6/22 - Where the heck is the daily thread?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

6/22 - Where the heck is the daily thread?

Hi kids!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdrotten. Show jdrotten's posts

Re: 6/22 - Where the heck is the daily thread?

Good Morning!  It's a bright new day in LL land!

**DUCKS**

hey, no throwing stuff!  ;-)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

In Response to Re: 6/22 - Where the heck is the daily thread?:
    Good Morning!  It's a bright new day in LL land! **DUCKS** hey, no throwing stuff!  ;-)
    Posted by jdrotten

LOL!  I was surprised not to see a thread started up by DG this morning - she hit the LL blog bright and early with the first response.  I was called away after I posted to the blog (I hate it when work does that!) so I didn't start it up either.

So good morning, one and all.  :-)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dread27. Show Dread27's posts

Good morning.  My chest still hurts.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

aww...poor Dreadles.

It will be better soon, lovey.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

Good morning.  My chest still hurts.
    Posted by Dread27

:-(  Dread, please go see a doctor, Please?  This is NOT good that your chest still hurts after 4 days!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dread27. Show Dread27's posts

I did LWhitt.  It wasn't swallowing the pill.  The pill I took caused acid reflux and I burnt my esophagus.  It's awesome.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

I did LWhitt.  It wasn't swallowing the pill.  The pill I took caused acid reflux and I burnt my esophagus.  It's awesome.
    Posted by Dread27

Oh carp!  Not awesome at all.  I've had AR once or twice in the middle of the night.  It is one of the most major suckage things ever.  "Burned" is the right word.

I'm sorry.  What if you eat some honey - would that help coat it a bit? Plus, it tastes good.  :-)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

Good Morning!

Dread - Ouchie.  That sounds painful.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dread27. Show Dread27's posts

They told me that I can't eat all these things that are part of the staple Dread diet.  But it seems to me that if I'm more careful about when I take that particular pill and I take the prilosec that they gave then I shouldn't have to worry about what food I'm eating right?

I really can't go a month without spicey food, alcohol, chocolate, AND coffee.  Sure my stomach would feel better but I'd be in jail for flipping out on people and I'm too pretty to be in jail.  Wink

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

I'm really disliking the LW's bf.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redwolf68. Show redwolf68's posts

I was wondering where this thread was - just logged in, and it wasn't there with the usual forums (fora?).  Now you see it... Undecided

Dread, that's not good at all.  Take it easy on your digestive tract there, buddy, it's gotta last you awhile!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

Ooh - Dread.  NO on the coffee and Prilosec.  My BIL is on that (or Zantac) and he's had to cut WAY WAY back on certain foods and drinks.  Seriously - please take the month and let your throat heal and then ease back into your food/drink gotta-haves.  Your throat and stomach will thank you. :-)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

They told me that I can't eat all these things that are part of the staple Dread diet.  But it seems to me that if I'm more careful about when I take that particular pill and I take the prilosec that they gave then I shouldn't have to worry about what food I'm eating right? I really can't go a month without spicey food, alcohol, chocolate, AND coffee.  Sure my stomach would feel better but I'd be in jail for flipping out on people and I'm too pretty to be in jail. 
    Posted by Dread27

Dread

seriously, have it looked at....
    my brother had early stages of esophegal cancer... and another friend has it...
    it  typically masks itself as heartburn or indigestion... people never think of it as anything but HB or indigestion, until its too late...

honestly, please go see a doctor.... not to scare you, but it is one of the most treatable cancers around, but has one of hte highest mortality rates, as people do not seek medical attention early enough, as they think its just minor HB or indigestion..
    my brother caught his way early... he's fine... friend is seeking treatment and should be fine...

just looking out for ya buddy

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

I'm really disliking the LW's bf.
    Posted by TwoCentDonation

Right there beside ya, TwoCent. And I liked your post too.  Even if McBRob probably thinks it's too long.  ;-)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dread27. Show Dread27's posts

TwoCent, I think he's just a little bit full of himself but he means well.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dread27. Show Dread27's posts

In Response to Re: 6/22 - Where the heck is the daily thread? : Dread seriously, have it looked at.... my brother had early stages of esophegal cancer... and another friend has it... it  typically masks itself as heartburn or indigestion... people never think of it as anything but HB or indigestion, until its too late... honestly, please go see a doctor.... not to scare you, but it is one of the most treatable cancers around, but has one of hte highest mortality rates, as people do not seek medical attention early enough, as they think its just minor HB or indigestion.. my brother caught his way early... he's fine... friend is seeking treatment and should be fine... just looking out for ya buddy
    Posted by backbaybabe

I went to see the doctor and I have to do this whole diet and prilosec thing and if it doesn't go away in a month then they'll use a scope.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

In Response to Re: 6/22 - Where the heck is the daily thread? : Right there beside ya, TwoCent. And I liked your post too.  Even if McBRob probably thinks it's too long.  ;-)
    Posted by LWhitt58

im right there with ya both... and im not to keen on LW either....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

TwoCent, I think he's just a little bit full of himself but he means well.
    Posted by Dread27

That could be the case, but as usual, we don't really have enough info.  At the very least, it sounds like he's lacking relationship management skills.

I probably reacted the way I did because I've had people try to help me when I didn't need their help, didn't ask for their help, and was being "helped" to server their needs, not mine.  It was all about them.  It's mega-obnoxious.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

In Response to Re: 6/22 - Where the heck is the daily thread? : Right there beside ya, TwoCent. And I liked your post too.  Even if McBRob probably thinks it's too long.  ;-)
    Posted by LWhitt58

Oh, good :)  I worry that I blather on too long, and then I read someone else's comment that says what I was saying, but in two sentences instead of 50 :P

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dread27. Show Dread27's posts

In Response to Re: 6/22 - Where the heck is the daily thread? : That could be the case, but as usual, we don't really have enough info.  At the very least, it sounds like he's lacking relationship management skills. I probably reacted the way I did because I've had people try to help me when I didn't need their help, didn't ask for their help, and was being "helped" to server their needs, not mine.  It was all about them .  It's mega-obnoxious.

Yeah it is.  Luckily only my Mom tries to do that with me and I don't mind telling her to back off.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

I really can't go a month without spicey food, alcohol, chocolate, AND coffee.  Sure my stomach would feel better but I'd be in jail for flipping out on people and I'm too pretty to be in jail. 
    Posted by Dread27

Wha?!?!?!  Don't those food prohibitions violate the Geneva Convention or something?

Maybe you could be the crazy pretty boy in jail... You know, you'll go on a murderous, crazy rampage unless they smuggle in chocolate for you.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dread27. Show Dread27's posts

In Response to Re: 6/22 - Where the heck is the daily thread? : Wha?!?!?!  Don't those food prohibitions violate the Geneva Convention or something? Maybe you could be the crazy pretty boy in jail... You know, you'll go on a murderous, crazy rampage unless they smuggle in chocolate for you.

I'd have to join a gang or something.  I'm not sure I could.  I had this discussion with a black friend of mine and he said, "(Dread), if you went to jail I wouldn't hold it against you if you joined the white supremacists for protection."  I think that'd be my only real option unless I just kept on doing crazy stuff to stay in solitary.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

In Response to Re: 6/22 - Where the heck is the daily thread? : Oh, good :)  I worry that I blather on too long, and then I read someone else's comment that says what I was saying, but in two sentences instead of 50 :P

I hate when that happens, too.  :-)  But I think sometimes people write the way they think or speak (more verbose than not - I'm probably that way), and others are brief and to the point and are the same in person - brief comments, not overly talkative.  But sometimes brevity doesn't get the WHOLE point across as when you use a few more words.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

In Response to Re: 6/22 - Where the heck is the daily thread? : But sometimes brevity doesn't get the WHOLE point across as when you use a few more words.
    Posted by LWhitt58

True... And maybe the brief comments seem better to me because I already know what the point is.  Perhaps it helps the LWs to have things spelled out more.

Sections
Shortcuts