Celtics Hangover Friday - 6/18

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

Re: Celtics Hangover Friday - 6/18

In Response to Re: Celtics Hangover Friday - 6/18:
    In Response to Re: Celtics Hangover Friday - 6/18 : I guess I'm in a very small minority telling the LW to just go for it. 
    Posted by LWhitt58

If it were his first time, I would say yeah - DO IT! like I did to the cutie gay road tripper the other day.  But the fact that this guy keeps having LDRs means I agree with Dimmy that he has a bad pattern going on.

So, that was my reasoning.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from McBostonrob. Show McBostonrob's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics Hangover Friday - 6/18 : If it were his first time, I would say yeah - DO IT! like I did to the cutie gay road tripper the other day.  But the fact that this guy  keeps having LDRs means I agree with Dimmy that he has a bad pattern going on. So, that was my reasoning.
    Posted by diamondgirl

Is reasoning a euphemism for "my head hurts too much for rational thought and my hopes were crushed last night so I'll just give silly optimisic advice?"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

Good morning all!

On the plus side looks like we're going to have nice weather for the weekend.  does that help much?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from McBostonrob. Show McBostonrob's posts

Oh wait, your advice wasn't optimistic.  Nix that.  How about
    Forget it.  I'm giving up on today.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

What?  How was 'don't do it' optimistic?

Wait - are you teasing me?

Wait - I need more Gatorade.  ALl of you shut it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics Hangover Friday - 6/18 : If it were his first time, I would say yeah - DO IT! like I did to the cutie gay road tripper the other day.  But the fact that this guy  keeps having LDRs means I agree with Dimmy that he has a bad pattern going on. So, that was my reasoning.
    Posted by diamondgirl

Agreed.  But he's 26, she's 24.  Yeah, she left the U.S. to go back to Israel.  Perhaps he feels differently than she does and she's being more adult about the whole thing.  Wouldn't she have already served in the Israeli Army by now?  So she could be a LOT more adult than he is!

So I still say while it might not work out, he shouldn't just cut it off cold turkey.  Continue Skyping.  You never know what'll happen.  If after a few months it just seems to fizzle out, there's your answer. 

And yes - if someone else comes along here in the U.S. to whom he's attracted, go for it as well (although I didn't say that in my post to the LW).  But I don't see any problem with trying to continue the relationship - whatever it turns out to be.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

Btw, I think you all should console yourselves by eating and drinking whatever treats you want today, e.g., Boston creme donut from Dunkins, Angus burger with fries from McD's, the grande iced all fat all sugar double caffeine cinnamon chocolate doo whoppie doo with whipped cream and sprinkles on top from Starbuck's, and a side of Utz cheese puffs.

You're Boston fans.  You deserve happiness.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

I don't think I'm even going to comment on today's letter.

Marriage #2 has completely soured me on LDR's.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

and I really want a lobster roll for lunch today, but not enough to spend my fun weekend money on it.  :)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

I told him to be open to meeting others, but I doubt he will.  Likewise, if we tell him to break it off with her I doubt he'll do that, too.  I have feeling this going to be a Life Lesson for him.

And, who knows, maybe with him in grad school this will work for him - gives him the feeling of a gf without the actual distraction of one.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from trickycrayon. Show trickycrayon's posts

TwoCent, I loves ya. <3

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

Twocent is a queen among women.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from anecdotal-evidence. Show anecdotal-evidence's posts

Hi everyone! I have very little going on at work today, so it's a play day for me. What's everyone up to?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from anecdotal-evidence. Show anecdotal-evidence's posts

Diamond, I love your profile pic - who is it?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Michelle-. Show Michelle-'s posts

Helloooo :)

Sorry for everyone's loss. I actually stayed up for it and even I went to bed pissed off. :( 

I'm not going to say anything further about it, because I know the feeling all too well and know that sometimes..it's better to maintain radio silence.

<3

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from McBostonrob. Show McBostonrob's posts

And, who knows, maybe with him in grad school this will work for him - gives him the feeling of a gf without the actual distraction of one.
    Posted by TwoCentDonation

Twocent, I think I can speak for the vast majority of guys when I say we'd much rather be feeling a girlfriend than feeling like we have one. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

Rita Hayworth.

I know who yours is!  :)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdrotten. Show jdrotten's posts

Btw, I think you all should console yourselves by eating and drinking whatever treats you want today, e.g., Boston creme donut from Dunkins, Angus burger with fries from McD's, the grande iced all fat all sugar double caffeine cinnamon chocolate doo whoppie doo with whipped cream and sprinkles on top from Starbuck's, and a side of Utz cheese puffs. You're Boston fans.  You deserve happiness.
    Posted by TwoCentDonation

LOL...I ate Doritos for breakfast :-)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Michelle-. Show Michelle-'s posts

I;m not commenting on the letter today. I say the title "She lives in another Country" and didn't even click on it. LDRs make me sad.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

Hi everyone! I have very little going on at work today, so it's a play day for me. What's everyone up to?
    Posted by anecdotal-evidence

I'm encouraging Boston sports fans to drown their sorrows in sugar, refined sugar, and all varieties of bad fats.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

The rest of the picture is pretty sweet;

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics Hangover Friday - 6/18 : Twocent, I think I can speak for the vast majority of guys when I say we'd much rather be feeling a girlfriend than feeling like we have one. 
    Posted by McBostonrob

Duly noted.  But I don't think this guy is most guys, and as someone noticed a strong of LDRs may suggest commitphobe.  And he isn't feeling a girlfriend...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins73. Show Bruins73's posts

The rest of the picture is pretty sweet;
    Posted by diamondgirl

Zoinks!!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Michelle-. Show Michelle-'s posts

TwoCent, I have an oreo cookie cheesecake from the cheeseckae factory all ready for me when I get home. I am starting a boot camp class at the gym tomorrow so tonight is my last cheat day...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins73. Show Bruins73's posts

Michelle - so tonight is paaaaaaahty time for you!!