3/9/2011 Letter- Shakespeare Not In Love

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

Re: 3/9/2011 Letter- Shakespeare Not In Love

oh, so im not hte only one with LL box problems..
    nice to see Jeeps start this thread...

LW, this is way over your head. he needs some serious help and you're not the one to be his florence nightingale

please let him be to seek therapy and for you to move on.

best of luck to you

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bzorn22. Show bzorn22's posts

No McBostonrob, there are not millions of confused guys wandering around wondering what side of the boat to row on. It is amazing how people constantly do that on this blog. 3% of the male population is homosexual not 30%. It doesn't happen that often folks.

This is a young man who is in love but he does not want the responsibilities that come with that. So we get that push and pull. Which says that he doesn't want her to go but she can only stay on his terms and they will change whimsically. This is a choice that LW has to make. It sounds like she is in love with the idea of being in love also or else she would of had this talk with her "Pete" (I agree with DG, I was expecting Mercutio myself).

Break up already it will be no great loss. Unless, of course, you see your future as being tied to someone who is immature and wishy-washy. He may grow up. He may not but why on earth would you want to go along for that ride. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bzorn22. Show bzorn22's posts

In Response to Re: 3/9/2011 Letter- Shakespeare Not In Love:
    [QUOTE]Interesting how the avatars appear bigger here than on the blog.  Especially Zeptember's.  I'm not normally into comics, but that is one well drawn lady.
    Posted by McBostonrob[/QUOTE]
    Actually, with my age and and eyesight I can finally see what some of y'all look like.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hsmbs. Show hsmbs's posts

JBar keeps getting more posts which is just like any normal day.  How would you like to be me though? -  I''ve checked back to see I'm still consistently the loser post of the 4!!  :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

I think it is just a relationship that has ended, like every relationship will but one, and she needs to get her head straight about that and move on.  Leave Hamlet for some other girl.  Because they are not right together, or it wouldn't be a mess like this.  He isn't gay or depressed; they are just not meant to be together.  Easy peasy.  The hard part is staying away from him until she can realize that.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sexual-chocolate. Show sexual-chocolate's posts

"He didn't respond that night but texted me yesterday that he’s incapable of a serious relationship right now.  I haven't responded yet. I don't know if I even should -- and what to say if I did."

I think LW should just simply end it on a classy note and I would suggest that she just say she wished things couldve worked out differently and wish him well.  I know this guy couldve probably handled things more smoothly, but in my field of work, I see people lose relationships, jobs, cars, houses, families, etc becasue of mental illness all of the time and I think thats whats happened here.  I believe that this guy really wanted things to work out with LW, but he was just not capable of handling the relationship and school.     

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bzorn22. Show bzorn22's posts

In Response to Re: 3/9/2011 Letter- Shakespeare Not In Love:
    [QUOTE]JBar keeps getting more posts which is just like any normal day.  How would you like to be me though? -  I''ve checked back to see I'm still consistently the loser post of the 4!!  :)
    Posted by hsmbs[/QUOTE]

I try real hard not to judge my worth as a human by the number of recommends one gets. Which is a good thing.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e. Show 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e's posts

"Are there that many people running around who are confused about their sexuality?"

I've heard that at least 5% of males are gay and some gay people have told me they think it could be 10%. Personally, I think JDRotten's description is acurate, in that there seems to be quite a range.

A person who is confused could send a lot of mixed signals. However, this fellow has been able to stomach the weeknight-sleepovers for months now, so I'm guessing his problem is with the relationship, not his orientation.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealJBar. Show TheRealJBar's posts

All right - I confess! I BROKE THE DAMNED COMMENT BOX!! (But I just fixed it...)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdrotten. Show jdrotten's posts

As far as it goes with the LW, I'm with dg that the relationship is just over.

Sounds like the guy was pretty honest with her about it.  Sorry for the LW's heartbreak, but I'd advise her not to text him back and move on and recover from this relationship

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from McBostonrob. Show McBostonrob's posts

I don't know DG, but I'm thinking if he's bursting into hysterical tears, there's probably something wrong with him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e. Show 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e's posts

Ha ha, hsmbs....I know how you feel...but you're never a loser!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from naturalginger. Show naturalginger's posts

I dunno, I kinda like it over here. It's not as competitive (*cough* Jbar *cough*)... =)

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Montyy. Show Montyy's posts

JC - thanks for starting the thread - I was having withdrawl!
    JBar, thanks for fixing - I hope you enjoyed the glory
    McRob - I dno't know why everybody goes to the 'is he gay' thing so quickly.  I think its vitzy's fault.  I go to the 'he doesn't like you Enough' thing more quickly.
    Lily - No, you rock!