Dating multiple partners poll

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

Re: Dating multiple partners poll

As long as everyone is practicing safety and good hygiene, and everyone knows and is okay with what is going on, I think it is all fine.

I personally did not choose to sleep with multiple people, but I don't grudge anyone else if they do.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from two-sheds. Show two-sheds's posts

I  voted for the last option - "No...".   It's not that I think it's wrong if people want to date multiple people and they're honest.  I think just think it works out best if you don't date multiple people.  Things get too complicated if you do.

For instance, the whole upfront thing:  I think it would tough to bring up on first date that you are seeing other people and you have every intention of continuing.  (If you bring it up later, then you've been stringing them along without being upfront).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wizen. Show wizen's posts

I would never assume that someone I'm seeing is only seeing me, unless we'd had that conversation.  And I would definitely have that conversation before any intimacy occurred. 

Sleeping with someone if you're not sure if they're seeing other people or not is just asking for trouble.  Ask. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

Well.... agree with two-sheds that that sounds like a difficult conversation, logistically. 

But since I have never done it, it would not have occurred to me.  :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WillDeerborn-of-Gilead. Show WillDeerborn-of-Gilead's posts

If it's just the early "dating" stages, in general I'd say it's OK. Once things reach the physical (sexual) point it should be exclusive.

That's just me.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

In Response to Dating multiple partners poll:
    So what's everyone's opinion about dating muliple people at once?
    Posted by two-sheds

Are you trying to give HEAVYBLASTER an aneurysm?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

Yes.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from colakoala. Show colakoala's posts

If you're up front about it you can act any way you want to.  That's not to say you should expect people to approve of it, or put up with it.  

So I chose that one.  But I think what's relevant is when you're not telling people or not telling people yet, because that's where the whole expectations thing comes into it.

I think it's wrong to date multiple people if you aren't willing to be open about it: I definitely disagree with that choice.  And as far as choice 3 - if someone wants to act that way as a way to justify feeling okay about their actions, fine.  But that sort of behavior hurts some people and this questionable "code" is like blaming the victim.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

Having been kind of slutty in my 20's (can you be kind of slutty) I don't see a problem as long as you do not LIE (found that one out at my own expense) I don't think that you need to be upfront as much as truthful... The other thing is when it is felt by both people that the time is right to be exclusive you just know... you don't want to be without the other and she does not want to be without you... i don't think there should be concrete rules but both people know when it's right

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kittensmittons. Show kittensmittons's posts

Where do we stand on dating multiple personalities?

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kittensmittons. Show kittensmittons's posts

In Response to Re: Dating multiple partners poll:
    I have no issues dating multiple people at once.  When you start having sex with one, you kind of have to draw the line though.  Have I broken that rule?  Absolutely.  But I don't recommend it, as it starts to get ugly...
    Posted by SmashAtoms

So in a nutshell, watch what Smash does and then don't do it. :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

[QUOTE]Where do we stand on dating multiple personalities?
    Posted by kittensmittons[/QUOTE

Is there a personality in there that's kind of kinky,  if I'm going to have to carry all that baggage it might as well be interesting

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kittensmittons. Show kittensmittons's posts

So what if you're sleeping with one person, who is sleeping with other people, and you don't care, but they get all up in your face about it? Do you get the rights to tell them to fork off or do you have to stay and engage in some sort of nutty discussion about it?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

I have no issues dating multiple people at once.  When you start having sex with one, you kind of have to draw the line though.  Have I broken that rule?  Absolutely.  But I don't recommend it, as it starts to get ugly...
    Posted by SmashAtoms

^^^  That.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kittensmittons. Show kittensmittons's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dating multiple partners poll : [QUOTE]Where do we stand on dating multiple personalities? Posted by kittensmittons[/QUOTE Is there a personality in there that's kind of kinky,  if I'm going to have to carry all that baggage it might as well be interesting
    Posted by jkjband[/QUOTE

My personalities all have kink in them, Jack.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kittensmittons. Show kittensmittons's posts

In Response to Re: Dating multiple partners poll : ^^^  That.
    Posted by LWhitt58

I don't like cutting people from the team. I feel badly.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

So what if you're sleeping with one person, who is sleeping with other people, and you don't care, but they get all up in your face about it? Do you get the rights to tell them to fork off or do you have to stay and engage in some sort of nutty discussion about it?
    Posted by kittensmittons

You tell them ,nicely, that their embarrassing you, and are they ruining the @rgy and ask them to kindly leave

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdrotten. Show jdrotten's posts

I know for me at least, dating one woman at a time is plenty.  Heck, dating one can be to much at times. ;-)

But what other consenting adults do is up to them.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kittensmittons. Show kittensmittons's posts

In Response to Re: Dating multiple partners poll : You tell them ,nicely, that their embarrassing you, and are they ruining the @rgy and ask them to kindly leave
    Posted by jkjband

The answer is always the most obvious one, Jack. Many thanks.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kittensmittons. Show kittensmittons's posts

That's right kittymitty.  Do as I say, not as I do.  :) Seriously though, I've messed that up before and it backfired pretty badly.  I had to learn the difficult way to follow my own advice.
    Posted by SmashAtoms

I'm just pleased you found more than one person who finds you uncreepy. Good for you!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LifeLessonsLearned. Show LifeLessonsLearned's posts

Casual dating - going places as a couple, like a restaurant or the movies. Hanging out together with friends. Spending some quality time alone together. NOT sleeping together - that doesn't fall under "casual."

Yes, when I was younger I did sometimes casually date two guys at a time, back in my early-mid 20s when single guys were plentiful. As soon as I started to really like a particular guy, the first thing I did was quit seeing anyone else.

Sexual intimacy is, for me, the line that divides casual dating and serious relationship. The only guys I've ever slept with are guys I'd started dating and become serious about -- and those guys were also serious about me. It was not simply understood we were seeing each other exclusively - we had the conversation about monogamy and commitment.

So to answer the poll -- it is OK to date more than one person at a time, as long as you're not sleeping with any of them. If you're sleeping with someone, then you date only that person and no one else.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MuddyShoes. Show MuddyShoes's posts

Tried it, with disastrous and painful results for all concerned.  Do not recommend.

Sections
Shortcuts