Willowdale in Late October

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from candice211. Show candice211's posts

Willowdale in Late October

HI Everyone!
    my FH and I will be visiting Willowdale Estate in Topsfield this week as a possible location for our ceremony and reception.  the only availability they have for Fall 2010 is Friday October 29th.  We loved what we saw on the website and we think it might be the place we book.  My only concern is that Oct 29th is the last weekend the tent is open and it might be too cold for our guests...
    Has anyone been to/ or held a wedding there in late October or a cold night??  do they have heaters for the tent?  any feedback would be very welcome!!
    thanks!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from heatherv1211. Show heatherv1211's posts

Re: Willowdale in Late October

Hi Candice,
    I had my wedding at Willowdale in June.  I have not been there in October, but I can tell you they do have heaters for the tent.  Ask if they can connect you with a bride who had her wedding there in the fall - I know they often ask if they can give contact info out (they did with me, and a bride emailed me not too long ago).

Good luck - it's a gorgeous venue with great food!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

The temperature can be down in the 30s then.  A tent wedding?  I don't think so. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I SO wouldn't do that.  They last three years it has SNOWED the last week in October, and heaters or no heaters a tent will be too cold. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from candice211. Show candice211's posts

In Response to Re: Willowdale in Late October:
    thanks for all your help ladies!! after reviewing the venue w/ my FH, we felt like it was best suited for a late spring/early summer time period.  the grouds are great and we think a warmer night would be best for the guests.  we are still waiting for an email with the quote from the estate....its been over a week now, so hopefully we will hear back from them soon.  thanks again ladies!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GRX2008. Show GRX2008's posts

In Response to Re: Willowdale in Late October:
    The temperature can be down in the 30s then.  A tent wedding?  I don't think so. 
    Posted by cosmogirl

I agree with cosmogirl