6/07 - The Hangover

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PowerCord. Show PowerCord's posts

6/07 - The Hangover

So I woke up face down on the floor this morning, missing a tooth and was nearly eaten by Seebell when I went to the bathroom.  Then I discover the entire hotel room is trashed, the couch is on fire, there are bottles of cherry vodka all over the place and a pile of hockey jerseys in the middle of the floor.  Not to mention the shredded cardboard in the bedroom and a dozen or so grey fuzzy things that look eerily like squirrel tails hanging from the curtain rods.
    Then I realize, someone is missing....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

Re: 6/07 - The Hangover

I want Seebell for Christmas.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

In Response to 6/07 - The Hangover:
    So I woke up face down on the floor this morning, missing a tooth and was nearly eaten by Seebell when I went to the bathroom.  Then I discover the entire hotel room is trashed, the couch is on fire, there are bottles of cherry vodka all over the place and a pile of hockey jerseys in the middle of the floor.  Not to mention the shredded cardboard in the bedroom and a dozen or so grey fuzzy things that look eerily like squirrel tails hanging from the curtain rods. Then I realize, someone is missing....
    Posted by PowerCord

You crack me up, PC!  I heard a little about The Seebers and AJ's "interaction", shall we call it.  I'm not sure I could deal with the TTIS (Tornado That Is Seebell)!  LOL

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Milfit. Show Milfit's posts

It sounds like i really missed a great time.  I need to make more of an effort to attend the next event.

On another note, why does Monday always come so quickly?

Is Twinny back from vacation today?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from -Cariokie. Show -Cariokie's posts

In Response to Re: 6/07 - The Hangover:
    In Response to 6/07 - The Hangover : You crack me up, PC!  I heard a little about The Seebers and AJ's "interaction", shall we call it.  I'm not sure I could deal with the TTIS (Tornado That Is Seebell)!  LOL
    Posted by LWhitt58

Carp! So sorry I missed this.... Catch you next time...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from -Cariokie. Show -Cariokie's posts

I want Seebell for Christmas.
    Posted by diamondgirl

Hey, DG! What's new pussycat?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dread27. Show Dread27's posts

Is it me?  Am I missing?  Am I on the roof?  Do I have suntan lotion?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlyssaJones. Show AlyssaJones's posts

In Response to 6/07 - The Hangover:
    So I woke up face down on the floor this morning, missing a tooth and was nearly eaten by Seebell when I went to the bathroom.  Then I discover the entire hotel room is trashed, the couch is on fire, there are bottles of cherry vodka all over the place and a pile of hockey jerseys in the middle of the floor.  Not to mention the shredded cardboard in the bedroom and a dozen or so grey fuzzy things that look eerily like squirrel tails hanging from the curtain rods. Then I realize, someone is missing....
    Posted by PowerCord

Did you check the roof?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

Plowing through my first French Vanilla of the day, terminating some firms.  Same ol same ol.  You?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dread27. Show Dread27's posts

I'm going to be missing for a bit today.  I'm working in the warehouse for awhile.  PC, can you post Dread-like advice for me today please?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from -Cariokie. Show -Cariokie's posts

Plowing through my first French Vanilla of the day, terminating some firms.  Same ol same ol.  You?
    Posted by diamondgirl

8 hours of dealing with rich b*tches and their 'tudes, but have a lead on something new and full-time. Cross your fingers!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

Good Morning Everyone!!

I hope it warms up a tad today..  I wore a skirt, and it was a smidge too cold this morning.  But, really, I shouldn't complain.  It's dry!!  And I didn't run the risk of electrocution from the sky!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

In Response to Re: 6/07 - The Hangover : 8 hours of dealing with rich b*tches and their 'tudes, but have a lead on something new and full-time. Cross your fingers!
    Posted by -Cariokie

*fingers crossed*

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

Oh, boy, I really don't have any solid advice for today's letter writer, other than sympathy for the whole "treated as a sex object" thing.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

I'll miss you Dread!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from trickycrayon. Show trickycrayon's posts

I can't BELIEVE I missed Seebell. My Friday night ended up sucking royally, too. GRRRR >:( that'll teach me to skip out on an LL event.

