Dating multiple partners poll

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Seebell. Show Seebell's posts

Re: Dating multiple partners poll

The only time I told another guy I was sleeping with another guy WAS WHEN I WAS TRYING TO GET RID OF THE GUY! 
    Dating multiple people are okay - but once you zero in on sleeping with one of them - you need to tell the other guys that you are NOW seeing someone exclusive and that you won't be dating them or anyone other than Mr. Exclusive.
    But once you are seeing the "exclusive guy" - I wouldn't be telling him of my past dates - especially the ones I was dating while first seeing the exclusive guy.  Some things are better left unsaid.  And Heaven forbid - if you tore the sheets with one of other guys in a drunkin moment of ecstasy, my gosh DON'T TELL HIM OR ANYONE......

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

Just as I voted, I feel a poly life is fine if EVERYONE consents to it.

Not for me, though. I have a wild jealous streak.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

I'd like to know Cap's opinion. He could be enlightening.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from naturalginger. Show naturalginger's posts

I'm going to chime in with a slightly dissenting opinion - that I think it's ok to date multiple people, including consentual adult sex, and that nothing is exclusive until it's discussed.  If you're worried that your new squeeze is sleeping around - ask them.

I'm in an exclusive relationship, and it was a very clear and direct discussion when we decided to be monogamous.  Prior to the state of the union, while it was pretty apparent we were only seeing each other, I wouldn't have begrudged him if there was another female on the radar. Jealous? Absolutely. But I feel like the burden is on ones self if you want to ensure exclusivity before you get hurt or angry regarding a potential bf's/gf's a polyamorous status.

Just my thoughts.  Wrap it up, be safe, and be clear about your own boundries - and hopefully, no one will get hurt!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redwolf68. Show redwolf68's posts

I think it's OK if you're poly, your partners are all poly and everyone is on board with it.  It's still exclusive if you're not sleeping with anyone outside of your circle of partners, and everyone is (again) on board with that as well.  How well it works depends on the individuals involved - some can manage it, some cannot.  I've seen some work very happily with such arrangements, I've seen others have it blow up in their faces in ways they couldn't have imagined.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

In Response to Re: Dating multiple partners poll:
    Well.... agree with two-sheds that that sounds like a difficult conversation, logistically.  But since I have never done it, it would not have occurred to me.  :)
    Posted by diamondgirl

I'm with DG on this.  I know people date around, especially if they're not sleeping with anyone and they're getting dates off a match.com.  For me, personally, I just couldn't do it.  I'm not good at juggling and I'd feel odd.  I guess I could have gone on first or second dates with more than one guy from OK Cupid, but it just never happened that way.  And, if I was into someone I would simply feel weird and wrong for going on a date with someone else.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from McBostonrob. Show McBostonrob's posts

I'm with 2cent; I think it's fine if you're talking about first or second dates.  I'd be pretty psyched to meet somebody I wanted to date more than that; I don't think it would occur to me to date anybody else at the same time. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

Haha, McRob.  If I am not head over heels for someone, I don't care what they do with their spare time.  I would never have TIME to date two people.  I get a little obsessy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I may be the wrong person to chime in here but sex is not always so controlled and neither is dating. Everyone should stay within whatever moral boundaries they have set up for themselves, but you cannot always put a clamp on "lust at first sight".

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealJBar. Show TheRealJBar's posts

jesseyeric I like the way you cover your bases, with an avatar of the Beatles and a tagline from the Stones.  Nicely done!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: Dating multiple partners poll:
    jesseyeric I like the way you cover your bases, with an avatar of the Beatles and a tagline from the Stones.  Nicely done!
    Posted by TheRealJBar

Thanks and let's not forget Living Color

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

fk yeah living color.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Wow..this is something I never gave much thought to..but I guess I agree with what most have said...if it's early stages...then perhaps...but once you start sleeping with someone..I think it needs to be exclusive.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

No matter your answer - please remember - practice Safe Sex

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Another-Veronica. Show Another-Veronica's posts

I prefer dating one man at a time but I'll make an exception when jessey visits this area.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarketSurfer. Show MarketSurfer's posts

Comes down to the defintion of dating. . . is being exclusive with someone still dating?  I don't think so, but that's me.

Without an exclusivity agreement, then dating multiple people is acceptable, and waht happens without the agreement can vary widely, but without the agreement, its dating.  With the agreement, its no longer dating.

Sections
Shortcuts