Can we have a Cupcake ruling?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

Re: Can we have a Cupcake ruling?

I have a pair of skinny-ish jeans, but not the supertight skinny ones.
     You have to ensure that you have a correctly fitting top with them that comes down on your hips properly.

Super skinny ones don't look good on anyone, IMO.

When it comes to jeans, find ones that YOU like and that YOU feel comfortable in.  Don't be afraid to try new styles in the dressing room...you don't have to buy them if they are ultimately unflattering.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archangel Michael. Show Archangel Michael's posts

Skinny jeans don't work on anyone.

The horror, the horror.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4376881. Show user_4376881's posts

I don't wear jeans, because I am a unicorn that vomits rainbows.  What a silly concept.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

I have some skinny jeans, and I love them, but that is because most jeans I try on are baggy on the outside of the upper thigh (they look like jodphers) -- so most regular jeans add extra volume right where I don't want it.

I wish they made skinny jeans with a boot cut hem, because then the ice cream cone shape wouldn't be an issue.  Miss Cupcake, any thoughts?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from two-sheds. Show two-sheds's posts

e e sandwich,

I thought by definition skinny jeans are narrow at the ankle?  I'm hardly an expert, though, so hopefully Cupcake can set us straight.

For me, skinny jeans are one of those looks that either looks great or awful - there's no in-between.  It's not a forgiving look, unless you cover up much of the jeans with boots and a long top. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from McBostonrob. Show McBostonrob's posts

Okay, I understand skinny jeans for men - they shouldn't exist.  But skinny jeans for women?  How are they different from jeggings? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Montyy. Show Montyy's posts

In Response to Re: Can we have a Cupcake ruling?:
    [QUOTE]Okay, I understand skinny jeans for men - they shouldn't exist.  But skinny jeans for women?  How are they different from jeggings? 
    Posted by McBostonrob[/QUOTE]

I'm awestruck that McRob knows what jeggings are.   Boom - here's your metrosexual card.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

Oh, man, I am old enough to remember when men wore skinny jeans -- ie: well fitting jeans. ........:::sigh:::

Please bring back those days.  The baggy drawer look has lasted way way way too long.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e. Show 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e's posts

@sandwich: I have the same issue. I try to get pants that are a "straight fit" through the hips and thighs, as opposed to a "curvy fit." This is independant of the legs, which could be skinny, straight, boot cut or wide. FWIW, I think a lot of women can't really pull off the tapered leg look. Some can, and they look just fine.  The rest of us become the dreaded "ice cream cone."

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Inter-Planet. Show Inter-Planet's posts

I love my skinny jeans and I am curvy (not as in a euphemism for fat but feminine curves). Oh and tell Cupcake that at 5' tall I also love my numerous ankle boots. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4376881. Show user_4376881's posts

See it's funny because the entire concept of a unicorn wearing jeans is hilarious.  Not to mention that it regurgitates rainbows which is just a natural phemonenon which happens sometimes.  Right?  Yes?

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Inter-Planet. Show Inter-Planet's posts

What is Zeppy??

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

I was going to ask -Cupcake- to omit one word in her post, but now I see her post is gone.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DB Cooper. Show DB Cooper's posts

I'm wearing Pajama Jeans today.

I look hot.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JazzyJtotheILL. Show JazzyJtotheILL's posts

CHC - try them... what's it going to hurt? Hit a store, put them on and see if YOU like them. Personally, I cringe when I see them. Zeppy says a flowy top and skinny jeans.. I think that's cute for women who have smaller upper bodies. if I wear a flowy top it's going  to look like I'm hiding six basketballs.. then to put skinny jeans on with it, i'll look like an orange on a toothpic... it all depends on your body type and your confidence...

Makes a huge difference what kind of shoe you wear with it too. Especially if you are curvy. I don't like flats with skinny jeans, but a heal can make them look more tolerable and proportionate.

Branch out of your comfort zone once in a while, it's fun :)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Montyy. Show Montyy's posts

In Response to Re: Can we have a Cupcake ruling?:
    [QUOTE]CHC - try them... what's it going to hurt? Hit a store, put them on and see if YOU like them. Personally, I cringe when I see them. Zeppy says a flowy top and skinny jeans.. I think that's cute for women who have smaller upper bodies. if I wear a flowy top it's going  to look like I'm hiding six basketballs.. then to put skinny jeans on with it, i'll look like an orange on a toothpic... it all depends on your body type and your confidence... Makes a huge difference what kind of shoe you wear with it too. Especially if you are curvy. I don't like flats with skinny jeans, but a heal can make them look more tolerable and proportionate. Branch out of your comfort zone once in a while, it's fun :)
    Posted by JazzyJtotheILL[/QUOTE]

Jazzy - I'm sure you DO NOT look like an orange on a toothpick - but man I love that line!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

I don't wear either; my legs are crooked, and I need a wider pant leg to even them out.  But I actually think you can be too skinny for skinny jeans.  You get chicken legs.  They look best if you have actual legs to wear them on.  :)

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts