7/8 - Comfy Thursday

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from trickycrayon. Show trickycrayon's posts

7/8 - Comfy Thursday

Gave in, got an A/C unit from my friends...slept like a baby!

Woke up to a wet floor, though. Whoops.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PowerCord. Show PowerCord's posts

Re: 7/8 - Comfy Thursday

Tricky,

You have to make sure the AC is tilted toward the outside a bit and check to see if the drain hole is opened up.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from trickycrayon. Show trickycrayon's posts

PC, I figured that one out this morning...just didn't know that last night. Whoops. (hello, word of the day...)

<3 yay Lily!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

I am finally seriously going to book my August vacatioon, and am totally delirious with stupid happiness.

It looks like our weeks are looking up, ladies and gentlemen!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from trickycrayon. Show trickycrayon's posts

Omg, vacation!

August is just a block on the calendar. At least one person is on vacation each week.

I...don't get the concept of vacations, as my family never really took them...but it is nice to know that I CAN take one at some point! :D

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

My family never really took them, as such, but our family is so scattered, we all just visited each other.  I have family in some gorgeous vacation spots.

I am so excited that we can take vacations now that do NOT involve staying at one of my relative's houses.  I can find out what this 'room service' stuff is.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

good morning kiddies

Lils, glad to hear all is well now!!!

im a little fuzzy today!!!! its going to be a lonnnnnnnnnnnnng day in hell.... ugh

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from trickycrayon. Show trickycrayon's posts

Whooooooooooooooa I rambled.

I don't know what is with me being so nice to people lately...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

HAHAHAHAHA, love PC's avatar today!!!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from trickycrayon. Show trickycrayon's posts

I came back from getting the mail to a pile of stuff on my desk...later, guys. <3

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BannedAgainBoston. Show BannedAgainBoston's posts

Glenn Close looks like a Transvestite.  I find that movie now has renewed "replay value" when I watch it with that mindset.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

Good Morning!!

It was a relief walking out the door this morning.

DG - In addition to room service maybe you'll get turndown service, too.  They come by at night, turn down the bed covers, and leave a chocolate or mint or chocolate mint on your pillow.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

I am so excited. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BannedAgainBoston. Show BannedAgainBoston's posts

I don't really care for "Destination Vacations" anymore.  After several years of grueling "business travel", my ideal vacation is just staying at home goofing off!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

I am very tired of my hot, cramped apartment.  If I am going to lie around in the heat, I am going to do it in Bermuda.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

Diamondgirl (languishing by a window and desperate for a breeze): Dr. Diamond, this place wearies me so!  The heat... I cannot bear this heat much longer!

Dr. Diamond (with concern): My dear, I wish I could afford a palace complete with central air conditioning to soothe your heat-battered soul.  But, until then, shall I spirit you away to an island where you can recover in a leisurely manner?

Diamondgirl:  Oh, yes!  Please do!! But, until then, can we go wading in the Christian Scientist reflecting pool?  Or knock over a fire hydrant?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

I shall use my largest wrench, my dear...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redwolf68. Show redwolf68's posts

Vacation?  I haven't had a real one in donkey's years - unless you count the 2 months being out of work, living on savings and working on the new apartment.  And that was a much-needed break (November-December '09) after working solid 4.5 years previously.

And we only have a window fan in the bedroom, so we slept without covers, and I woke up on sweat-dampened sheets this morning.  Ugh.  But at least there was a nice cool breeze blowing outside when I drove my wife to the train station.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from UnstableFlux. Show UnstableFlux's posts

In Response to Re: 7/8 - Comfy Thursday:
    Vacation?  I haven't had a real one in donkey's years - unless you count the 2 months being out of work, living on savings and working on the new apartment.  And that was a much-needed break (November-December '09) after working solid 4.5 years previously. And we only have a window fan in the bedroom, so we slept without covers, and I woke up on sweat-dampened sheets this morning.  Ugh.  But at least there was a nice cool breeze blowing outside when I drove my wife to the train station.
    Posted by redwolf68

Leave the windows open and they'll be dry b y this afternoon

Sections
Shortcuts