6/23 - Super Hump Day

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PowerCord. Show PowerCord's posts

6/23 - Super Hump Day

Ummmm....about that stuff I said about you guys in that Rolling Stone interview...uhhh.......sorry.  Nothing personal.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

Re: 6/23 - Super Hump Day

expect to hear from my attornys

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdrotten. Show jdrotten's posts

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkingTheWalk. Show WalkingTheWalk's posts

This is the end, the end is near my friend...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

loose lips sinks ships, or maybe administrations, HA

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

In Response to Re: 6/23 - Super Hump Day:
    loose lips sinks ships, or maybe administrations, HA
    Posted by backbaybabe

LOL!  I've got a friend who's husband is in the service (Colonel, I believe) and she knows McChrystal and his wife...nice people, but let's just say he's always been "outspoken".    Coulda fooled me.  :-)

I'm thinking the guy should have retired and THEN said what he wanted to.  But I do still smell a book deal down the road.

And good morning to you all.  :-)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

In Response to Re: 6/23 - Super Hump Day : LOL!  I've got a friend who's husband is in the service (Colonel, I believe) and she knows McChrystal and his wife...nice people, but let's just say he's always been "outspoken".    Coulda fooled me.  :-) I'm thinking the guy should have retired and THEN said what he wanted to.  But I do still smell a book deal down the road. And good morning to you all.  :-)
    Posted by LWhitt58

OMG - you are soooo right... i can just see the publishers lining up right now....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

Good Morning All!

Yeah, McChrystal is toast...  And, from what I understand about the military, he should be.  Would he tolerate a subordinate bad mouthing him?  I doubt it.  I was listening to NPR and some were handwringing about continuity in Afghanistan, but a few others made very clear points:  You let McChrystal off and it sends a bad message to the rest of the military, and it can erode morale if privates and corporates think generals can get away with stuff like this.

I mean, I work in the private sector and I know better than to bad mouth my boss :P

Ok, enough with the cranky news commentary...  Time to drink my coffee.  Mmmm... hazelnut....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

In Response to Re: 6/23 - Super Hump Day :  I'm thinking the guy should have retired and THEN said what he wanted to.  But I do still smell a book deal down the road. And good morning to you all.  :-)
    Posted by LWhitt58

I believe traditionally that is what military officers do... They don't criticize until they retire.  There's also a tradition of not expressing political opinions.  I think the idea is a politicized military can lead to insubordination and coups.

One disturbing trend in the military that I read about in Harper's is the increasing influence of religion, in particular hardline Christians.  There are incidents where non-Christians are bullied into prayer and beaten up if they don't comply.  I think the article was last summer?

But, yeah, I smell a book deal in the future.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from trickycrayon. Show trickycrayon's posts

This is the superest hump day.

Know why?

Because I'm wearing this dress...

and these shoes.

Oh yes. I am SO HOT.

[/vanity]

So this LW...her ex-ish-whateverheis sounds like me. I want to meet him. I didn't know there were other people who do that...right down to the "talking like it's a business transaction" thing. I HATE that I do it...but at least I don't feel like it's only me now.

Also man, I have to disagree with the bipolar diagnosis. I think he's depressed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

I had a big important thought about the military or something, and then I saw tricky's dress.

what?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from trickycrayon. Show trickycrayon's posts

8)

It looks super-good on curvy girls...just sayin'!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

I had a big important thought about the military or something, and then I saw tricky's dress.
    what?
    Posted by diamondgirl

Seriously - SUPER hot dress and heels, tricky!  I could never, ever, ever wear either! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dread27. Show Dread27's posts

Hi.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dread27. Show Dread27's posts

That looks nothing like you Tricky.  You lie.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from trickycrayon. Show trickycrayon's posts

Hi Dread! <3

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

Posted by diamondgirl

Isn't the dress West Point colors?  Perhaps it should be the new uniform for cadets... Male AND female.  I mean, come on, if you can run an obstacle course in 5 minutes or less in those shoes and without tearing the dress surely you're Ranger and Green Beret material, no?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

Hey Dread!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

This is the superest hump day. Know why? Because I'm wearing this dress... and these shoes. Oh yes. I am SO HOT. [/vanity] So this LW...he sounds like me. I want to meet him. I didn't know there were other people who do that...right down to the "talking like it's a business transaction" thing.
    Posted by trickycrayon

you looking HAWT today girlie!!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

In Response to Re: 6/23 - Super Hump Day : Isn't the dress West Point colors?  Perhaps it should be the new uniform for cadets... Male AND female.  I mean, come on, if you can run an obstacle course in 5 minutes or less in those shoes and without tearing the dress surely you're Ranger and Green Beret material, no?
    Posted by TwoCentDonation

LOL!!!  It IS West Point colors, TwoCent!  And hey, hey Dread!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from trickycrayon. Show trickycrayon's posts

Elekktra's comment got "Goodbye, Love" from RENT stuck in my head. :|

TwoCent, that is a great idea.

BBB, <3 <3!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

Still stuck on tricky's girls.  Sorry.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dread27. Show Dread27's posts

Still stuck on tricky's girls.  Sorry.
    Posted by diamondgirl

Way better in person too.  Tongue out

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from trickycrayon. Show trickycrayon's posts

Oh stop! Embarassed

Hee, I love you guys.

Bored at work, so I'm designing business cards on Vistaprint. MY HOTNESS IS WASTED ON THIS OFFICE TODAY.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dread27. Show Dread27's posts

Oh stop! Hee, I love you guys. Bored at work, so I'm designing business cards on Vistaprint. MY HOTNESS IS WASTED ON THIS OFFICE TODAY.
    Posted by trickycrayon

You can come visit me.

Sections
Shortcuts