6/9 - Ray Allen was Cold as Ice, willing to sacrifice our love...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from McFriendZone. Show McFriendZone's posts

Re: 6/9 - Ray Allen was Cold as Ice, willing to sacrifice our love...

Enjoy the rest of your day peeps, I'll give you back your forum and leave the bedroom twister and nekkid poker talk to the pro's.  To the friendzone!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

blind squirrel theory.. hehehehe

how did a silly blonde accomplish getting 4.625 on a 15y  7 yrs ago?????

now that was pure luck....

i may be blonde, but nobody can be taking me for someone's fool...

i be a twicky tigger, thats for sure.... hehehe

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redwolf68. Show redwolf68's posts

In Response to Re: 6/9 - Ray Allen was Cold as Ice, willing to sacrifice our love...:
     "Folks, ask yourselves:  Is it worth it?  Really?" Well, yes.  It is to me.  Everyone has things that amuse them that bore the $h!+ out of everyone else.  I don't make fun of people for liking NASCAR, newt-collecting, raising African violets, or fishing.  I expect them not to make fun of me for watching athletic contests.  (shrug)
    Posted by diamondgirl

I'm not making fun of anyone, DG.  Just asking everyone to consider whether getting all stressed out over your teams winning or losing is really worth it.  OK, so my last comment was snarky - obviously I have a low opinion of sports.  I'm also entitled to my opinion, and to the right to express that opinion.  And it has much to do with having been something of a sports fan when I was younger and rooting for teams whose performance (anywhere from wildly uneven to pisspoor) left me frustrated and feeling like I'd wasted my time.  I *don't* feel that it's worth the time and money spent, and I'd really rather not work myself into a fine froth over this stuff.  I think there are more important things in the world to get upset about that affect me a little more directly and definitively.

And as far as not being made fun of for the stuff you like, well, I've taken loads of crap for some of my interests, too.  This is what having a thick skin is all about - hearing people's opinions and not being bothered by them.  If you can't take it, then the problem is with you, not them.  (How many times did my parents tell me this when I was a child and people made fun of me for one thing or another?)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

In Response to Re: 6/9 - Ray Allen was Cold as Ice, willing to sacrifice our love...:
    In Response to Re: 6/9 - Ray Allen was Cold as Ice, willing to sacrifice our love... : I would.  But the goal is to get nude anyway, so let's just cut to the chase.  By the way, is that your foot nudging my third leg?
    Posted by supersonicBLASTman

hehehehe, didnt think you noticed my foot under the table....but yes, that'll be moi....im nudging away

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

In Response to Re: 6/9 - Ray Allen was Cold as Ice, willing to sacrifice our love... : I'd be a fool not to wait until Friday...but I must.  BBB - behave.  It's not Friday yet.
    Posted by supersonicBLASTman

YO Dude Blasty, you are soooo totally teasing me

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UnstableFlux. Show UnstableFlux's posts

*Tickle*

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

does anybody really read song lyrics when someone posts them? just wondering.
    Posted by ThatJneenGrrl

If they are less than ten lines long.  This usually means they are somewhat appropriate to the conversation, instead of just being a song someone liked.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

"I'm also entitled to my opinion, and to the right to express that opinion."

Certainly.  And I am entitled to express my opinion of your opinion, which is that it is silly to snark about the pointlessness of people's interests, since ultimately they are all useless wastes of time meant to fill up the space between the cradle and the grave, assigned arbitrary importance according to our own personal likes and goals.

"And as far as not being made fun of for the stuff you like, well, I've taken loads of crap for some of my interests, too.  This is what having a thick skin is all about - hearing people's opinions and not being bothered by them.  If you can't take it, then the problem is with you, not them."

1. You can make fun of anything you damn well please.  I can still say I don't like it.  My opinion of your opinion of my opinion of your opinion is mine to express.
    2. Yes, of course you have.  We all have.
    3. There is no law that says we all have to have thick skin or else.
    4. I am not bothered; I was merely pointing out how silly I personally in my opinion believe it to be when people try to point out the uselessness of others' hobbies.
    5. Thanks, Mom.  :)

And as a free corollary;

6. Wow - I am not 100% certain that I am the person who is most bothered here.  Guy, you don't like sports.  That's okay.  I don't like reality shows.  Whatever.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BannedAgainBoston. Show BannedAgainBoston's posts

"Two Point Conversion"

Hint: You have already scored the touchdown, and are guaranteed the Field Goal; do you have the mojo to bring it in for an extra two points?

You people are PRUDES!

BTW: For the record, I DO like Football.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

Sigh.  Must go back to the Urban Dictionary.

This place is an education.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BannedAgainBoston. Show BannedAgainBoston's posts

Diamond,

Strangely, the UrbanDictionary does not have the specific definition I am looking for.  I am quite surprised actually, since this saying has been around for 10+ Years.  This is the first time I actually have something to add to that site!

