2010: Your year in review

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Folkenstein. Show Folkenstein's posts

2010: Your year in review

Okay, December is just about upon us, bringing us ever closer to that year-end time of reflection:

What was the best thing that happened to you this year?

What was the worst?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

Re: 2010: Your year in review

best thing: college guy
    worst thing: financial strains due to recession

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

besides the best and worst of what has happened to me this year, ive been blessed with my family still with me...esp my father who is about to be 90 yo.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdrotten. Show jdrotten's posts

best thing: my girlfriend
    worst thing: it's a long distance relationship, ugh

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

Best thing; my husband graduated with his degree and got an awesome job he loves, and I didn't divorce him for being a grad student!

Worst thing; Daddy died.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealJBar. Show TheRealJBar's posts

Best thing - warm friendships with LL lovelies!

Worst thing - watching brother go to prison

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

Best thing: Mr. B!
    Worst thing: Having to move in December cause I hate to pack

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlyssaJones. Show AlyssaJones's posts

In Response to 2010: Your year in review:
    [QUOTE]Okay, December is just about upon us, bringing us ever closer to that year-end time of reflection: What was the best thing that happened to you this year? What was the worst?
    Posted by PeteK68[/QUOTE]

Best thing?  tough one... but I might have to say meeting all of these crazy LL people.  Its been a fun ride, and I've learned a LOT about myself and about other people. 

Worst thing?  Definitely my mom's breast cancer diagnosis.  Hearing that she had stage 4 was really tough to swallow... but with a little help from my friends I've been able to deal with it pretty well and she is doing great wiht the chemo so far. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JazzyJtotheILL. Show JazzyJtotheILL's posts

Best Thing - (s)
    - Engagement
    - Two new nieces
    - Learning I hadn't actually resolved a lot of my insecurities I thought I had and allowing myself to get entirely caught up in moments (yes I blame LL for this one), however this is good because I love tackling things head on and I'm now stronger :)
    - Finally living on my own again
    - Made some new friends... yes even some from LL :)

Worst Thing - (s)
    - My parents and I losing our house
    - Learning I hadn't actually resolved a lot of my insecurities I thought I had and allowing myself to get entirely caught up in moments (yes I blame LL for this one), LOL.. because it raised my blood pressure and made me cry more than a few times
    - Death of two dear friends

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnny1963. Show johnny1963's posts

best thing, LL posters really help you to gather a meaingful perspective on yourself and others.  This is a great family. 

worst thing: spending a little too much time on LL, oh well there will always be more work!

We have good years and not so good years. 2008-2009 were just one disaster after another.  Trying to squeak out of 2010!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PowerCord. Show PowerCord's posts

Best thing:
    Not ending up divorced.

Worst thing:
    Not ending up divorced.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Folkenstein. Show Folkenstein's posts

Best thing(s):
    1.Oddly enough, finding out in January that I had a 40% blockage in a major coronary artery(we lost my Dad to a massive heart attack 25 years ago at age 54, and I'm not so far from there). This jump-started positive health changes and a new outlook on and appreciation for the really important things in life.

2.Echoing many of you here in being grateful for the experience of getting to know the core of interesting, quirky, and honest souls who drive LL!
    I may have been lurking longer than posting until recently, but don't feel any less affection for this spirited group of regulars who come out daily with all you've got. Thanks so very much for LL, Meredith!

Worst/Hardest thing:
    Losing my Mom in April. She was one feisty lady who made the most out of life. It was incredibly painful to see her physically weaken over the first few months of the year from a failing heart, unable to do more and more of the simple things we all take for granted. She stayed stubborn up until the end, and I think about her every single day. She always made the best Christmas for us as kids, and this season will surely be the time that we'll miss her the most.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from naturalginger. Show naturalginger's posts

Wow, I'm inspired by the reflections on here... and can't quite believe we're at the end of 2010....

Best Things: 
    - Starting a relationship that has been toe-curling fantastic with my best guy friend of 6 years prior
    - Finishing my MA in Econ

Worst Things:
    - Realizing that when you start dating your male confidant, you can't go to them any longer for boyfriend advice (ok, somewhat a joke, but also very true)
    - The agony of watching very close and dear friends go through the pain and confusion of having someone disappear into thin air, the painfully optimistic search that followed, and the even more painful closure that came when they were found.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bzorn22. Show bzorn22's posts

Best thing: Watching my daughter become a mature and focused woman.
                    Waking up on the green side of the grass every morning so far.

