9/1 - Sticky icky Wednesday

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

9/1 - Sticky icky Wednesday

I don't expect much chit chat here.  I just wanted to kvetch about the weather.

I was all sweaty when I got to my cubicle.  It displeased me greatly.  Blech.  Yech.  Ugh.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

Re: 9/1 - Sticky icky Wednesday

It is foul.  I hate it.  And it is NOT NORMAL.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Switters242. Show Switters242's posts

I couldn't possibly agree more with you ladies.  Hate, hate, hate the humidity.  It makes what is usually a very pleasant walk to work borderline unbearable.  I'm not even looking forward to going out to get lunch. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

I went to the office cafeteria.  Blessedly, they had a decent selection.  That isn't always the case.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

I had crackers and water for lunch.  Too cranky for real food.  >:(

I can't wait to get home and turn on the a/c.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Switters242. Show Switters242's posts

2cent - That is cheating. 

DG - I have mine programmed to start blasting about an hour before I get home so it feels like I'm walking into an igloo.  Oh sweet relief.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

In Response to Re: 9/1 - Sticky icky Wednesday:
    [QUOTE]2cent - That is cheating.[/QUOTE]

I prefer to think of it as leveraging my available resources.

[QUOTE]  DG - I have mine programmed to start blasting about an hour before I get home so it feels like I'm walking into an igloo.  Oh sweet relief.
    Posted by Switters242[/QUOTE]

Me, too.  I <3 programmable thermostats!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Switters242. Show Switters242's posts

[QUOTE]I prefer to think of it as leveraging my available resources.[/QUOTE]

You must be in marketing.  ;)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

I just have a sad little window a/c.  :(

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

On the plus side at least I got to spend a large chunk of the day in air conditioning as opposed to slogging it out in the streets of Allston/Brighton/Brookline/Cambridge/Somerville moving all my worldy poseesions.

So I didn't get into Harvard; at least I was spared the Boston moving day madness!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

Yeah, no way I was going to school intown.  no no no no no

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Switters242. Show Switters242's posts

[QUOTE]I just have a sad little window a/c.  :(
    Posted by diamondgirl[/QUOTE]

Me too but since my whole apartment is about the size of a Volkswagon bus, one window unit with a cute little 12 hour timer cools the whole thing.   

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Switters242. Show Switters242's posts

Oh, and the a/c at work is mostly broken today.  FML

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 9/1 - Sticky icky Wednesday : Me too but since my whole apartment is about the size of a Volkswagon bus, one window unit with a cute little 12 hour timer cools the whole thing.   
    Posted by Switters242[/QUOTE]

I just leave my two window units on even when I'm not there.  They both have thermostats so they "cycle" between blowing cold air and regular fan air.  I leave the settings at about 80 degrees during the day and the blinds are almost closed, so it doesn't get too bad.  The cat appreciates it.  :-)