Although, maybe a better term for the maneuver should be called a "Three Point Conversion" (that should be an even bigger hint...).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

"Two Point Conversion" Hint: You have already scored the touchdown, and are guaranteed the Field Goal; do you have the mojo to bring it in for an extra two points?

Oh, right.  Some guy friend explained that to me many years ago but my little girl brain couldn't contain it.  I do, however, know that aubergine belongs to the Purple family.

You people are PRUDES!

Wow.  I'd hate to think what we'd have been talking about all afternoon if we weren't prudes.  Maybe we would have posted pictures of naked Twister and strip frisbee? 

[QUOTE]For the record, I DO like Football.
    Posted by BannedAgainBoston[/QUOTE]

So, how about that World Cup stuff?

Wink

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

"Two Point Conversion" Hint: You have already scored the touchdown, and are guaranteed the Field Goal; do you have the mojo to bring it in for an extra two points? You people are PRUDES! BTW: For the record, I DO like Football.
    Posted by BannedAgainBoston

must i then ask how's their stamina to make than extra 2 points? i  mean if they already scored a touchdown, then the stamina may have already been used up....

possibly? yes?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

Yeah, Urban Dictionary said some stuff that confused the hell out of me.

Oh, wait - OH, WAIT - HEY!!!

I think I get you.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

In Response to Re: 6/9 - Ray Allen was Cold as Ice, willing to sacrifice our love... :    Wow.  I'd hate to think what we'd have been talking about all afternoon if we weren't prudes.  Posted by TwoCentDonation

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

im clueless

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

BBB, I think he means your cruise has so much fun when you stop off at one port, you decide to stop off at a second port too, possibly without warning the dockmaster.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

BBB, I think he means your cruise has so much fun when you stop off at one port, you decide to stop off at a second port too, possibly without warning the dockmaster.
    Posted by diamondgirl

ahhh, ok. DG.. thanks me lady!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from redwolf68. Show redwolf68's posts

"I'm also entitled to my opinion, and to the right to express that opinion." Certainly.  And I am entitled to express my opinion of your opinion, which is that it is silly to snark about the pointlessness of people's interests, since ultimately they are all useless wastes of time meant to fill up the space between the cradle and the grave, assigned arbitrary importance according to our own personal likes and goals. "And as far as not being made fun of for the stuff you like, well, I've taken loads of crap for some of my interests, too.  This is what having a thick skin is all about - hearing people's opinions and not being bothered by them.  If you can't take it, then the problem is with you, not them." 1. You can make fun of anything you damn well please.  I can still say I don't like it.  My opinion of your opinion of my opinion of your opinion is mine to express. 2. Yes, of course you have.  We all have. 3. There is no law that says we all have to have thick skin or else. 4. I am not bothered; I was merely pointing out how silly I personally in my opinion believe it to be when people try to point out the uselessness of others' hobbies. 5. Thanks, Mom.  :) And as a free corollary; 6. Wow - I am not 100% certain that I am the person who is most bothered here.  Guy, you don't like sports.  That's okay.  I don't like reality shows.  Whatever.
    Posted by diamondgirl

That may be the most times I've seen someone use the word "opinion" in one sentence.  BTW, you certainly seemed bothered by mine - yes, I know, e-mail and forum posts lack tone, which makes for often grave errors in perception, but still.  Wars have been started over considerably less, of course...  And we agree on reality shows. :-)  One more thing, though - when I put that "is it worth it?" question at the end of my little rant, I hadn't really intended for anyone to answer it.  Strictly rhetorical, yanno?  (Yes, yes, I know - "If you ask a question for which you don't really want an answer, expect an answer you don't want to hear."  But still.)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BannedAgainBoston. Show BannedAgainBoston's posts

BBB -

The "Extra Point" or the "Two Point Conversion" is the Finish.

The availability of the "Two Point" is purely based on the disposition of the Woman.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PowerCord. Show PowerCord's posts

It's up!

It's good!

PowerCord wins it in overtime!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdrotten. Show jdrotten's posts

Time for a group hug!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BannedAgainBoston. Show BannedAgainBoston's posts

Diamond -

Yes, but technically it is the Third Port.  The real argumant lies in which Port is officially the First and Second, but that is purely acedemic.

Yes, I am a sick dirty boy.  Therefore my favorite movie about this subject is "Bad Santa"...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BannedAgainBoston. Show BannedAgainBoston's posts

Oh, and I HATE Soccer... it's a Communist sport!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

BBB - The "Extra Point" or the "Two Point Conversion" is the Finish. The availability of the "Two Point" is purely based on the disposition of the Woman.
    Posted by BannedAgainBoston

thanks Babs!!!

you're Da Man!!!!

Sections
Shortcuts