Cheat or not to cheat

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: Cheat or not to cheat

In Response to Re: Cheat or not to cheat:
    This has nothing to do with PC. It has to do with the fact that some couples are quite happy in Open Relationships.
    Posted by Zeptember

But, she's not talking about having an open relationship, she's talking about solving a sexual problem in their relationship by having sex with someone else.  Open relationships that can work are those that are due to it being what both people want.  Neither of them WANT her to go outside the relationship to be sexually satisfied, but she's feeling pushed into that "solution."

So, to slap the "open relationship" label on it and say it could work IS a PC thing to do.  It's not an open relationship in an emotional sense at all.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from The Guinevere. Show The Guinevere's posts

Yes, originally when I first posted this, I was thinking of not saying anything to him and just "cheating'. But the more I thought about it, the more I read the comments,  it seems an open relationship would make sense. I know it is more normal in Europe, and frowned upon here. Of course, I will have to bring this up to him and have no idea how he is going to react. He knows I am not satisfied with the way things are right now, he also knows I love him dearly.

I do appreciate all the feed back.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I am throwing it out AS AN OPTION. I do not think she should cheat on him. If it's mutually agreed upon, it could work. No one here has any real idea of what these people 'want'. How is a relationship where each person has sex with others being labeled as PC? That's a new one on me.
    Posted by Zeptember

If they wanted to have an open relationship they'd have one, end of story.  You can safely assume they don't, or she'd have no reason to post and ask about cheating.

It's PC to say "whatever works for them" when it's just not going to.  This has nothing to do with what I feel would work for me and everything to do with the fact that if a man has a problem in the bedroom and the woman is asking strangers about our thoughts on cheating to solve the problem, using that word, not saying, "We're considering having an open relationship," resentment is a given response.  It's not a matter of what works for one might not work for another - that's the PC part of it. 

But, I think the OP has my point fwiw, so arguing now is just not helpful.  If my point here is lost I can live with it with no hard feelings (no pun intended re the topic).

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Kar, I think you need to google Open Relationship. It isn't cheating. But don't do it at work.
    Posted by Zeptember

I know what it is and that it isn't cheating.  It was the OP who called what she wants to do cheating.  It's in the title of the thread.  The fact that they don't already have an open relationship and this "cheating" is being proposed to solve a sexual problem it's ripe for resentment.  But, if you disagree, you disagree. As my grandmother would say when she was done debating, "One of us is wrong."

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts