Come Here for Love Letters Off Topic Debate

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

Re: Come Here for Love Letters Off Topic Debate

I'm bored silly.  My husband and I agreed we weren't doing anything for St Pats, and he decided to go meet some Irish step dancer friends at a bar anyway.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

I agree that the posts get a little out of control at imes, honestly, but for me it goes back to the age-old debate about freedom of speech - if you are going to allow some people to express some things, you must have a fairly free hand with it. 

I am worried that sometimes we abuse the honor system a little - the Sups come to mind, but I think the valuable advice and semi-on topic helpful tangents make up for the lack of strict adherence to the topic.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from McBostonrob. Show McBostonrob's posts

I'd love to play, Sally.  And, for the record, I don't take any position on all the OT posts.  Sometimes I enjoy them, sometimes I think they're beyond childish, but bottom line is that it isn't my site. 
    But I get annoyed when I see a gang mentality taking over.  What AV did to jazzy last week was inexcusable.  And when I see PC post things like he just did, I get really annoyed.  Who is he to say who is welcome? 

Like I said I'm not really taking a position on the whole OT debate except that rational, respectful people should listen to one another, not insult them, dismiss them, or ignore them while encouraging others to ignore them.  Obviously once meredith and the admin spoke up today, that changed.  But I hope the discussion and debate flourishes here. 

And finally, for the record, nothing I've said applies to KIO.  I find him irrational and offensive. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealJBar. Show TheRealJBar's posts

All right, why don't we make some concessions?  I will admit the "sup" got old, and the "in bed" made me cringe a little, but the "Chuck Norris" was hysterical.  So how does the community decide what is offtopic and funny vs. what is offtopic and..meh? If we rein in a little maybe that's ok?  I do think that moving so much of the event planning and banter to the FOLL FB page has saved at least 150 comments per day off the board and perhaps we should mention that when people complain.  We are already moving off the board in some regards.  I just think if they added an On Topic button, and added On Topic to the Sort By's then everything would be solved.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from McBostonrob. Show McBostonrob's posts

I guess I should have replied here?

I'd love to play, Sally.  And, for the record, I don't take any position on all the OT posts.  Sometimes I enjoy them, sometimes I think they're beyond childish, but bottom line is that it isn't my site. 
    But I get annoyed when I see a gang mentality taking over.  What AV did to jazzy last week was inexcusable.  And when I see PC post things like he just did, I get really annoyed.  Who is he to say who is welcome? 

Like I said I'm not really taking a position on the whole OT debate except that rational, respectful people should listen to one another, not insult them, dismiss them, or ignore them while encouraging others to ignore them.  Obviously once meredith and the admin spoke up today, that changed.  But I hope the discussion and debate flourishes here. 

And finally, for the record, nothing I've said applies to KIO.  I find him irrational and offensive. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealJBar. Show TheRealJBar's posts

Wow I look really BIG on this page!  I should get a mirror with these qualities and hang it on the ceiling in my bedroom (Objects in this mirror are larger than they appear). 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from McBostonrob. Show McBostonrob's posts

In Response to Re: Come Here for Love Letters Off Topic Debate:
    And btw, Lwhitt, if you're reading here, I assume when you said you've been called rude twice in the past two days, once of those times referred to when I mentioned you.  I was very careful not to call you rude.  I said you responded with as much respect as was appropriate,  which I meant to say you were nice to nice people and rude to rude people. 
    My point was that as soon as somebody complains about OT discussions, you dismiss them by saying that Meredith says it's okay.  You don't engage them; you don't consider content or context, you dismiss.  To me, that is rude.  But for the record, I never SAID you were rude. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealJBar. Show TheRealJBar's posts

McBRob the bad blood between Jazzy and AV is unfortunate but if you look to its source, AV told a story about losing her husband to cancer and Jazzy ridiculed her. That's how they got started.  I'm friendly with AV in the real world and I worked behind the scenes a little bit with her and with Jazzy (who frequents one of my favorite restaurants in the town I just moved out of) but both of these women have tempers and they just keep flaring up.  I was trying to do the online equivalent of pushing each of them into neutral corners but Jazzy came up with one final diatribe that I was astonished even made it past the censors.  It was taken down, but not before most who had friended her publicly denounced her.  Granted, AV kept at her.  The two of them now have a detente.  If we all do what Sally says and just keep it respectful we'll do fine.  I do disagree with your notion that it is rude to ignore others and encourage others to ignore, simply because in KIO's case I don't think we're dealing with a rational person.  The only way to avoid him is to ignore him as a community. If he was a frequent poster with actual advice that'd be one thing.  But he's not.  He's a little boy who has decided that LL's is a hill and he wants to be king. 

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JazzyJtotheILL. Show JazzyJtotheILL's posts

ew.... JBAR. I'm actually sitting here in 100% astonishment. And now feel like the biggest jerk on the planet. IF (and quite honestly I'd LOVE for someone to find that post) I said ANYTHING to AV about her husband dying of cancer then someone strike me dead right now. I'd NEVER in a million years EVER make some sort of comment like that.  I don't care if I hated someone's guts. That is the furthest from my character you could EVER get.

I am really sorry if that somehow came through as coming from me. I do remember one day someone making a comment and thinking it was beyond rude, regardless how much I can't stand someone.

The biggest influence of my life passed from Cancer, I rode the PMC twice for Cancer, I'd NEVER (even if it wasn't cancer) make a comment like that about someone's lost loved ones.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

Um.  I was going to make some flip, absinthe-fueled comment back to Sally, but I think Jazzy has the floor right now.  I'm going to sneak out for a bit.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealJBar. Show TheRealJBar's posts

Hey there Jazzy,  AV sent me an email, very upset. I was off the board that day and didn't see the initial back and forths between you two.  Perhaps she misread you?  Perhaps she read someone else's post and thought it was yours?  Anything might have happened but she was hurt, and she lashed out. Since God granted you both the same tempers, it got feisty for awhile there.  You both seem to be ignoring each other which is great.  And if my opinion matters in the slightest, I like your posts quite a lot now that all tempers have cooled a bit.  AV's past it now.  I feel badly for you since you obviously didn't know where all the rancor was coming from.  AV's a very private person so if it's ok with you I'm going to drop her a note telling her about our conversation.  Is that ok?

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JazzyJtotheILL. Show JazzyJtotheILL's posts

That is fine JBar. thank you. Please know, that regardless of my temper and my lashing (though really, they are 99% just ranting abotu things I don't know - like calling people old, when how would I have a clue) I'd never be hurtful about such a sensitive subject. ugh

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JazzyJtotheILL. Show JazzyJtotheILL's posts

Also - I can say with 100000% certainty, I did not post anything about her husband. Or really her, so I do believe she saw someone else write it and must have misread for somethign I said. double ugh.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealJBar. Show TheRealJBar's posts

Sounds great Jazzy, thanks for letting me send her a message.  I'm glad we cleared THAT up!  Have a great night and don't drink green beer! See you tomorrow.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

Well, I kind of want to talk to KIO, actually.  KIO, I am being totally serious and not taking the p here - what is it you really, really want?

Do you want an representative of the 'elite' posters to say to you that we get out of control?

Do you really just want the OT to die down a lot?

Why do you threaten the mods with things like flagging posts?  I have only ever flagged one post in my life, so I am really asking.

When Meredith asked us to stop the OT debate, you kept going?  Was it just to prove the point of how annoying you find the regulars?

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JazzyJtotheILL. Show JazzyJtotheILL's posts

Only if can find me in my hole. But be sure to be vewy vewy quiet..

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts