6/24- Early as Dang Heck Letter Thursday!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from trickycrayon. Show trickycrayon's posts

6/24- Early as Dang Heck Letter Thursday!

Way to pull a fast one on us, Mere :)

I'm going to say it here because I don't feel like being this cynical on the blog, but I am really just an advocate of not getting married at all.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PowerCord. Show PowerCord's posts

Re: 6/24- Early as Dang Heck Letter Thursday!

Whoa...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from trickycrayon. Show trickycrayon's posts

Jazzy agrees with me!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

My power went out at 6:15a this morning, so I missed the earliness of the letter.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

I seriously want to b*tchslap this LW today!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

Yeah, I can't even hang out in there today.  It is making my head pound.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

good morning lovelies

the guy is a dope on a rope....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

Good Morning!

Seor made a Wonder Years reference.  Awesome.  The series finale had me in tears because it reminded me of my own first love....

I have no advice for the LW.  The basics I would say have probably already been said, or will be said.  The only thing I can think of is they could use a months-long traditional honeymoon the upper classes used to take back in old days.  They need to spend lots of together time to get to know each other, but that would take time and money and now they have a child.  Plus, I would hope their therapist already suggested they spend alone time to reconnect.

But, married after 9 months of long distance?  Holy moly!  Maybe if they came from a culture of arranged marriages it'd be ok but they sound like regular Americans.  9 months?????

Mr. Cent and I have been together longer than that and it's still too soon for us to get married.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

Wow, you guys are being awfully hard on this dude. 

She cheated first.

and good morning, kids :)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

Two Cent:

My second marriage came 9 months after the start of a long-distance relationship.

In related news, I was a big idiot.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

I am distracted.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e. Show 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e's posts

I just wonder what that illness is that got him a medical discharge. The only guys I know who got that during wartime were psych or addiction discharges...not to diagnose on LL, of course..ha ha

His letter really doesn't seem like a good LL letter because the situation is so complex and he doesn't seem to have much insight or ability to process. Sad.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

Good morning Jneen!

Are you giving advice today?  I'm looking forward to reading it, but I'm only on page 3.

Maybe I will give advice today.  I can be the Good Cop.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

In Response to Re: 6/24- Early as Dang Heck Letter Thursday!:
    I just wonder what that illness is that got him a medical discharge. The only guys I know who got that during wartime were psych or addiction discharges...
    Posted by Green-Mountain-Views

I was thinking cancer, or something of that magnitude.  I imagine there are lots of serious diseases that could make someone permanently unfit for service.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

I gave advice.  Not sure how helpful it was, though.

Those who can't - teach!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

Yeah, plenty of things make you unfit to be a soldier, but perfectly fit for a desk job.  He could be in a wheelchair paralyzed from the waist down, or have MS, or anything.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

His letter really doesn't seem like a good LL letter because the situation is so complex and he doesn't seem to have much insight or ability to process. Sad.
    Posted by Green-Mountain-Views

Agreed, GMV.  There's a LOT to process - but IMO, they're both at fault in this relationship.  Perhaps it started with her cheating, but it's escalated with his snooping, having a baby when they were in a brief "good place", and then more cheating on both their parts.  Just don't like either of 'em.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e. Show 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e's posts

@whitt - yeah, sounds awful... and some people get stuck and just dig themselves in further. I think an injury that meant he could not return to any type of duty would have popped him out of the service pretty quickly and the impression I get from the letter (reading in, possibly) is that they were treating his illness over time. Cancer, maybe, but I do wonder about his mental status and that's why I'm keeping my comments just to the one.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

I had all 3 of my kids when I was in "good, brief places" in my first marriage.  It doesn't make me a bad person.

Being an impulsive idiot makes me a bad person :)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from UnstableFlux. Show UnstableFlux's posts

Q( '.' )Q

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

You are not a bad person, J9.  Don't be silly.

But these two do NOT need to be together.  It is a cruel waste of time to complain at people for having had kids, anyway.  What are they supposed to do - give them back?  Just accept that there are little people involved now, and advise accordingly.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

I had all 3 of my kids when I was in "good, brief places" in my first marriage.  It doesn't make me a bad person. Being an impulsive idiot makes me a bad person :)
    Posted by ThatJneenGrrl

Oh arrrrggghhh....I'm just gonna shut up on this entire situation from now on.  My apologies, J9.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

LWhitt, it's ok.

You were expressing a heartfelt opinion.  No offense taken.  :)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

I agree that scolding him for having the child is counterproductive.  I didn't get the sense from his letter that they were having a child to save their marriage, and even if they did it's too late now.  They have to deal with what they've got.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from McBostonrob. Show McBostonrob's posts

I agree that scolding him for having the child is counterproductive.  I didn't get the sense from his letter that they were having a child to save their marriage, and even if they did it's too late now.  They have to deal with what they've got.
    Posted by TwoCentDonation

Thank you.

Sections
Shortcuts