1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PiBoy. Show PiBoy's posts

We're sorry, we have encountered an error processing your request

Hey guys, I am not sure whether anyone has a similar problem. I have the Boston Globe digital subscription, and have attempted to log on to my account, but was not able to do it. I have been getting the error message "We're sorry, we have encountered an error processing your request." I also tried to contact the phone number on the website 1-888-694-5623, but the phone system sent me to a voice mail box, and the voice mail box appeared to have an error message as well. What's worst, I just checked my credit card, Boston Globe is charging me! Any suggestions?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Re: We're sorry, we have encountered an error processing your request

In Response to We're sorry, we have encountered an error processing your request:
    [QUOTE]Any suggestions?
    Posted by PiBoy[/QUOTE]

Yeah, drop your subscription. It's a ripoff

The Globe sports page is still available free online. As are many of the editorial, op-ed, and Angle pieces. Joan Vennochi, Jeff Jacoby, and Joanna Weiss, for instance, all post links to their olumns on their Twitter pages

So dont be a sucker. Drop your subscription NOW!

Best advice youre going to get, my friend. Take it

Peace

Sincerely,
    You pal, Wildo 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PiBoy. Show PiBoy's posts

In Response to Re: We're sorry, we have encountered an error processing your request:
    [QUOTE]In Response to We're sorry, we have encountered an error processing your request : Yeah, drop your subscription. It's a ripoff The Globe sports page is still available free online. As are many of the editorial, op-ed, and Angle pieces. Joan Vennochi, Jeff Jacoby, and Joanna Weiss, for instance, all post links to their olumns on their Twitter pages So dont be a sucker. Drop your subscription NOW! Best advice youre going to get, my friend. Take it Peace Sincerely, You pal, Wildo 
    Posted by AcheNot[/QUOTE]

That is what I am planning on doing. I feel like it s a total scam. I don't understand how they can run a news paper customer service by sending their customer to a voice mail box, and the voice mail box is not set up. Since when Boston Globe is running from the basement of a 15 years old. This is a shame. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Shabby treatment by the Globe. No way to treat a paying customer in my opinion. Good for you for not letting them get away with it

Plus, like I said, much of the good stuff is still available for free anyway. Just have to know where to look for it

Good luck/Peace

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

Two months later, digital Globe still doesn't have it together.

My log-in problems finally stopped (without any help, mind you, from so-called customer service). But except for Love Letters and the other stuff you can get daily on Boston.com, I've gone back to the print edition, daily. That gives me free digital Globe - which I rarely use.

As someone who loves print, I hope digital Globe's problems sends everyone back to print subscriptions.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PiBoy. Show PiBoy's posts

I found the chat function, and was able to get in touch with someone from the Globe. Within 30 seconds, she helped me cancel my subscripton and offered me a refund. Sound good right? Now here is the, "interesting " part..... she didn't take any of my information for the whole 30 seconds, and when I asked her what she will need. She said that she is all set with what she got. I am not sure what she got, because all I have provided was my name... I hope there is no one else with the same name (I actually know 2 other people with the same name lives int he same city as I am). Let's see how far this will go.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

They go by your phone #,  I cancelled today also,  after being placed on hold for 7 minutes. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

How odd. The sister paper (NYT) has excellent customer service, and few problems with its digital media. Although that switch to facebook for comments doesn't please me.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PiBoy. Show PiBoy's posts

I used the online chat option. It take you to a live agent in no time. I hope they are actually refunding my account. 

@reindeergirl: I was subscripted to the NYT digital subscription before Boston Globle, their iPad app is very well built, and have good articles. I made the switch to Globe 4 weeks ago thinking they should have similar standard, and was tired to reading NYC local news. That was a mistake. I think I am going back to NYT, plus they give me student discount. $2.50 a week, can't beat that.  

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cmullins1758. Show cmullins1758's posts

One option for dealing with boston.com content and website issues is to use absolutely any other news source. Better and more complete writing can be found in places like comments on youtube, or your friends' facebook posts.