Worst thing: Can't talk about that yet.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

Best Thing: I taught my pet pig to sing.

Worst Thing: It refuses to sing in front of anyone else.  And it's really PO'ed at me for some reason and ate all my truffles.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

In Response to Re: 2010: Your year in review:
    [QUOTE]Best Thing: I taught my pet pig to sing. Worst Thing: It refuses to sing in front of anyone else.  And it's really PO'ed at me for some reason and ate all my truffles.
    Posted by TwoCentDonation[/QUOTE]

Have you tried to hide a tape recorder and secretly record him?  Just an idea.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

highs: watching both my sons reach spectacular highs.  The oldest gave an amazing speech at his HS graduation, while the youngest won MVP of his Babe Ruth all star baseball team.

low: watching my business melt down to it's hibernating state (the upside to that is I got to meet the underground society that is you guys)Smile

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from travlinterry. Show travlinterry's posts

Best in 2010:
    Still working!!!
    Still with my guy, he got job!

Worst in 2010
    Guy's syko kunt ex-g/f still stalking...maybe i aughtta do my own LL...sounds like it wud beat the 20-yr olds 'issues' eh?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2010: Your year in review : Have you tried to hide a tape recorder and secretly record him?  Just an idea.
    Posted by jkjband[/QUOTE]

I could video tape the pig, but then I'd be accused of altering the image and sound...  Maybe I'm better off finding a literate spider to handle the PR.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Folkenstein. Show Folkenstein's posts

[QUOTE]These posts really put things in perspective, don't they?  Nice job, Petey.
    Posted by Lily87[/QUOTE]

Ah, thanks, but the sharing from all of YOU is what makes it work.
    I couldn't have imagined the depth of heartache so many have been through in just this year alone.
    Wishing peace and resolution for those that can find it...

P

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sunshine85. Show Sunshine85's posts

Best thing in 2010: Got engaged  to the man of my dreams :-)

Worst thing in 2010: So far nothing devastating ::knock on wood::

Can't believe how close we are to the end of this year!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e. Show 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e's posts

The best: good health for my husband and myself and most of the family

The worst: my sister's breast cancer mets

It's been nice to have a relatively crisis-free year; it's allowed me to be more proactive and less reactive and do more of the things I enjoy with the people I enjoy.

1973 and 2006 were both so bad that I couldn't wait for the year to be over. On December 31 I wasn't toasting the New Year, I was toasting the departure of the previous year. So hang in there, friends, there's a bottle of champagne or sparkling water waiting for you on New Year's Eve.

And thanks for sharing.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from redwolf68. Show redwolf68's posts

Best thing in Wolfie's life in 2010:
    Celebrating 9 years with my beloved wife (6 of them actually married)
    Finding LL and meeting some new peeps (as I said when I first arrived here, I needed some new friends)
    Discovering all sorts of wonderful things to do in Boston

Worst thing:
    Struggling financially through the summer
    Dealing with the landlord selling the house and a real estate agent who thought his schedule was the only one that mattered
    7-year-old niece's diagnosis of type-1 diabetes (my heart just breaks for her, but I see this as an opportunity for her to learn self-control and how to manage her life effectively - you're never too young to start)

2009 was a difficult year, watching NYS's financial squeeze necessitate an exit from a state job with a decent salary and bennies (up side was that I got a good severance package - $20,000 buyout and all my unused vacation time paid), a huge blow-up with my MIL that still hasn't healed (because she just wants to sweep everything under the rug), the sudden death last Thanksgiving of an old high school friend from an entirely preventable condition (I hadn't seen him in about 20 years and had only reconnected recently via Facebook); if there have been any years in my life that I wish I could do over, 1993-99 represents a large block of wasted opportunities and horrible judgmental errors that I regret more than I can say - but I've emerged from all of it stronger, wiser and, I hope, a better man.

Looking forward to 2011 - I raise my glass to you all.  Slainte mhath!