Rotation thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shamu. Show Shamu's posts

Rotation thread

...because I miss Dozer, though I know he is having a fantastic time.

in the rotation today:

The Pogues "Rum, Sodomy & the Lash"

The Pogues "Red Roses for Me"

The Very Best of Ray Charles

They Might Be Giants "Flood"

Dead Kennedys "Give Me Convenience or Give Me Death"

Bikini Kill "Reject All American"

Kate Bush "Hounds of Love"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shamu. Show Shamu's posts

Rotation thread

I haven't heard Biz markie in years lol Nor have I listened to the Afghan Whigs in forever...i went through an AW phase around the same time I was in my Guided By Voices phase.

Well, Shippie dear...when we make sweet love we can both think about Dozer so it will be like he's there ;-)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mhc90. Show mhc90's posts

Rotation thread

I miss Dozer too, but I missed where he was going too....

I was listening to some '80s faves earlier today....

"Walk Like and Egyptian"

"Blister in the Sun"

"Gone Daddy Gone"

and the "Pretty in Pink" soundtrack

Sad, I know, but it keeps me moving!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shamu. Show Shamu's posts

Rotation thread

Awesome. And when the two of you make love, I hope you think of me :-)

(I need to watch The Jerk soon)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shamu. Show Shamu's posts

Rotation thread

Not sad at all. I love the Violent Femmes and most of the Pretty in Pink soundtrack. The Bangles, I like a few songs still from Different Light. Like their cover of September Gurls and Angels Don't Fall in Love...Walk Like an Egyptian I could kinda do without, though I will usually listen if I come across it by accident, as it reminds me of childhood.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mhc90. Show mhc90's posts

Rotation thread

It was on a mix CD I bought, and I never pulled it off my MP3. :) Later I will be listening to more Pretty in Pink, followed by more '80s mix. :) Then I put the radio on and listen to NPR

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shamu. Show Shamu's posts

Rotation thread

Too funny. At least you didn't say "Eternal Flame"...that song makes me want to vomit.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shamu. Show Shamu's posts

Rotation thread

i love TMBG...especially the older stuff. (Most of their newer albums I can't really get into as much) Flood and Apollo 18 are my two favorites. We used to listen to Flood a lot when I worked in the frame shop. Me and this chick I worked with were both managers at the time.... Used to try to set up our schedules so we'd be the 2 managers on...and would often crank "Minimum Wage" for our listening pleasure. We also managed to rig the Muzak player so we could play cds on it. :-)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shamu. Show Shamu's posts

Rotation thread

Hahaha No...but close...Thankfully I am listening to music so I won't get it stuck in my head!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shamu. Show Shamu's posts

Rotation thread

I'm sure they were thinking of what would sell at the time. honestly. Popular female musicians at the time were Expose, Stacey Q, the Cover Girls and the like...God awful.

I don't know if I know "Tonight It's You"...I didn't really get into any other album besides Different Light. Susanna Hoffs had a couple of good solo songs if I'm not mistaken, though the Bangles songs I liked best were not the ones with her doing the lead vocal.