Today's letter is hard. And depressing.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

I can't BELIEVE I missed Seebell. My Friday night ended up sucking royally, too. GRRRR />:(

Bummer, Tricky :(  I hope the rest of your weekend was much, much better!

Today's letter is hard. And depressing.

Agreed.  I know there are cool non-black men out there who won't be put off by the race thing, but I can't come up with any advice on how to find them.  And I know there are still lots of people who are varying degrees of racist, so I fully sympathize with her.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

In Response to Re: 6/07 - The Hangover : 8 hours of dealing with rich b*tches and their 'tudes, but have a lead on something new and full-time. Cross your fingers!
    Posted by -Cariokie

Fingers (and pedicured toesies!) are crossed, Cari!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mes3pippo. Show mes3pippo's posts

Good morning everyone.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

Twocent, your comment about being able to spend a lot of time in Boston without seeing any black people cracked me up, mostly because I am one of the two or three white people on my daily commute.  Many of the posters here are not from the City of Boston, and spend most of their time in the tourist/student/lily white neighborhoods.  The crowd at Fenway is white.  Brookline and its feeder trains, the Green Line, are white.  Many of the day to day working neighborhoods of the city are not.  I grew up as one of the only white kids in my class, one of the only white kids in my neighborhood.

I didn't want to throw this on the blog, because I refuse to get into a discussion of Boston race politics with people who aren't from Boston when this poor woman just wants some dating advice.  I just wanted it mentioned.

The suburbs are much, much more homogenous, with the exception of a few towns like Randolph, where the LW is from.  Randolph is a pretty town that actually has a decent black/white mix.  I think a lot of the LW's problems are due to the fact that the guys she is dating are suburban bleacher beef.  I wouldn't date guys who would be that rude, either. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from UnstableFlux. Show UnstableFlux's posts

Posted by -Cariokie

Good luck!

Damnit I wish I was there to see TTIS! Someone might have to...erm...fill me in on what I missed

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from trickycrayon. Show trickycrayon's posts

Bummer, Tricky :(  I hope the rest of your weekend was much, much better!

It was, thankfully. Saturday night was off the hizz-ay.

I almost dated a black woman once, but didn't because I was still hung up on my ex. I don't entirely get the whole...race...fetishization or avoidance but no romance...thing. I mean, I know it's out there, but it's just...one of those things you wish we were past.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from redwolf68. Show redwolf68's posts

In Response to Re: 6/07 - The Hangover : Bummer, Tricky :(  I hope the rest of your weekend was much, much better! Agreed.  I know there are cool non-black men out there who won't be put off by the race thing, but I can't come up with any advice on how to find them.  And I know there are still lots of people who are varying degrees of racist, so I fully sympathize with her.
    Posted by TwoCentDonation

Yeah, this is a tough one.  If I weren't taken, I'd offer myself - she sounds very nice.  I've always been open to the idea of dating outside the "crayon box," as it were, and not because I wanted to find out what black women, etc., were "like in bed."  I really think it is the media, and MTV in particular, that puts these weird cultural blinders on us.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from UnstableFlux. Show UnstableFlux's posts

And I know there are still lots of people who are varying degrees of racist, so I fully sympathize with her.
    Posted by TwoCentDonation

As someone who grew-up my entire life in a white suburb of Boston and has now lived here for the past 3.5 years, I can say some of it isn't even racism as much as ignorance. For many people, all they have to go on is media stereotypes and what they see in the news.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from trickycrayon. Show trickycrayon's posts

PS...anyone else think this could turn interesting if some of the hater ninnies see "race and dating in Boston" on the front page and decide to join the discussion?

Because I can see today being a reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeal weird day if that happens.

Sections
Shortcuts