling too stuffy, but if you add in 150 people in there I'm not sure how that would feel.  I don't remember exactly, but I think they did have some sort of air circulation in there.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from katie1980. Show katie1980's posts

Hi Wedin2010 - the tent at the willowdale is top of the line for tents (a sperry tent - if you ask event/wedding planners they will tell you the same, they are amazing!) They have clear siding so rain won't pour in (another poster had rain on their day and all was good) ours got a little chilly but they have heaters they switched on and once everyone was dancing it was perfect! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GRX2008. Show GRX2008's posts

Nothing but great things to say about this place, a little buggy in the summer, lots of charm and charachter, great if not amazing staff...food has been consistently good and is created in house.

Sections
Shortcuts