Biggest Choke In Sports History

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from daveh7373. Show daveh7373's posts

Biggest Choke In Sports History

Well they actually did it,,,,blew a 9 game lead in just one month. Crawford cant catch the ball for an out....papelbon throws a meatball to blow the save....they get runners on first and third with one out and can't get a run home (the story of the whole year was leaving men on base)......and the RAYS rally from a 7 run 8th inning deficit to win 8-7 on a home run,,,,,,,and I stayed awake to watch this,,,,,ok my anger is now sufficiently vented

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rudraksha. Show rudraksha's posts

Re: Biggest Choke In Sports History

Yeah. :)
    rudraksha

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

I am retirig my 'red sox red' nail polish for the season

WAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Empire-In-Ashes. Show Empire-In-Ashes's posts

Now it's time to wait and see what happens to this team. Both Tito and Theo get fired?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

I saw the title and thought it was about the Yankees 2004 ALCS. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

In Response to Re: Biggest Choke In Sports History:
    [QUOTE]1946 lost 7th game of World Series. 1967 lost 7th game of World Series 1975 Lost 7th game of World Series. 1978 Blows 14 game lead in August. 1986 Lost 7th game in World series 2003 lost 7th game of Championship Series. All worst than last night. The worst Choke in history? 2004 Yankees.
    Posted by moosedodger[/QUOTE]

Nope.  Not even close.  Worse choke was the Mets a few years ago where they were much further ahead than the sox were and blew it in non-stop losses.  And I say this as a closet Mets fan, so believe me it pains me to mention it.  I think the Mets that year had a record winning season until it all fell apart in flaming firey excruciating fashion.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

Agree with moosey.  Come on!  Man up, people!  This is nowhere near the worst thing we have ever seen them do. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bzorn22. Show bzorn22's posts

Ahhh Smile

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

[QUOTE]Ahhh
    Posted by bzorn22[/QUOTE]

hehehehehe

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

poor sox.. sorry guys

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JeepersCripes. Show JeepersCripes's posts

Its not the worst, but its by far one of the most amusing. The crawford irony makes me giggle.

And I will be wearing a Tampa hat next year to the games.

Go B's!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

I was sort of hoping to get to wear a Tampa hat to Sox playoff games with you.

Oh, can it bzorn.  You people like baseball to make yourselves feel better than anyone else.  We like baseball to give us something to bitsch about besides the weather.  It's a cultural thing.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

And Sandwich, we can't hear your schadenfreude from inside your Mets closet.  Come on out and wear your Mets hat like a man. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from daveh7373. Show daveh7373's posts

Moose - one big difference is that all of those teams that you referenced actually got into the post season.

We had what was arguably described as the first or 2nd best pitching staff in baseball at the start of the season and all stars at almost every position. To not even make it to the postseason with a NINE GAME LEAD in the beginning of Sept has to rank up there with the biggest collapses in history. Not that the Yanks did us any favors by blowing a 7 run 8 inning lead. I hope tampa knocks them out of the post season just to spite them

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

[QUOTE]And Sandwich, we can't hear your schadenfreude from inside your Mets closet.  Come on out and wear your Mets hat like a man. 
    Posted by diamondgirl[/QUOTE]

It's not safe to do so -- my husband and kids are Yankees fans.

:)

[ETA:  In 1986, I wore my Mets jacket all around Boston (just before the World Series) and I did not get much grief at all -- of course, I was a young nymphet at the time, which gave me a lot of license.  8)  Plus it was before the Series -- after would not have been safe! ]

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Empire-In-Ashes. Show Empire-In-Ashes's posts

The collapse part that I find so amazing and so "terrible" is the whole month long september thing. If we had made it to the playoffs and won and then choked, yes it can be worse for some. Watching them collapse all month long? Just freaking torture.

Being so close to the World Series win and then losing after the drought is probably far worse. And I missed all of those because of my age. But a one game collapse (or series) can't really be compared to a month long collapse on levels of what's worse, it's just not comparable. Not even the same. One's worse in one respect and the other was just painful to watch. I'm ashamed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bzorn22. Show bzorn22's posts

[QUOTE]I was sort of hoping to get to wear a Tampa hat to Sox playoff games with you. Oh, can it bzorn.  You people like baseball to make yourselves feel better than anyone else.  We like baseball to give us something to bitsch about besides the weather.  It's a cultural thing.
    Posted by diamondgirl[/QUOTE]

We like baseball because we invented it. Yankee stadium is the home office of baseball.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bzorn22. Show bzorn22's posts

[QUOTE]The collapse part that I find so amazing and so "terrible" is the whole month long september thing. If we had made it to the playoffs and won and then choked, yes it can be worse for some. Watching them collapse all month long? Just freaking torture. Being so close to the World Series win and then losing after the drought is probably far worse. And I missed all of those because of my age. But a one game collapse (or series) can't really be compared to a month long collapse on levels of what's worse, it's just not comparable. Not even the same. One's worse in one respect and the other was just painful to watch. I'm ashamed.
    Posted by Empire-In-Ashes[/QUOTE]

It isn't your fault. You weren't pitching.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Empire-In-Ashes. Show Empire-In-Ashes's posts

If I pitched, it couldn't have been any worse.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JeepersCripes. Show JeepersCripes's posts

I had 7 RBI's this year, out of 8 games, which actually puts my % better than crawfords. Wheres my millions?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from cb156. Show cb156's posts

I thought the Cliff Diving Championships were in Boston last month.

25. This post has been removed.