Direct TV

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shamu. Show Shamu's posts

Direct TV

So anyway...to everyone who gave me advice on whether I should go to Direct TV or Comcast, thank you again. As much as I despise Comcast, last night made me almost wish I had gone with them! I cannot yet comment on Direct TV itself, as I have not actually been able to use it. The service was HOOOORRRRRRIBBLE!!!! I was scheduled between 4 and 8 and I do realize that sometime things go wrong and what have you...but I ended up waiting over SEVEN hours for installation last night. Technician did not show up until 11:30 p.m!!!! Needless to say I was furious. I still sort of am. I did my best not to curse the guy out when he did get there and I think I succeeded as far as that goes. I am capable of empathizing...We all have bad days. But seriously? If this guy was tied up could they not have called someone else? A sales guy, not even the technician himself called me at 9:00 (an hour after schedule) to tell me of the delay. I cannot afford time off of work right now, what with a wedding and all later in the year to take time off for, so rescheduling was out of the question. He told me 10:00 latest when I said this to him. By the time the tech actually showed up, I was damn near ready to cancel my subscription. He was there until nearly 1 this morning and when he left, I still couldn't actually watch anything yet! Supposedly it will be fine when I get home, but I really don't think this was a very good first impression for a first-time customer. What are your thoughts? Should I cancel without even having used the product? Should I write a letter to someone? Am I making too big a deal of it? Is it just my absolute exhaustion and crankiness getting the better of me? The way I feel is that I paid for (and I missed half a day's work yesterday for) this service and didn't end up receiving it when promised. I'd like to know your thoughts. I figure I will most likely keep the damn thing since it is paid for and (possibly...won't know til I get home) all ready to go. It is cheaper than Comcast, sure, but I would hate to think that if anything went wrong, I'd have to miss a day's work only to have to stay up half the night waiting for someone to get back to me.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from beckjag. Show beckjag's posts

Direct TV

Write a letter or make a phone call to speak to a Manager at some level--start with a Customer Service Manager and work up from there if they can't help. Go over everything that happened and explain about taking off from work. You're not over-reacting; it's asinine that you had to be up until 1AM, and it still wasn't working. You might even throw in there that you were ready to cancel before the tech even showed up. Just stay calm while you call.

Who knows, you might get a free month out of it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shamu. Show Shamu's posts

Direct TV

That's what I was thinking. I definitely bit my tongue. As I said, I DID feel bad that the tech was working that late, but to leave me hanging for 7 hours? And then have someone else call me and promise me they would be there? I was rather annoyed to say the least. I sent an email to customer service. We'll see what happens.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shamu. Show Shamu's posts

Direct TV

TCM was one of the reasons I went with Direct TV...that and NFL Network and NESN...Comcast charges you for everything! Maybe if we had a third roomie moved in I would have considered Comcast...but I really do hate them lol and can't get FIOS or RCN where I am.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shamu. Show Shamu's posts

Direct TV

Thanks, B :-) I'll keep you posted. My parents have FiOS...they seem to like it...but then they don't complain about anything much lol They, like me, hated the price (among other things) of Comcast. FiOS has the same stuff as Comcast, but cheaper and no on demand. Well, not as much on demand. But they could care less about that anyway.

I actually feel better having typed it out here...and I made sure that I was calm when I wrote the letter to Direct TV. Nothing nasty. Just that I expected more.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shamu. Show Shamu's posts

Direct TV

Already did, darlin'...Got an auto-response letter back from them...should hear back in a few days. I'd like to get the service charge waived...or even free HBO for one year so I can see the next season of Big Love lol

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from yourimaginaryfriend. Show yourimaginaryfriend's posts

Direct TV

Remember that DirectTV is a $14 Billion company. Don't be afraid to ask for the world. Dey guts more money than God.